Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Oh what the hell, now. How am I supposed to figure out what I am missing to get the final % achievements when the stats show pretty much everything unlocked?

I know I'm missing dedication for the final achievements of Afterbirth+, but I have unlocked everything from plain old Afterbirth and that 1001% is still locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

AbstractNapper posted:

Oh what the hell, now. How am I supposed to figure out what I am missing to get the final % achievements when the stats show pretty much everything unlocked?

I know I'm missing dedication for the final achievements of Afterbirth+, but I have unlocked everything from plain old Afterbirth and that 1001% is still locked.

have you touched every item at least once?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

that ivy guy posted:

have you touched every item at least once?

The "items" stats screen shows them all except the last one which is Delirious and it's not required for the 1001%.

I did not explicitly touch all the items. I know for example that I got Mega Blast by D4 re-rolls (or maybe a dice room re-roll) -- but I think that counts for the unlock since it now shows on the sheet, whereas previously it had the question mark placeholder.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I had an issue where it just didn't credit me for two items, so I used a save editor to fix it, because gently caress that noise

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I've noticed that after the most recent patch I can't hold charge shot things like Brimstone, Chocolate Milk, and Maw of the Void through boss room entrances. If I'm charging up Maw of the Void and enter a boss room, the Maw charge will release as soon as I enter the room, even if I don't let go of the fire button.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Same holds for me. Sometimes it's nice if I happen to be aimed at the boss, other times I just end up firing at the wall :(

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
That seems to be a known or reported issue, at least as far as what is tracked in the changelog from the wiki:
http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Version_History

which I am not sure whether Nicalis checks or tracks at all, so.

Ghouljokes
Nov 30, 2016

So when are they going to fix the fact that Lokii is a piece of poo poo who never unlocks horns?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Today's daily is Lazarus that starts out kinda tough and then gets hilarious. Your pill is health up but there's Dead cat in the Curse room so wait until you get that and kill yourself(to activate Lazarus' rags) before using it. On the 2nd floor Blank card is in the Secret room(there are only 2 spots, it's the one NOT next to the Curse and Challenge rooms) and on the 3rd floor you can get a hilarious amount of money from Algiz+Temperance card and it just snowballs from there. Remember that you can use the Black rune to "eat" unwanted items(regular items become flies, pedestal items give a random stat boost).

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i just completed my first 4th victory lap and i got two questions. does this always work "Achievements can be re-enabled by exiting and continuing the run. This may or may not be a bug."? and can the same trick be used on a rerun

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Relin posted:

i just completed my first 4th victory lap and i got two questions. does this always work "Achievements can be re-enabled by exiting and continuing the run. This may or may not be a bug."? and can the same trick be used on a rerun

I only got ZIP! in a victory lap (I think it was the third --the first one that you get Lost anyway), and I was exiting and continuing the run for good measure (because I think I read about that in this thread). This was last week, so with the current patch.

I did my second victory lap without exiting and continuing in barely less than 20 minutes and ZIP! was not unlocked, so probably the exiting and continuing is actually needed.

I tried to get the "It's the key" achievement in on of those same victory laps, but I either screwed it up without noticing or it was impossible. (I later got that in a normal Azazel run to the Lamb).

I only did one rerun since I unlocked that mode, and by that time, I already had all the other achievements (except Dedication and the 1001%, 1000000% ones)

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Relin posted:

I've only tried Rerun once, and I didn't think to quit/restart to see if I could clear the "no achievements" flag. But every time I've done it so far with normal victory laps it has worked.

I know the Devil Deal flag carries over between victory laps, and it's possible the flag for "It's the Key" carries over as well.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Today's daily is Cain to Mega Satan. It seems to be a special one, because he starts with insane luck stat. (I think 12 or something).
I skipped the first deal with the devil, and by Caves 2 I got Mega Blast in the deal with the devil. There is also a five room on the floor.

I don't have to do the dailies anymore, so I died soon after, but this looks like it could be a fun one.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

AbstractNapper posted:

Today's daily is Cain to Mega Satan. It seems to be a special one, because he starts with insane luck stat. (I think 12 or something).
I skipped the first deal with the devil, and by Caves 2 I got Mega Blast in the deal with the devil. There is also a five room on the floor.

I don't have to do the dailies anymore, so I died soon after, but this looks like it could be a fun one.

High luck... luck of the Irish for St Patrick's Day?

