Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Blue Train posted:

We're looking for money to buy more jets friend

I thought that we were negotiating better priced on the Jets? Didn't djt wave his short, sausage like fingers and reduce the jet price by a mil, mil and a half per jet?

Oscar Wild fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

I thought that we were negotiating better priced on the Jets? Didn't djt wave his short, sausage like fingers and reduce the jet price by a mil, mil and a half per jet?

Sure did! WINNING!

*Lockehead increases the servicing charges/Delivery Charges and pushes back all delivery dates. *

:sad:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

turn off the TV posted:

Like school lunches for children in poverty and the heating assistance program, there's just no clear economic benefit so we have to set aside our morals and do what's right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/03/16/trump-budget-chief-says-meals-on-wheels-is-not-showing-any-results-hes-wrong/

quote:

At a news conference Thursday, Mick Mulvaney, President Trump’s budget chief, defended proposed cuts to the Meals on Wheels program, which provides food aid to needy senior citizens, by saying the program is one of many that is “just not showing any results.”

I'm not sure what results were expected apart from people getting fed lol

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Y'all getting tired of winning yet? Has anyone asked Trump to stop winning so much?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

You can't start a hedge fund on that, so its wrong and has to be eliminated.

Mulching up the starving old people and selling them to pet food factories, now THATS worth funding.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Mulching up the starving old people and selling them to pet food factories, now THATS worth funding.

This but unironically

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I still cannot get over justifying cutting Meals on Wheels and Breakfast Programs because they don't produce any results

I watched an interview with Rick Santorum and he rolled his eyes a bunch whenever the interviewer mentioned cuts and argued tooth-and-nail that they weren't cutting funding for those programs, mostly he just used body language to make the interviewer appear naive (it was on CNN)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"Godless liberals we're not ACTUALLY killing grandma okay. Yer 2 dum to understand"

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The program probably isn't turning a profit, which is likely what they equate to not showing results. I'm sure that there have been plenty of studies showing that many of the social programs facing cuts have a huge long term economic benefit. Like, state money invested in libraries eventually has a 4-1 return on investment. But since that's not money in their pockets, well, get hosed.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Maybe they thought MoW was supposed to be temporary assistance, like a safety net program to use until you got back on your feet, and these seniors were going to start taking care of themselves again and cooking for themselves and going to out socialize. When viewed in that light, then I guess MoW would look like a pretty spectacular failure.

Now that I think about it, Social Security is also failing to get seniors back to work, and people on Medicare still have increasingly more expensive health costs, so we should cut those failing programs, too. Neither of them has shown a profit in years!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
imo anyone who is not generating a net economic surplus for the state should be forcibly conscripted into the military regardless of age or physical/mental condition. We can cut a whole bunch of programs with this policy. Huge savings!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Why hasn't anyone confronted Trump with this clip on loud speaker? Come on people, make the lols happen

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

There should be work requirements for able bodied Medicare recipients, that would help to save some money and help poor seniors enjoy the benefits that work provides

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Professor Shark posted:

I still cannot get over justifying cutting Meals on Wheels and Breakfast Programs because they don't produce any results

I watched an interview with Rick Santorum and he rolled his eyes a bunch whenever the interviewer mentioned cuts and argued tooth-and-nail that they weren't cutting funding for those programs, mostly he just used body language to make the interviewer appear naive (it was on CNN)

This is my understanding of what Dave Chappelle was getting at when he said Trump killed comedy. There is nothing funny about making old people and poor kids go hungry. Honestly i don't know if I can laugh at this administration any more.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

imo anyone who is not generating a net economic surplus for the state should be forcibly conscripted into the military regardless of age or physical/mental condition. We can cut a whole bunch of programs with this policy. Huge savings!

Good idea friend

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

happyhippy posted:

You can't start a hedge fund on that, so its wrong and has to be eliminated.

Mitch McConnell reads "A Modest Proposal". Not sensing the irony in its words, he begins licking his chops hungrily. "Finally, a solution."

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tumble posted:

he's made all the other bad presidents look much much better

James Buchanan and Andrew Jackson finally have some competition!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Remember when W gave us all like 300 bucks? By today's standards that's terrorism!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Archaic posted:

This is my understanding of what Dave Chappelle was getting at when he said Trump killed comedy. There is nothing funny about making old people and poor kids go hungry. Honestly i don't know if I can laugh at this administration any more.

Have faith, the biggest lols are forthcoming.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Heath posted:

Have faith, the biggest lols are forthcoming.

Wait for the first demonstrably tense situation involving the military.

Or watch the dow drop 25 percent because we completely close our borders from any and all trade.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Pictured here is Jesus putting a stop to merchants and money lenders that are giving food to the poor and homeless, as is written in the bible in Isaiah 58:7 :

"Never share your food with the hungry, or give shelter to the homeless if there are no results."

