Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is it worth diving Alphinaud to Black 5 if I have his BSB? I'm always hesitant to spend that many wisdom motes, and so far I seem to be getting along fine with just summons on him, but it is tempting to give him access to chain spells and stuff when I'm up against a single target boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
If you use him reliably I'd say yes. 5* black magic is good and summons are expensive to hone and you may not have enough mileage to get through some of the ultimate fights.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is it worth diving Alphinaud to Black 5 if I have his BSB? I'm always hesitant to spend that many wisdom motes, and so far I seem to be getting along fine with just summons on him, but it is tempting to give him access to chain spells and stuff when I'm up against a single target boss.

I give Alphinaud Meltdown and Tiamat, I basically never looked back.

Well, sometimes for Tiamat, but never Meltdown.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

If you have Meltdown, dive him to Black 5; it's the one button you can push that's actuallybetter than his burst command. (For a single button push - chaining the burst command together is still better, but en-winded Meltdown is great for when you end up with a one cast gap before BSB recast or whatever. I guess also tiamat if you push his Mag sky high but you want him dived for that too.)

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Guys I finally did it.

I have All the Mythril :cheers:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vasler posted:

Guys I finally did it.

Now spend it

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I really do think something's gone completely screwy with the ATB bars lately. I definitely do not attack first if I have one character with a full ATB bar, the trash will always attack first no matter what. If I DON'T have full ATB bars or close to ATB bars I can at least attack first sometimes :psyduck:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Vasler posted:

Guys I finally did it.

heh, amateur

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grozz Nuy posted:

heh, amateur

Now spend it

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Vasler posted:

You have All the Mythril minus four :v: I see that "New" tag on the Cid Missions.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Now spend it

I'm gonna! We're just four days away from the first lucky!

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Don't waste it on stupid random chance draws! Instead, think of how large you could expand your inventory! You could keep every 1 star item you find for the next three months!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Grozz Nuy posted:

heh, amateur

Yeah, but he's at 103 stamina so he could have another 100+ by the end of the weekend, you can't :v:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

OneTwentySix posted:

Don't waste it on stupid random chance draws! Instead, think of how large you could expand your inventory! You could keep every 1 star item you find for the next three months!

inventory caps out at 500 doesn't it?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Looking ahead to future banners is weird because it seems like Tyro Selection 3, AOE Physical Lucky Draw, and another Dungeon Update banner will all be showing up right around the anniversary too.

So many banners

EDIT: I guess it makes sense for Tyro 3 to come in on the day of the anniversary

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Aren't there going to be like 3 lucky banners in a row for the anniversary? I think the next Dungeon Update lucky draw is going to be in mid-April, but there might be another one of some kind popping up soon that I'm forgetting.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Aren't there going to be like 3 lucky banners in a row for the anniversary? I think the next Dungeon Update lucky draw is going to be in mid-April, but there might be another one of some kind popping up soon that I'm forgetting.

Yes, they're listed in the anniversary details right in the app. One a day for 3 days starting on the 22nd.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Just to expand on it a little, I'm not sure if it was already datamined to match the Japan draws but...

March 22: Lucky Draw 1 - Curaga Strength Medica Soul Breaks (SSB+)
March 23: Lucky Draw 2 - Enelement Soul Breaks (Not SSB+ if it's the same as Japan so prepare for Lightning's Corps Field Uniform/11)
March 24: Lucky Draw 3 - Burst Soul Breaks
March 25: Free 11 pull on the 2nd Anniversary Vote Banner

Mid April? : Dungeon Update Lucky for III, XII, XIV. It'll happen really close to the Cloud of Darkness event, so new relics might be included.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 19, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The mockups again, just to give you an idea of what you're potentially looking at drawing.
1: Curaga medicas 2: Enelement SBs 3: BSBs
(They were made taking every relic that should be available on a banner by the time the Always Lucky draws drop into consideration, but it's not a sure thing that, say, the brand new VI stuff will be on).

Hogama fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 19, 2017

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Prav posted:

inventory caps out at 500 doesn't it?

I have no idea, but it amused me to say something so stupid.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Hogama posted:

The mockups again, just to give you an idea of what you're potentially looking at drawing.
[]
(They were made taking every relic that should be available on a banner by the time the Always Lucky draws drop into consideration, but it's not a sure thing that, say, the brand new VI stuff will be on).

