Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tim Raines IRL posted:

can I get some feedback on this probably awful list I cribbed together? It's basically "Cards I own 4c gifts (with some credit to SaffronOlive for steering)". I'm not looking to make anything hyper competitive, I actually hate modern but I don't have access to paper legacy anymore so I'm just looking for a way to have some fun at FNM and resolve the occasional titan.

I'm guessing you have no access to Lingering Souls, Lili, or Elesh Norn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Might be worth taking a look at Skred lists for some ideas, there are a couple local Skred players here and Koth is always a pain in the rear end to deal with. KLD Chandra too, but you might be better off waiting for those to drop in price.

If you're running Koth in that list you would need to add Ensnaring Bridge as well. 4 bolts aren't enough to protect it. Or maybe just run Koth in the board since it's a 4/4 haste against decks that don't pressure it. Kld Chandra seems good though.

As a skred player I would find some room for relics, they give me more easy wins then the moons do.

Chalice seems great as well somewhere in the 75.

Also get some utility lands in there. Cavern of souls, ghost quarter, that land with luck counters maybe? Find some more ways to give a middle finger to people looking to play fair interactive magic.

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 19, 2017

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I think Koth/Chandra/Bridge is a whole different deck, this is a Modern take on Dragon Stompy from Legacy.

Definitely the Chalices as an upgrade. Relics seem too slow, the deck is basically aggro. Goal is to hose faster decks with Trinisphere/Magus of the Moon/Chalice/Molten Rain then beatdown in a couple turns with Rabblemaster/Dragons.

Cavern of Souls might be a good upgrade, and I like 1-of Gemstone Caverns (it puts odd games in your favor off the bat).

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm guessing you have no access to Lingering Souls, Lili, or Elesh Norn?

oops, I didn't post the whole list:

I do have lingering souls, as well. What should I cut for them?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

TheKingofSprings posted:

Akroma is a fringe card in some flicker decks I think

Isn't that the other akroma?

The one doing an exalted angel impression

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

myDad posted:

I think Koth/Chandra/Bridge is a whole different deck, this is a Modern take on Dragon Stompy from Legacy.

Definitely the Chalices as an upgrade. Relics seem too slow, the deck is basically aggro. Goal is to hose faster decks with Trinisphere/Magus of the Moon/Chalice/Molten Rain then beatdown in a couple turns with Rabblemaster/Dragons.

Cavern of Souls might be a good upgrade, and I like 1-of Gemstone Caverns (it puts odd games in your favor off the bat).

Agree about Koth/Bridge, just trying to explain what would make Koth work. Chandra, ToD is just a good card though, good enough for the legacy version.

Maybe relic isn't what you want, but keep it in mind when you're testing.

Also just noticed the lack of blood moons, I guess I just assumed you had them in. It's one of the most important cards in the deck and at the very least an upgrade to Magus.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Eldritch evolutions seems bad in that deck. I think you're going to be prone to flooding with 24 lands, a bunch of mana dorks and no card draw. You probably want to go up to the fourth copy of gifts, since T4 elesh norn will be ten times better than anything else the deck can do.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

uninverted posted:

Eldritch evolutions seems bad in that deck. I think you're going to be prone to flooding with 24 lands, a bunch of mana dorks and no card draw. You probably want to go up to the fourth copy of gifts, since T4 elesh norn will be ten times better than anything else the deck can do.

I've only played about ten matches, but at least 30% of the games I've won have been off of Evolution, so I am not sure I agree.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Tim Raines IRL posted:

oops, I didn't post the whole list:
I was going to say; there was nothing to gifts for. I would put a second wrath effect, so you can always gift for one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I've only played about ten matches, but at least 30% of the games I've won have been off of Evolution, so I am not sure I agree.

Can you give an example of a winning line with Evolution? You have one creature to Evolve into your 6-CMC guys and one to bring out Norn. Unless you have a lot of GY hate in your area dropping the two Evolutions for another Rites and Gifts seems like a better move.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I was going to say; there was nothing to gifts for. I would put a second wrath effect, so you can always gift for one.

You need 3 Wraths to be able to Gifts for one.