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

You don't need to, that makes you a good person if you can't.
Just realize the US is the bad guy now.
And lol.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

happyhippy posted:

You don't need to, that makes you a good person if you can't.
Just realize the US is the bad guy now.
And lol.

"Now"

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Knight posted:

Maybe they thought MoW was supposed to be temporary assistance, like a safety net program to use until you got back on your feet, and these seniors were going to start taking care of themselves again and cooking for themselves and going to out socialize. When viewed in that light, then I guess MoW would look like a pretty spectacular failure.

Now that I think about it, Social Security is also failing to get seniors back to work, and people on Medicare still have increasingly more expensive health costs, so we should cut those failing programs, too. Neither of them has shown a profit in years!

Medicare does turn about a 2% profit if I recall correctly, is wildly successful and highly rated by people who are eligible for it :)

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Well, the Right does the same thing here too.
"This welfare program isn't turning a profit, just staving off death for those pesky poors!"

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ava/status/843510302259871744

This made me laugh real hard

It's just too drat absurd

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

haljordan posted:

Has Melania been seen at all in the last two months

Ask Justin

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

debit down 100 billion after 2 months! so much win

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

It just struck me that Trump only underestimated the position of presidency because he literally thought the guy before him was a secret Muslim Communist hell bent on sabotaging the country, as portrayed by news sources consumed and written by people with diagnosable schizophrenia.

lol

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stealth Tiger posted:

It just struck me that Trump only underestimated the position of presidency because he literally thought the guy before him was a secret Muslim Communist hell bent on sabotaging the country, as portrayed by news sources consumed and written by people with diagnosable schizophrenia.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOb7UCRUASA

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stealth Tiger posted:

lol

"It is a very overwhelming job, but I'm not overwhelmed by it," he said.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Blue Train posted:

"It is a very overwhelming job, but I'm not overwhelmed by it," he said.
I thought you were just making a joke, but it's a real quote. Hahaha

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Stealth Tiger posted:

lol

Not only that, but this was his only 'out' for eventually being found out to be a business cheating corrupt conman!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

proof of concept posted:

I can breath a sigh of relief knowing those dangersous hombres are barred from entry

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

The Archaic posted:

You're sincerely correct. It's much better to get serious and go into politics and enact positive change.

But you're not going to do that lmfao

Even though accelerationism is an idiot philosophy you gotta admit it's pretty great seeing this country get stretched to the breaking point as we bring to boil our national nightmare: The millions of dipshits who believe in Republican Angels but don't qualify as fully retarded under the standards of today. They've looked down their noses at people like me and you for decades and now that their joke candidate is finally humiliating and failing them on a global scale and a daily basis, I think it might end up better than if we had gotten a more centrist president that would've taken poo poo for four years before crumpling to Kasich or something. Then we'd be in a similar position but with a less obnoxious Republican and more complacency on the left. Every indefensible acts of cartoon evil witnessed represents some positive number of GOP voters alienated or harmed, and I'm a mean enough person that I like to see both. It would be nice for innocent olds and kids to not be starved and killed by disease! But we elected Trump. So you want to GIVE UP ON COMEDY what the gently caress is wrong with you

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

proof of concept posted:

So when does the dude in the middle get deported.

Or was the meeting 70% looking over to him in case he pulled out a bomb and secret muslim beard and turban.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
apparently Comey is giving testimony tomorrow on russia and trump's bs claims of wiretapping? hope we it rains lols as well as piss upon our fair and balanced president, Donald J Trump

then again he brought up THE EMAILS right before the election to help trump in a way so, wow, its all so complicated. NOBODY knew how complicated politics could be

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/fbi-director-comey-to-testify-on-president-trump-s-unproven-wiretap-claim-1.13287142

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

quote:

The stakes are high for Comey, who has engendered mistrust after going public with comments about Hillary Clinton’s email server during the election; Obama, who has denied Trump’s claims and wants his name cleared; and Trump, whose credibility is on the line.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) on Friday said, “Frankly, unless you can produce some pretty compelling proof, President Obama is owed an apology.”

Trump supporters likely won’t be swayed by Monday’s hearing, said Hofstra University presidential scholar Meena Bose. “His approval ratings have remained fairly steady since inauguration, in the low to mid-40s, which indicates that his political base will continue to support him for now,” she said.

Lmbo this is childish and it's centered around the highest office here. Trump supporters are the mercury of the land and ought to be filtered out like poisons

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
who exactly was it said meals on wheels doesn't get results?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

who exactly was it said meals on wheels doesn't get results?

mulvaney