Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LvK posted:

God, I'm totally not surprised that some of the code is so loving ancient. That series has some really weird quirks sometimes.

IIRC Fire Pro R actually has a slide-into-ring maneuver but the CPU won't do it and it's mapped to some really obscure input

Kind of. FPR has an EXTREMELY limited 8-man over-the-top-rope mode but I don't think it has staggered entrances.

No there is a version with staggered entrances. You can even set the intervals for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They dropped an update in the middle of an event in Supercard and now I can't get back in. Great job.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They dropped an update in the middle of an event in Supercard and now I can't get back in. Great job.

You forgot the more exciting news, they dropped a new WM33 tier starring Ken Shamrock for some reason

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Not sure if anyone wants this or not, but since Supercard's team chat is so terrible I decided to create a Discord server for our LLJK team. Swing on by! Or not! Who cares!

https://discord.gg/VcVftrP

Demp fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 17, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'd like to do the Champions event except I don't have the tickets and they dispense them out as slowly as possible. I haven't touched my cash since I'm figuring there'll be some kind of Wrestlemania sale, is it worth spending cash for tickets?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'd like to do the Champions event except I don't have the tickets and they dispense them out as slowly as possible. I haven't touched my cash since I'm figuring there'll be some kind of Wrestlemania sale, is it worth spending cash for tickets?

I've found you'll want to spend cash on bags of tokens to upgrade your characters.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

So the Supercard event ended and I couldn't complete it thanks to the issues from the new update rollout. I sent an e-mail to support asking for a refund for the couple bucks I spent on the game for the event but I'm ready to write it off as a loss and I'm probably done with the game either way, it's kind of a shitshow.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
So I'm thinking about joining the modern ages and getting a current gen console. I have two questions pertaining to the WWE games for PS4/XB1:

1) Does either console allow uploading of custom themes?

2) Which console has the better CAW community?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

No on the first one and the current consensus for CAW's seems to be the PS4 or so I have heard. There are some really great CAW's, but searching is a great big mess.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Muddy Burphy posted:

So I'm thinking about joining the modern ages and getting a current gen console. I have two questions pertaining to the WWE games for PS4/XB1:

Previously XBox had the better CAW community but since the PS4 has outsold the One to some ridiculous degree you'll naturally have more CAWs on the PS4.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Is there a goon champions faction

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Muddy Burphy posted:

get a ps4 since the new fire pro game is ps4/pc only

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The answer to any Xbone vs. PS4 question is always PS4 at this point. The PS4 runs better hardware, has better exclusives, and is selling a lot better because of #1 and #2, so its community will be larger.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

John Romero posted:

Is there a goon champions faction

Hit up goonWorldOrder and someone will let you in.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Motherboard (Vice) did an article on the Fire Pro community

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

dont even fink about it posted:

The answer to any Xbone vs. PS4 question is always PS4 at this point. The PS4 runs better hardware, has better exclusives, and is selling a lot better because of #1 and #2, so its community will be larger.

Plus I think a lot of meaningful Xbox One exclusives are probably available in Windows by now via whatever crossbuy thing they have set up. I like Forza a lot more than modern Gran Turismo but it's far from enough to sell me an Xbox if I can just play it on PC these days.

I picked up a PS4 just a couple weeks ago with Uncharted 4 (an oddly cheap bundle for whatever reason) and it's been good times.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

It's been like 12 hours and there are already SRW caws.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUmCoqnM8so

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Previously XBox had the better CAW community but since the PS4 has outsold the One to some ridiculous degree you'll naturally have more CAWs on the PS4.

you'd think so, but the community creations search function is seriously so broken you wont get any results for some of the stuff

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
well, MyCareer mode keeps delivering the comedy. It's my first Hell in the Cell, and I didn't drop the NXT title, so now it's time to open the show with a Six Man Hell in the Cell match for the NXT title between myself, Enzo, Big Cass, Fandango, and John Cena. I really hope either Enzo or Cass pin eachother, or Cena takes the belt. Also, RIP my computer after this.

Update: Cass pinned Enzo. This game is beautiful.

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 19, 2017

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Are there any good MMA games on PC?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

WWE Champions is starting to make me mad. Mostly the VS. I never have the point advantage, and even if I do the AI gets super lucky and gets a massive combo that takes half my life. They need to have VS balanced for everyone, or else I am never going to be able to earn gold tokens.