And that deck wants at least 1 Snapcaster so badly.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Personally I wouldn't be maindecking Wrath with 8 manadorks

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Can you give an example of a winning line with Evolution? You have one creature to Evolve into your 6-CMC guys and one to bring out Norn. Unless you have a lot of GY hate in your area dropping the two Evolutions for another Rites and Gifts seems like a better move.

it's more that it's a general tutor that can find rec sage, can turn finks into a persisted finks + thragtusk, or yes, very late game can turn wurmcoil into two wurms plus a titan.

edit: other advice taken. Am now +2 lingering souls, +2 snapcaster, no maindeck wrath and SB wrath package is 3 cards with different names (verdict, wrath, DoJ)

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 20, 2017

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Personally I wouldn't be maindecking Wrath with 8 manadorks
Agreed. I'd probably move supreme verdict to the board personally.

You can gifts for a wrath if you run 2 because you have eternal witness.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Agreed. I'd probably move supreme verdict to the board personally.

You can gifts for a wrath if you run 2 because you have eternal witness.

I think I'd rather have 3 because in the games where I need it, waiting an extra turn to witness it back may well cost me the game. As an elves player I have always thought that deck is a bit obnoxious, but the RG burning tree zoo decks floating around out there are even faster, if somewhat less resilient.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Got Platinum Angel from an Aether Revolt draft, I'll try trading it for Chandras & see how they work on paper. Thanks for the thoughts y'all!

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Went 5-2 playing abzan company at a modern IQ yesterday and tiebreakers put me 9th out of 66 :(

Deck still seems pretty good. Played merfolk twice, jund, affinity, burn, blue tron and gw tron. There was a weird number of traditional jund decks there and a pretty good number of eldrazi tron and G/x tron there too. Lost to jund and affinity, played well all day except making 2 big back to back punts against affinity that cost me the game. Might do a writeup later if anyone cares.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Went 5-2 playing abzan company at a modern IQ yesterday and tiebreakers put me 9th out of 66 :(

Deck still seems pretty good. Played merfolk twice, jund, affinity, burn, blue tron and gw tron. There was a weird number of traditional jund decks there and a pretty good number of eldrazi tron and G/x tron there too. Lost to jund and affinity, played well all day except making 2 big back to back punts against affinity that cost me the game. Might do a writeup later if anyone cares.

Do the write up! Abzan company is a cool deck and I would enjoy reading about it!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Fingers McLongDong posted:

:justpost: There's a guy at my LGS who recently started bringing Company and I don't understand the deck all that well.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
We're running a Modern League in my town right now, and somehow the most represented archetype is Bant Spirits with 3 people (I'm one of them) on the deck. The other two people made the deck after I started playing it.

On the upside, I beat R/W Prison round one.

I'm paired against Goryo's Vengeance this week.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

well, as much as I love Eldritch Evolution and will continue to try to find a home for it ("Baby GSZ" as I affectionally call it, when I make sweet love to it each night) -- maybe if what I want to do is to make a jank-but-fun gifts list, Glittering Wish is just better. It doesn't 2-for-1 me when it gets countered, and if what I want is to be able to find Finks it works... and also finds Decay and a bunch of other things. I have long thought that Glittering Wish is just waiting for the right shell to be good, if not actually broken.

Of course, it would be a lot better if it could go grab a Deathrite from your board, but.... #modernBlues

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Eldritch Evolution has been spicy for me in Ponza. Like was said a page ago, there are lots of people that cannot beat a quick blood moon, and dork into magus gets you there on turn two often. They're also okay later if you can turn your fresh finks into two more life and a stormbreath or your baloth into an inferno titan (or, very rarely, your inferno titan into a Platinum Emperion)

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Abzan Company IQ trip report:

Round 1: Loss 0-2 to Jund. This kid seemed pretty young (20 at most), and was friendly enough. Started off the conversation by asking what tournaments I go to and friendly-bragging that he got second at an SCG Open recently, can't remember which. Not much of note happened here but both games mainly consisted of him having dark confidant and scavenging ooze and me having no way to deal with it. Maindeck I only have 1 fiend hunter and couldn't contest his t2 bob at all. He dropped and ooze and we played a long game 1 but eventually I ran out of gas and lost to his card advantage. Game 2 the same thing happened except he saw 3 dark confidants and I was only able to deal with three while also battling another scavenging ooze and I simply lost to jund doing jund things while I couldn't stop it. I boarded in 2 path, 2 decay, and 1 maelstrom pulse but it wasn't enough. Matchup seems somewhat difficult if they don't hit t2 bob but you're just going to lose games where people are drawing 2-3 cards per turn to your 1, even with company. Possible I should have looked more aggressively for one of the tireless trackers.

