Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Certain fights/areas in particular are making me not want to do it, like the final fight of route AB having that lovely dirtstorm effect where you can barely see anything, or the desert boss as A2 which is just really poorly designed as a whole

With the first one, you can just wait most of the dusty phases out. There are safe zones you can stand in. The second one is mostly using the map to make sure you're outside then cluster where it's easier to evade lasers.

Neither are very fun, but they're doable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

a kitten posted:

What is the Sound Waves chip for exactly. Like, i see the indicator it puts up obviously, but have no idea what the heck it's for.

shows you the sound levels. so you can see what they are.

that's it. :shobon:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

lets hang out posted:

shows you the sound levels. so you can see what they are.

that's it. :shobon:

Well good.

At least that frees up 3 more spots for me i guess. :v:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is this game the kind where if you fail to do something at a specific time, then you screwed yourself out of some other thing later on? I guess that's really vague, but like if I was running through the desert for the first time, went through and did the boss and went on to the next area, if I missed something in there, like talking to an NPC or finding an item, did I miss it for good? This game has an interesting feel to it in that it almost feels like an MMORPG, where you can do anything at anytime (usually).

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sometimes things will go away temporarily but you'll always have another chance to do them later

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

So, really having fun, but I'm on Route C and haven't been able to upgrade my pods yet. Is there somewhere I can buy pure water? I've found a grand total of five is ~35 hours or so.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

So, really having fun, but I'm on Route C and haven't been able to upgrade my pods yet. Is there somewhere I can buy pure water? I've found a grand total of five is ~35 hours or so.

No just reload by the Flooded City harvest points until you find enough for upgrades.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man now that I'm in Route B it feels like my memory is playing tricks on me. I keep trying to find locked chests I had marked mentally and not being able to do so, and then like 20 minutes of searching later I find out I was thinking of a completely different place.

drat my obsessive need to open all of these.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
THey never really explained why 2B and 9S came back after blowing up their black boxes, but the other people in 2B's squad all seem to have died for good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Me, out loud on seeing an enemy: "You again?"
2B, one second later: "You again?"

I like her, she's good.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Any tips on getting this to not crash on a PC that meets the recommended specs? :smith:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
never buy amd.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Route C is a loving rollercoaster. I never thought that shooting little black orbs could tug at my soul so much.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Iretep posted:

never buy amd.

I didn't.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

SHISHKABOB posted:

THey never really explained why 2B and 9S came back after blowing up their black boxes, but the other people in 2B's squad all seem to have died for good.
Yeah they did. Covered in Route B.

Possible spoiler? Just being safe.

9S uploaded both his and 2B's info to the Bunker when 2B was fighting the Goliath and he was laying all jacked up on the roof. That way their info was saved to their backups in the Bunker. The other members of her squad never had the chance.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

RanKizama posted:

Yeah they did. Cover in Route B.

9S uploaded both his and 2B's info to the Bunker when 2B was fighting the Goliath and he was laying all jacked up on the roof. That way their info and memories were saved to their backups in the Bunker. The other members of her squad never had the chance.

pffft, at most they lost like 20 mins of progress or however long it takes for them to fly down from the bunker :v: Upload those saves Commander!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Holy gently caress balls, the Black Box Edition is over $400. I hosed up. :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

RanKizama posted:

Yeah they did. Covered in Route B.

9S uploaded both his and 2B's info to the Bunker when 2B was fighting the Goliath and he was laying all jacked up on the roof. That way their info was saved to their backups in the Bunker. The other members of her squad never had the chance.

He doesn't manage to get his uploaded though. He does hers first then apparently doesn't have enough time for his own. That's why 2B has to tell him not to call her ma'am a second time.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
nvidia driver-sama please stop loving crashing

I don't care if you recover

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

tap my mountain posted:

He doesn't manage to get his uploaded though. He does hers first then apparently doesn't have enough time for his own. That's why 2B has to tell him not to call her ma'am a second time.
Correct. Was trying to minimize spoilers.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ending A gotten. Paradoxically, I'm going to take a break because I'm too excited to charge forward into route B.

game good

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Route B being a bit tedious due to it mostly being a straight retread hides how loving genuinely great route C is.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Snak posted:

Okay... I guess I will run away from the gold enemy.

I don't know what game you're playing, but 2B is stacked...

I suppose!

I thought A2 and 2B were pretty reserved titty and rear end wise. I mean you getta check out 2B's 2Butt and all which is 💯 but they still seemed to be normal.

I'm also 6'7 so when I see chars in v games I assume they are tall like me like I thought all the androids were like 6ft but apparently only Pascal is above 6ft

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

please factor in the fact that without heels 2B is practically the same height as 9S

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

nvidia driver-sama please stop loving crashing

I don't care if you recover

Running in borderless windowed mode and turning off AA has helped me, but I still get some slowdown during cut scenes for some reason. There's a thread in the stream forum about it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

S.J. posted:

Running in borderless windowed mode and turning off AA has helped me, but I still get some slowdown during cut scenes for some reason. There's a thread in the stream forum about it.