Setzer's BSB is pretty great so it'd be nice to see that make the cut. ATK/MAG Breakdown with a 20% chance at OSB level damage with ATK/DEF and MAG/RES commands? Sounds great.

Edgar's Enpoison BSB and Locke's Enfire SSB I care about less, but it would at least drop the odds of me getting another First Fusion Sword and the Corps Field Uniform.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Oof, six dupes on that medica banner, but I suppose it's still hard to justify not pulling on it to try to flesh out some of the other realms I don't have good healing for.

Also jesus that BSB banner is deep, I can already feel it in my bones that I'm going to be viciously disappointed when I go 1/11 dupe again.

edit: v- :hfive:

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 19, 2017

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!

Oof, six dupes on that medica banner, but I suppose it's still hard to justify not pulling on it to try to flesh out some of the other realms I don't have good healing for.

Also jesus that BSB banner is deep, I can already feel it in my bones that I'm going to be viciously disappointed when I go 1/11 dupe again.

We shall treasure our Tiny Bees.

Bahumaut
Apr 6, 2009
Once you get a Tiny Bee, getting another one might as well be considered getting 0/11.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I got a second Tiny Bee as my only prize for the last BSB lucky draw. If it happens again then hey I get to turn it into an 8* :shepface:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

U-DO Burger posted:

I got a second Tiny Bee as my only prize for the last BSB lucky draw. If it happens again then hey I get to turn it into an 8* :shepface:
You and me both, buddy :v:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

I forgot that this happened to you, and it was truly incredible

I'm bummed about clicking those Lucky Draw previews because I wasn't even thinking about Cecil/Kain/Edge BSBs being on the element one, which means I'll have two chances to fail at getting FF4 synergy weapons instead of one!

Really just wanna see what's on the anniversary banners, tho

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I can't wait to not get Ashe's BSB from the enelement lucky, the BSB lucky, and the mid April dungeon lucky. Maybe it'll be on a fest banner so I can not get it a fourth time! :newlol:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I already have 11 of the Medicas on that list, so there's really no reason to pull on it.

But... but... but... never not pull. :shepspends:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Uncle Ulty posted:

I already have 11 of the Medicas on that list, so there's really no reason to pull on it.

there are 19 medicas on that list. You have more than half of them. What do you even need from the banner?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Nihilarian posted:

there are 19 medicas on that list. You have more than half of them. What do you even need from the banner?

More... stuff?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Why pull on any banner, really

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
After a certain point 90% of relics you pull will not be making it onto your A team because you've got The Good poo poo, so to avoid the general futility of pulling (or saving eternally for The Next Big Thing to chase) you start pulling for CMs :shepface:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Nihilarian posted:

Well, I don't have a medica for FFI, III, or XIV. I likely won't ACTUALLY pull on this, but the temptation is there.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

He probably has native medicas for nearly every realm to start with. If he still has a few he needs for Cid Missions he'd still be better off trying to get them from a banner that's less than 55% dupes

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

25 mythril pulls own actually

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Uncle Ulty posted:

You're gonna go 11/11, all separate dupes

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

U-DO Burger posted:

You're gonna go 11/11, all separate dupes

I'd consider that worth the 25 mithryl, just for the screenshot.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I did an ill-advised pull on XIII banner 2 because I really want Raines BSB... and it paid off. My current mage setup:

Fujin - BSB and SSB, Raines - BSB and Imperil Holy SSB, OK - BSB and mage SSB, Faris - BSB and -DEF/RES SB, Rosa - MBlink SSB. BSB gets gauge priority of course but if I end up with excess gauge then the SSB/SBs can add some extra damage. Fujin has double +Wind equipment and Raines has double +Holy. Faris' Thief's Revenge is a flex slot

Breaks: Full Breakdown, ATK, MAG, RES, MND, ATK+DEF, MAG+RES, ATK+DEF
Buffs: MAG+ATK, MAG+DEF, Proshellga

Default RW will be wall but my other ideas are pentabreak and healer BSB. Yuna's BSB2 could be fun with its MAG+MND buff along with extra damage from the healer slot.

That's my story thanks for reading. Good luck to anyone pulling tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Needed more FFII synergy, game decided that Gordon is now my pal.

• Locked thread