Round 2: Win 2-0 vs Merfolk. Had to play my friend that I drove down with. Merfolk seems like a very winable matchup. Game 1 I had 2 different mana dorks so his 2 spreading seas couldn't do enough. His hand also wasn't aggro enough but neither was mine. He was keeping his vial on 2 to use a harbinger of the tides to bounce my anafenza if I tried to chord for the combo and buy a turn. At the end of each turn he was activating his vial whether he had something or not, which is a trick I use when I play hatebears. I eventually had out a viscera seer and anafenza along with 2 hierarchs and had a chord in hand. I wanted him to tap the vial for 2 so I could chord and combo in response, so I just said "end step?", he takes the bait, and I gain infinite life. He later told me he tapped the vial out of habit but didn't actually mean to because he was holding harbinger. Game 2 I board out 2 tracker 2 voice and I think 1 melira, bring in 2 path, 2 decay, 1 qasali pridemage. We play a long game where he doesn't draw any gas except for a could of non-lords, I end up with a bunch of mana dorks and maybe 1 finks. We both draw terribly but eventually I draw a company, get some power on the board, use prowess triggers to put counters on a bird of paradise, and eventually find a gavony township to simply overpower him. He ends the game with something like 8 out of 20 lands in play and not much to show for it.

Round 3: Win 2-0 vs Burn. Easiest win of the day, seems like a freebie unless you just mulligan badly. I play 4 maindeck kitchen finks and a scavenging ooze, along with spike feeder and archangel of thune. Honestly not much to say here. He gets me to around 8 but I combo off with finks/melira/seer on turn 4, and game 2 I draw the total nut and combo off on turn 3. Turn 1 land, hierarch, turn 2 land and finks, turn 3 land, viscera seer, chord for anafenza. Not much to say, I think I boarded in Burrenton Forge-tender and pridemage, took out both tireless trackers.

Round 4: Win 2-1 vs Blue Tron. Very friendly opponent who was excited to be doing well at his first modern event, and with blue tron of all things. He had a good attitude and that made playing him all the more pleasant. Game 1 he's on the draw and shows a gemstone cavern, exiling an expedition map. Turn 2, he plays a tronland and is able to remand my t2 play. Turn 3, second tron land into map, turn 4 wurmcoil, turn 5 ugin, and I scoop. Board in 3 fulminator mage, qasali pridemage, sin collector, 2 tidehollow sculler. I've learned against all tron decks to go bare minimum on combo stuff and just try to be aggressive and find as many fulminators as you can. I board out both melira, 1 seer, 1 anafenza, 2 finks, and a wall of roots. Opening hand doesn't have a fulminator but does have some ramp, a chord and an eternal witness, so I keep. Turn 1 bird, turn 2 draw fulminator and kill a tronland, turn 3 play tidehollow sculler and pridemage, turn 4 eternal witness, get fulminator back, beat down with 2/2's, turn 5 reuse fulminator, he draws for his turn and scoops. Game 3 was a little bit more drawn out; turn turn 2 he plays a chalice on 1, repeals my only mana dork after that, I get down a sculler and a witness so I can keep hitting land drops while holding 3 mana dorks in my hand. Try to play them into the chalice every so often but he catches them all. Find an early fulminator with chord, he can't find the third piece by the time I use witness to get it back and recast it. He scoops and shows me a hand full of every wincon in the deck, so the game really could've gone either way.

Round 5: Lost 0-2 to affinity. Game 1 was at least interesting and he had a solid game of beatdowns but he gained enough life from an early skirge+plating that got fiend huntered that I can't kill him before he finds an ornithopter to attach plating to and finish me off. Game 2 I mulliganed to 6 and kept a hand that was poo poo but had a white source and a path, with a ton of potential if I can just find 1 of 17 green lands... I never do. I actually could have bought myself 2 more turns to find that green mana if I'd pathed his steel overseer when I had the chance but I got caught up in my own frustrations and hosed that up, not realizing until after. Shouldn't have kept the 6, and when I did I should've made better use of my path, so I deserved my loss. Feels bad losing that way but have no one but myself to blame.