Ghouljokes
Nov 30, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

yeah I think for st patricks day you start with like 18 luck.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
AB+ Switch mini review:
Seems stable and functional, haven't broken the game too terribly yet but only have done 2 runs. Even though the manual states there's a reset button there isn't.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I completed Mega Satan and Delirium on Lilith in the same run, which was the last two bosses I needed to have Hard mode done except for Greedier mode for all characters...then I found out I selected Normal instead of Hard accidentally :negative:

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

AbstractNapper posted:

By the time I got to Mega Satan, I had Brimstone, Epic Fetus, Marked, and Monstro's Lung. I just parked the spinning crosshairs on MS's face and let hundreds of brimstone lasers melt everything. I forgot to activate my two charges of box of friends with Incubus, ???'s head, and Mutant Baby, and it didn't even matter. Fun run.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh anyone else get locked out of the daily today? Went to do it and it just says my score is 0 and won't let me play it.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Presented without comment:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Explains why the PS4 version runs like dogshit I guess.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Or why the Vita version dips into single digit framerates when I get anything with splash damage.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Playing as Bethany seems kind of profoundly unfun, especially once you hit lategame. Isaac alone is enough to pretty much wipe out your flames just by existing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Nicalis can't even get it out in the switch in time for Europe.

Ghouljokes
Nov 30, 2016

Tricky daily run today. Cain to Isaac, you start off in a cellar with some fairly tough rooms. Also there's like no bombs

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Stelas posted:

Playing as Bethany seems kind of profoundly unfun, especially once you hit lategame. Isaac alone is enough to pretty much wipe out your flames just by existing.

I disagree. Often by then I have an immortal heart or two keeping my flames topped off, and I've switched to another space bar item that works well with her gimmick. Also, she gets angel rooms easily, and there are some powerful angel room items in Antibirth.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did they fix afterbirth being bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
afterbirth+ i mean

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Spigotry posted:

Tricky daily run today. Cain to Isaac, you start off in a cellar with some fairly tough rooms. Also there's like no bombs

You can become guppy later if you take the tail early but then you have no keys. Not very hard but not very fun either.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

eonwe posted:

did they fix afterbirth being bad

They changed a few of the unfair things but it's still hecka underwhelming for the 10 euro cost.

That said, AB+ grew on me and I got a couple hundred hours of co-op out of it with my partner. The biggest draw for me is what they did with trinkets - with another item that lets you hold two trinkets at once and two ways to make trinkets permanent effects, I'm using more trinkets now. I would always feel like I was locked to whichever god tier trinket I had, but now I can pick up something that's good without giving up something great a lot of the time. Also, it's a plus that the pill pool was expanded and the new pills are not all garbage this time around so you're unlikely to get only useless pills in a seed.

Time to find the last two items.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So I don't know if I seriously got hosed this bad by rng or if there's a pool bug on the switch but I got to a point where health ups didn't exist in boss items for a solid 3 hours. Closed the game out and magically they showed up again.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Finally got a good Bathany run going, mostly due to the fact that the Black Battery does very strange things when it interacts with the soul heart pool - the Book of Virtues was constantly at 1 charge and so using it was suddenly half price.

Then I lost Perfection to completely unavoidable damage (a room full of spikes and eight butt enemies, two of which were right on either side of the door I came through and farted instantly) and the Witness didn't drop the final chest when I Chaos Carded him. Good job game.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Good Game DesignŽ (no, the spikes don't retract)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

flyboi posted:

Isn't that just a visual bug?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Andrast posted:

Isn't that just a visual bug?

Seems to have been but I'm noticing a ton of weird graphical glitches. When you pick up runes and some other items black squares pop up on screen and greed coins don't have a sprite when they're boogers and attached. They're just bright white circles.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

flyboi posted:

Seems to have been but I'm noticing a ton of weird graphical glitches. When you pick up runes and some other items black squares pop up on screen and greed coins don't have a sprite when they're boogers and attached. They're just bright white circles.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Oh and Greed can spawn at any point in Greed mode. That was really "fun" having 4 Greed on the regular waves on Basement.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Or is it Sputnik posted:

hecka underwhelming

couple hundred hours

Lol

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

flyboi posted:

I'm pretty sure this visual bug happens if you step on the button during a one frame window right as the spikes are changing state (I forget which direction)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Played a lot of the Switch version and yeah it a great version. Only issues besides lack of a reset run option is huge tears can cause slight slowdown. This tends to happen on stuff like brimstone and tammy head. Light years ahead of how the Vita version was when that first came out. Despite someone saying it in the Switch thread, there isn't any slowdown in the Womb and beyond. Also the Switch version seems to moved around some of the Afterbirth Plus stuff, as I didn't start seeing the Vortex enemies until I killed The Lamb, and the only run I seen them on so far was the Victory Lap I had. Still not seen any of the new bosses beyond the boss rush.