Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You are all awful people.

They're just looking for a better life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

They should consider immigrating to Cobrastan, then.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lurdiak posted:

When the guy came and begged to let his wife into the country even though she did not have proper clearance, I let her in. I'm not a monster.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mak0rz posted:

When the guy came and begged to let his wife into the country even though she did not have proper clearance, I let her in. I'm not a monster.

You have no dedication to your craft. Shoulda sent her packing AND him for daring to question things! Glory to Arstotzka!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

I usually don't want these kinds of things, but I think I want a "Donald Trump's America" mod for Papers Please.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm wiling to let my mother-in-law starve so that a stranger can have a better life in my glorious country.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

I usually don't want these kinds of things, but I think I want a "Donald Trump's America" mod for Papers Please.

People would play it for the wrong reasons.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

People would play it for the wrong reasons.

Sad!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Just finished my first run in Papers Please: got arrested and probably killed. :toot:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

precision posted:

I'm honestly pretty shocked it doesn't exist.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You know, I actually don't think I've gotten all the endings yet. Time for a replay!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

It would probably be too much effort for the weird cottage industry of people putting out no-effort games with Donald Trump in them for some quick irony bucks on Steam.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ImpAtom posted:

It does exist, it's called "Papers, Please"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

precision posted:

impossible as long as there's only one skin color

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Just finished my first run in Papers Please: got arrested and probably killed. :toot:

I should try for a "perfect" run someday. I never did manage to take on all my extended relatives.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Well I slept on it, and it will cost me an extra 5$ in the future, but I went ahead and picked up just Hitman: Sapienza instead of the full season. And Papers Please. That way I get a little more flex in my budget for the month, and I still get some good Hitman play in with a fun level that isn't Paris. (Although I still need to work on Paris, because I'm nowhere near done with even half of it!)

My poor, poor backlog.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I have not played Papers Please. I did play that game where you're the editor of a newspaper under an oppressive regime and you have to choose whether you should be part of the propaganda machine or help fuel the flames of the revolution. I don't remember what it was called, but I liked it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Snak posted:

I have not played Papers Please. I did play that game where you're the editor of a newspaper under an oppressive regime and you have to choose whether you should be part of the propaganda machine or help fuel the flames of the revolution. I don't remember what it was called, but I liked it.

The Republia Times?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Probably talking about The Westport Independent from another developer. They definitely share stylistic similarities!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure it was Republia Times.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I feel really bad for the people who spent a ton of money on an NES Classic, now.

It finally convinced me to get an Everdrive for the NES though, so that'll be good when it shows up randomly in a month.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

€70 is not a whole lot imo, just imo.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Just pulled a score of -85000 in Hitman thanks to killing 17 people and bungling everything I could in Saprienza...but I'm satisfied. This is a cool level I will enjoy coming back to explore. :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3a6iES_T-8

Someone make this into an indie game please.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i learned today that there was going to be a Seaman sequel on 3DS co-developed by Jellyvision/Jackbox but it was cancelled

e:
https://twitter.com/BrianLeeWow/status/843693969498230784

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 20, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/rtphokie/status/832094873108967424

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The blood makes me sad :(

It's so unnecessary for the amazing visual analogy!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Snak posted:

The blood makes me sad :(

It's so unnecessary for the amazing visual analogy!

... I didn't even notice the blood! :(

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's berry juice, from the berries they were feeding the elephants while they were in the rocket?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Growing up I had a neighbor named tony rice but that's not him

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

Well I slept on it, and it will cost me an extra 5$ in the future, but I went ahead and picked up just Hitman: Sapienza instead of the full season. And Papers Please. That way I get a little more flex in my budget for the month, and I still get some good Hitman play in with a fun level that isn't Paris. (Although I still need to work on Paris, because I'm nowhere near done with even half of it!)

My poor, poor backlog.

You can spend A LOT of time in Sapienza. I think a lot of people would agree that it's the best level so far in HITMAN. Maybe not the best story mission (though it is a good one), but the best level in layout and design.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Since y'all briefly mentioned it, I just want to chime in and say I love cook, Serve, Delicious. And even though I really don't play it, I payed for it just because how close it gets to the frantic stress of working in a restaurant. The only thing really missing is a "will to live" meter that never actually goes above 0.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

You can spend A LOT of time in Sapienza. I think a lot of people would agree that it's the best level so far in HITMAN. Maybe not the best story mission (though it is a good one), but the best level in layout and design.

It was crazy to me how much stuff was in the level after playing in Paris for so long - there's the town, there's the mansion, there's the secret base UNDER the mansion, there's the church, every building in the district has stuff in it -

Like, my god, talk about the culmination of that one guy's dream of writing a story that fully fleshed out a single city block. Here is it. And you can throw bricks at people!

Nasgate posted:

Since y'all briefly mentioned it, I just want to chime in and say I love cook, Serve, Delicious. And even though I really don't play it, I payed for it just because how close it gets to the frantic stress of working in a restaurant. The only thing really missing is a "will to live" meter that never actually goes above 0.

Please may I never have to work in the food industry amen

I love the game, though. Crazy stressful but in a focused, fun way - one of the few games that really stresses me out in a way that I enjoy. Still working on getting all of the achievements!

...but first Papers Please, because I just got that today and it's really, really fun. Today I shot someone, and I actually came here to complain about the secret society being all "you need to let someone in today" and then not telling me WHO because come ON no just anyone gets into my glorious nation!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Cook Serve Delicious 2 looks like it's going to improve so much on the formula that it's driving me nuts with anticipation.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

precision posted:

Cook Serve Delicious 2 looks like it's going to improve so much on the formula that it's driving me nuts with anticipation.

:same:

Day one purchase as soon as he drops it, no regrets

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Looks like Mass Effect is settling in the mid 70's on metacritic, which was exactly what I expected after playing the demo. It's fun and it's more Mass Effect but it's just not bringing a lot of new poo poo to the table and the writing is mediocre.

Still looking forward to loving shooting aliens of all kinds.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Let me bang the Turian as a lady or it's a no-go

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

StrixNebulosa posted:

Let me bang the Turian as a lady or it's a no-go

I have good news for you my friend.

You can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

precision posted:

I have good news for you my friend.

You can.

:woop:

• Locked thread