Round 6: Win 2-1 vs Gw Tron. Decided I had a chance at tiebreakers to still top 8 if I win out so I keep playing. I have no idea how I've managed to beat tron twice today, but I did. Goes similar to when I played blue tron; He had tron only on turn 4, my hand isn't aggressive and he blows up the board with an O-Stone. Turn 5 drops an Ulamog, exiles some lands. I don't draw the fiend hunter, it isn't exiled with the ulamog attack but I don't draw it again so I scoop. Board the same as I did against blue tron; combo stuff out, fulms in, scullers and pridemage in. I didn't bring in sin collector this time since they have so many fewer instants and sorceries. Games 2 and 3 are almost identical. Turn 2 fulminators, eternal witnesses to get them back, tidehollow scullers and generally a 2/2 beatdown before they can recover. I'm extremely pleased with the fact I've been tron variants twice today.

Round 7: Win 2-1 vs Merfolk. This again. Game 1 is very routine; birds into finks, he taps out turn 3 so I mainphase company and do it again the following turn. Combo off with seer/finks/anafenza on turn 5 gaining infinite life, he makes me play it out so I scry melira to the top and then put infinite bolster triggers on the stack and kill him. Board the same as I did against merfolk earlier. We have a little back and forth but eventually he cuts me off of double white with spreading seas while I have fiend hunter in hand. He kills me with 2 meerow rejerey out and a master of waves that I can't do anything about since fiend hunter is stranded in hand. Game 3 I have a path and a decay along with a few small dudes. I essentially out-tempo him and he's stuck on 3 lands, one of which is mutavault so he struggles to only play 1 thing per turn. At a certain point he only has a Lord of Atlantis and a cursecatcher out along with a relic of progenitus, while I have a 3/3 ooze, finks, and hierarch. I only have 4 mana but already have him to 6, so I cast a company into the cursecatcher, knowing if he sacs it that he is forced to block with the Lord and will have no creatures. He does so, trades with finks, forgets to activate relic, and I win next turn. Saccing relic wouldn't have let him win but it would've bought him a turn, although I think he was still too far behind to win.

All in all, a good day. Sucks to drive 90 minutes just to get 9th in the breakers, but it happens. I was really happy with the sideboard overall, although I wasn't sure about some maindeck choices. I decided to play 2 voice of resurgence because I was expecting there to be more deaths shadow and I like voice in grindy matches but I only played jund once and didn't see one. I also decided to play 2 tireless tracker for the same reason, plus I love that card and it's been great, but by adding the voices I forgot I was going down to 22 lands with 9 fetches. I need to cut the 2 voices for a 3rd viscera seer and a 10th fetch for the tracker. I didn't get to use Archangel/Feeder combo a single time today, but I think it's still correct to play it over redcap right now. There's a lot of graveyard hate out there right now because of shadow, so having a non-graveyard combo feels like a really good idea and there weren't any games where redcap would have won that finks didn't.

Might stick with the deck for a while, it seems pretty decent right now. Does require some practice to play but I think I'm getting better with it and it's actually a super fun deck.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Anyone have recent experience w/ standstill decks in legacy? I built SnT recently and absolutely hate playing it, looking to make a move. Thinking I'll either pivot into some kind of *still list or miracles. I already own and love lands, just looking for a reasonable 2nd deck for the days I don't feel like 20ing people.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

The March Hare posted:

Anyone have recent experience w/ standstill decks in legacy? I built SnT recently and absolutely hate playing it, looking to make a move. Thinking I'll either pivot into some kind of *still list or miracles. I already own and love lands, just looking for a reasonable 2nd deck for the days I don't feel like 20ing people.

I'm not a huge fan of it in legacy. Without moxen to power it out on turn 1 standstill is kinda lackluster. I've recently been playing 4 color delver(down from 5 color delverless delver) and loving it. It's super fun, and has game vs everything.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

L0cke17 posted:

I'm not a huge fan of it in legacy. Without moxen to power it out on turn 1 standstill is kinda lackluster. I've recently been playing 4 color delver(down from 5 color delverless delver) and loving it. It's super fun, and has game vs everything.

Yeah, I've been considering a delver variant. Is goose a thing again?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

The March Hare posted:

Yeah, I've been considering a delver variant. Is goose a thing again?

Yes and no. Personally, I have found its generally lacking in the mentor miracles and eldrazi world. And its slow. Either you play deathrite and gurmag angler, or goose. I did play a good chunk of canadian threshold, and that still runs goose. 4 color you generally eschew it and run 1-2 true-names as your top end and gurmag anglers. With Eldrazi especially angler is too important right now I think.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The March Hare posted:

suicidesteve and I have been playing a UW list to some limited local success. I played it at GP Louisville. It's fun and cool but it's slow. Additionally, there was a guy at our store last week playing a BUG version that is a little bit more aggro with DRS and Anglers, obviously swapping StPs for Abrupt Decays and supreme verdict for stuff like Toxic Deluge.

e: there's a reasonably famous UR Landstill player, but I can't remember his name and don't recommend the deck. it has to play like delver, but the cards are just worse. he's a master with it but it's really hard to just pick up and play. Dreadstill decks used to play standstill as well but that archetype is dead

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I continue to mess with this dumb but fun as hell 4c gifts/glitter modern deck.