I'll try AA, then. I noticed it was only happening in fights, so I tried effects to no dice.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Vermain posted:

This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Route B being a bit tedious due to it mostly being a straight retread hides how loving genuinely great route C is.
I got so loving tired of hacking everything. My god.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vermain posted:

route c was a great swerve after playing the first nier. wasn't expecting the way it worked at all

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So I got motivated by people looking for streams/gameplay videos that didn't have constant yelling in them and thought to myself, oh, that could be me. I'll do it. Then I died five times in the intro sequence on hard mode, spending a total of two hours on it.

I'll try again tomorrow.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I just beat the lv40 Father Servo, at like Lv18 myself. That.... took a while, but wasn't really difficult. I'm trying to initiate the next stage of the quest (the hueg bot), but i can't talk to him. Do i need a minimum level or something?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So I got motivated by people looking for streams/gameplay videos that didn't have constant yelling in them and thought to myself, oh, that could be me. I'll do it. Then I died five times in the intro sequence on hard mode, spending a total of two hours on it.

I'll try again tomorrow.

The thing that they don't really explain much that trivializes most of the Shmup segments is that your definitely-not-a-Gundam's Beam Saber (X) destroys both light and dark projectiles. Assuming you're swinging it at the right time, you can completely clear the board of incoming orbs.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Vermain posted:

The thing that they don't really explain much that trivializes most of the Shmup segments is that your definitely-not-a-Gundam's Beam Saber (X) destroys both light and dark projectiles. Assuming you're swinging it at the right time, you can completely clear the board of incoming orbs.

Oh yeah the shmup parts I dont even get hit on, my main problems are that the boss doesn't have visual indicators for perfect dodges like every other enemy/boss in the game and I either end up eating a shitload of damage to the side-swipe buzzsaw move (both miniboss and actual boss) and then 3/4 of my deaths were to the bosses one-shot move

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Vermain posted:

Any hacking wisdom? I really suck at it, stuck on a plot chest in route C, too :(

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

OddObserver posted:

Any hacking wisdom? I really suck at it, stuck on a plot chest in route C, too :(

I didn't find out until I'd nearly platted the game, but on Normal you can lock-on in hacking mode. You won't be able to lead shots with it, but it can make dodging while keeping the attack up easier.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

OddObserver posted:

1. Try to get a feeling for a strategy that lets you beat a specific hacking map and then just do that each time. You'll end up seeing the same hacking patterns over and over.
2. If you're REAL bad, aim straight in one direction and move side to side to actually kill enemies, so you don't even need to look at where enemies are, you can just stare at your little guy and make sure to dodge any bullets coming toward you

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

OddObserver posted:

Circle Strafe.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Oh yeah the shmup parts I dont even get hit on, my main problems are that the boss doesn't have visual indicators for perfect dodges like every other enemy/boss in the game and I either end up eating a shitload of damage to the side-swipe buzzsaw move (both miniboss and actual boss) and then 3/4 of my deaths were to the bosses one-shot move

In general, you're more-or-less invincible if you keep dodge spamming back-to-back. It requires some precise timing, but it works great for bosses like Hegel where there's dangerous attacks flying around or where there's few opportunities for getting an attack in.

OddObserver posted:

A lot of the higher level hacks are about figuring out your positioning ahead of time and using that to minimize incoming enemy fire. The Arcade is handy for practicing different positions on the various hacking templates. If you really get stuck, just knock the difficulty down to Easy for that specific hack, as it makes everything die in a single blast and trivializes the minigame.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

a kitten posted:

What is the Sound Waves chip for exactly. Like, i see the indicator it puts up obviously, but have no idea what the heck it's for.

There are a few areas later on that are completely dark. If you don't use your flashlight you can use the sound monitor to see how much noise you're making and thus slowly sneak up on enemies/sneak around them without alerting them. That's literally the only niche use I've found, and it's pretty dumb since the enemies aren't really that much of a threat. (Though this could facilitate hacking them for a specific boss)

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The port is the definition of mixed bag and people are getting issues across the board or not at all on similar rigs, but if you don't get those issues, the PC version is definitely best, as is the general rule of gaming.

If you're willing to pay a bit more for Steam price instead of GMG or something, I'd probably suggest getting it on Steam and refunding within the time limit if it doesn't work well for you and then getting it on PS4 instead. PS4 version is perfectly fine as a whole though.

There's a list of issues here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/600scm/nier_automata_pc_issues_megathread/

Okay, good to know thanks. I have a backlog anyway so I am sort of hoping for a steam sale anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Does the sound wave chip let you "see" the noise that certain dead androids with special items make? The one that is apparently too high pitched for some people to hear.