Edit: And as soon as I start complaining I go on a winning streak. Why do I put up with this crap game?

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 20, 2017

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Because you're a slave just like the rest of us.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Liar Lyre posted:

WWE Champions is starting to make me mad. Mostly the VS. I never have the point advantage, and even if I do the AI gets super lucky and gets a massive combo that takes half my life. They need to have VS balanced for everyone, or else I am never going to be able to earn gold tokens.

Edit: And as soon as I start complaining I go on a winning streak. Why do I put up with this crap game?

Avoid Cena, Acrobat Del Rio and Acrobat Rollins like the plague.

Also pimp up your Cena, Acrobat Rollins and anyone NXT (I usually go Ambrose) to pair with Rollins.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/841932827692273667?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/842330840122048512/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

quote:

Live Seat Is A Decoration For Now But In The Future, I Think That It Is Interesting If I Can "Power Bomb" On The Desk. # FirePro # Faipuro

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 20, 2017

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

KyloWinter posted:

I'm not sure there are any good MMA games period

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

KyloWinter posted:

Fire Pro when it comes out here, they've had fairly robust MMA systems in the past.

If you've never had an 8-way MMA rules battle royale you've never lived life/seen so many guys scissoring each other in one place.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Is TEW 2010 worth a poo poo? I apparently bought it a while back and didn't realize it. I'd like something I can run in the background at work and mess around with. Is 2010 any good, or should I get a newer one?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, its "good" but there's a couple of versions better. You can have fun with it but you won't have a lot of luck finding updated mods or anything since its outdated.

Its not really a "run in the background" kind of game, though. Its a big, nerdy, lose yourself in specifics kind of game.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Bought Fire Pro Returns a week ago, pretty fun actually! The gameplay is pretty good once I got used to it. It even made a match against my nephew interesting instead of the usual Yuke's DDT-and-running-bulldog-fest. I wish I could turn off the "breathing" system for matches though, because my younger brother and nephew kinda don't get the fact that you have to hold L1 for 10 seconds every 2 minutes in the match. I can't wait to make my own wrestlers and companies and pit them against each other because I have too much free time.

One question: Why is (off-brand) Jeff Jarrett one of the included wrestlers? Is J-E-Double-F J-A-Double-R-E-Double-T that big in japan?

(I've only seen him breaking guitars over people's heads in 1999 WWF/2000 WCW as a kid and I know he made TNA)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/tomozou_kantoku/status/844049701427068928

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

9 layers a part? :vince:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I've been having fun making goofy-rear end rasslers in WWE 2K16, but the new Fire Pro on Steam is pretty much gonna be a day one purchase for me.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is the new Fire Pro using skinned 3D models or is it all 2D sprites or something?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

AlmightyPants posted:

Is the new Fire Pro using skinned 3D models or is it all 2D sprites or something?

There isn't much info as of yet, but I'm guessing it'll be 2D like the previous entries in the series. Which is fine by me, the 2D graphics are charming and I get irritated at times with the 3D WWE games' weird graphical issues (custom titles not fitting properly on wrestlers' waists, ropes and belts clipping thru wrestler bodies, stuff like that).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't wait to see Not Xavier Woods erect posture iykwim

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sydney Bottocks posted:

There isn't much info as of yet, but I'm guessing it'll be 2D like the previous entries in the series. Which is fine by me, the 2D graphics are charming and I get irritated at times with the 3D WWE games' weird graphical issues (custom titles not fitting properly on wrestlers' waists, ropes and belts clipping thru wrestler bodies, stuff like that).

I'm a fan of simpler graphic styles if only because the CAWs fit the visual style of the rest of the in-game wrestlers. No Mercy was also good for this. I hate when CAWs stick out like a sore thumb next to the real in game models.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Does anyone know how this FactionFeud thing works in WWE Bejeweled?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

skaboomizzy posted:

Does anyone know how this FactionFeud thing works in WWE Bejeweled?

go to faction and then setup your team and join the team. it needs 5 people so im waiting for 4 of you other mooks to join

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Got my kinda lovely team set up. Feel free to make me leave if someone with way better duders can fill the slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Hey, so Faction Feud is kinda messed up. It won't let me heal any of my guys even after we wiped out the other team and won.