Is it ever correct to play > 0, < 4 serum visions? I don't want to give up a full 4 slots for the playset, but am considering trying 2 as a way to have a little more dig when things get drawn out.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I continue to mess with this dumb but fun as hell 4c gifts/glitter modern deck.

Is it ever correct to play > 0, < 4 serum visions? I don't want to give up a full 4 slots for the playset, but am considering trying 2 as a way to have a little more dig when things get drawn out.

I like the raw card advantage of think twice more than I like serum visions in a deck thats aiming to get to the late game. But thats just my preference.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Tim Raines IRL posted:

Is it ever correct to play > 0... serum visions?

No.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Occasional lurker hoping someone can assuage some nostalgia of mine.

Once upon a time (I think the most recent set was Nemesis?) I had a "Type I" deck that was fast/suicide black: carnophages, sarcomancies, phyrexian negators, hatred. The fun "gimmick" was the elusive 2nd turn hatred to win. Had some discard in the dick for kicks. A handful of "restricted" cards (mind twist and demonic tutor come to mind) to make it "legit" vintage. I usually did pretty middling at local tournaments, usually going 2-2, but always having fun. I have long since lost my cards, and every now and then--especially when I lurk this thread--I desperately wish I still had them to take up to a tourney one night just to see what I could do.

This may be impossible to answer since there's been 15 years of sets since, but: is anything like this still remotely viable? Or should I stop wistfully longing for these cards knowing I'd get my teeth kicked in and have zero fun?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

TipTow posted:

Once upon a time (I think the most recent set was Nemesis?) I had a "Type I" deck that was fast/suicide black: carnophages, sarcomancies, phyrexian negators, hatred. The fun "gimmick" was the elusive 2nd turn hatred to win. Had some discard in the dick for kicks. A handful of "restricted" cards (mind twist and demonic tutor come to mind) to make it "legit" vintage. I usually did pretty middling at local tournaments, usually going 2-2, but always having fun. I have long since lost my cards, and every now and then--especially when I lurk this thread--I desperately wish I still had them to take up to a tourney one night just to see what I could do.

This may be impossible to answer since there's been 15 years of sets since, but: is anything like this still remotely viable? Or should I stop wistfully longing for these cards knowing I'd get my teeth kicked in and have zero fun?

This is not viable anymore in the modern Vintage format. Sadly nothing even comes close to what you want really.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

It's not even close to what you want, but maybe look at Jaco drazi?

It's got discard like disruption in thought knot seer, and undercoated aggro rush creatures.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

TipTow posted:

For the most part that sort of scene is dead. Some places hold "casual" events, which are the closest thing to what you're looking for. They're pretty rare though. You could try finding local stores and then checking their website or facebook for event schedules.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I feel like the closest thing to that is ironically a mono black pauper deck

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

TipTow posted:

Actually thinking about it, look up "Old School' or "93/94". Its a format thats only allowing things printed up until The Dark I believe, and with rules of the time with slight modifications. You could probably play that style of deck there. Look around for events, its growing in popularity over the last year or two quite a bit.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Not actually looking to get back in, was really looking more for "closure" (feel so stupid typing that) about my lost cards and the fact I wouldn't be able to do much with them at a tourney today.

To read "that sort of scene is dead" makes me feel old :(

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Suicide Black has some superficial similarities to suicide zoo. In both cases you're playing a deck that tanks its own life total and plays undercosted fatties (one deliberately, one as a consequence of playing the most efficient cards) and then finish them off with a pump spell. Suicide Zoo doesn't really exist anymore though and the new Suicide Jund deck is a bit different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Elyv posted:

Suicide Black has some superficial similarities to suicide zoo. In both cases you're playing a deck that tanks its own life total and plays undercosted fatties (one deliberately, one as a consequence of playing the most efficient cards) and then finish them off with a pump spell. Suicide Zoo doesn't really exist anymore though and the new Suicide Jund deck is a bit different.

Yeah, I was going to say a Death's Shadow deck or Infect are probably the closest you can get these days.