Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I had my switch out while waiting for my GF to finish some appointment and 2 different people asked me about it and how much I liked it. That was neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

It'd be awesome if we could get a 3D Baseball Simulator 2000. That game was freaking awesome.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Yea, and the NCAA games died because people started using their brains to connect the dots between income-generating college sports licensed products and slavery, so Madden is literally the only football game in town.

No, let's not pretend that anyone connected any dots. Ed O'Bannon (as part of a class action) sued the NCAA for using his likeness in a video game and won. It's no coincidence that all the NCAA series ended the same year that O'Bannon v. NCAA was decided.

From a video game standpoint I'm sad that NCAA Football no longer exists, but from a moral standpoint I couldn't be happier that it is gone.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Mahoning posted:

No, let's not pretend that anyone connected any dots. Ed O'Bannon (as part of a class action) sued the NCAA for using his likeness in a video game and won. It's no coincidence that all the NCAA series ended the same year that O'Bannon v. NCAA was decided.

From a video game standpoint I'm sad that NCAA Football no longer exists, but from a moral standpoint I couldn't be happier that it is gone.

If my 360 dies I'll be replacing it so I can keep busting out NCAA.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Blood Bowl on the Switch would be cool and good.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
The funniest thing about the NCAA thing is that most people don't care at all about the player likenesses. Everyone I know that ever played the games played Dynasty mode. They'd make up a custom school, recruit randomly generated high school players, and within a few simulated seasons, none of the teams in the game had any players which were actually based on real people. Most of the time they didn't even actually play the football portion, they just played it like a football program management game. I remember roommates getting together, each with a custom school, and see which one could win a national championship first (or be ranked #1 at the end of the year, I think it just was back then).

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The people I know who played Dynasty at least choose a school. But yes, even with a shared custom roster, within a few seasons everyone on the field is a rando.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The only sports game the Switch needs is Ricochet 2

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The only sports game the Switch needs is Ricochet 2

And Splatoon 2.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZjS6YMb7C4

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm beta testing the ish out of this game this weekend.

Never played the first game, so this is gonna be fresh.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

I'm beta testing the ish out of this game this weekend.

Never played the first game, so this is gonna be fresh.

Splatoon was basically an out of nowhere smash hit for Nintendo.

I want everybody who owns a Switch to consider buying Splatoon 2 because if it's anything like the original it's going to be loving amazing.

Download Testfire. Play some Splatoon. Have some fun.

Splatoon 2 + MK8 are going to live on my Switch forever :allears:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I want everybody who owns a Switch to consider buying Splatoon 2 because if it's anything like the original it's going to be loving amazing.

The changes made to the weapons have me pretty excited to try them out. Mobile chargers, y'all.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Splatoon was fun until you realized you paid $60 for three maps and even worse matchmaking

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrvZrBCR6-A

My guido heart sings whenever Kass is nearby.

Infinitum posted:

Y'all should listen to Infinitum. He is the wisest poster in this thread.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Call Me Charlie posted:

Doesn't EA still have an exclusive license to the NFL? It feels like I haven't heard anybody talk about football games in years.

I bought basically all the spworts games on ps4 this year and Madden was by far the most underwhelming. Even NHL was better with a much lower budget. They just phone it in every year since NFL sells itself.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Here's my best Zelda story... I took Link out around the eastern cliffs north of Hateno beach. I wasn't really equipped for it but I was looking for that 3 Cedars dungeon or whatever... it was a lot if really careful climbing, positioning, and gliding. I'd been maneuvering for about 30 min when I came upon some mining nodes and I lit a bomb and backed away. Well, I was just a hair closer than I thought... I flew back, tumbling and sliding, down the near-sheer cliff, losing all but half a star. I'm cursing all the way down, as death is certain. I finally am thrown into the water... "ahaha! You found me!"

Are you loving kidding me? All that crazy tumbling and I bullseyed a kelp ring on the ocean's coastline.

That's my story.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Splatoon was fun until you realized you paid $60 for three maps and even worse matchmaking

Again you're wrong and purposely bait-trolling the thread. Can you stop being a dickhead?

Here are the maps from launch + maps added afterwards
http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Maps

Splatoon had incredible post-launch support with Nintendo constantly updating it with more and more maps and weapons.

Matchmaking was perfectly fine as well. Goons organised fairly well to team up with one another and had a blast playing it.

Splatoon was one of the best games you could own for the WiiU, and it's going to be one of the best games you can own on the Switch.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Feenix posted:

Here's my best Zelda story... I took Link out around the eastern cliffs north of Hateno beach. I wasn't really equipped for it but I was looking for that 3 Cedars dungeon or whatever... it was a lot if really careful climbing, positioning, and gliding. I'd been maneuvering for about 30 min when I came upon some mining nodes and I lit a bomb and backed away. Well, I was just a hair closer than I thought... I flew back, tumbling and sliding, down the near-sheer cliff, losing all but half a star. I'm cursing all the way down, as death is certain. I finally am thrown into the water... "ahaha! You found me!"

Are you loving kidding me? All that crazy tumbling and I bullseyed a kelp ring on the ocean's coastline.

That's my story.

Owns.

Pursuing that quest is how I learned about the existence of one of the game's most frightening enemies, at wayyyyy too low a "level" to deal with it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Infinitum posted:

Again you're wrong and purposely bait-trolling the thread. Can you stop being a dickhead?

Splatoon had incredible post-launch support with Nintendo constantly updating it with more and more maps and weapons.

Matchmaking was perfectly fine as well. Goons organised fairly well to team up with one another and had a blast playing it.

Splatoon was one of the best games you could own for the WiiU, and it's going to be one of the best games you can own on the Switch.

Looks like 3 maps to me :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

iajanus posted:

Looks like 3 maps to me :colbert:

Look again :colbert:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

guys, what adapters do I need to order to use my atari lynx power supply with my switch

a man said he's going to kill my entire family if use the power supply that comes in the box

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I put my switch into the holder numerous times without any scratches on the screen what am I doing wrong

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

you're not slamming it hard enough, it took me at least a dozen tries to get some quarter inch fine scratches on the very edge of the bezel

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Can this poo poo just be banned to stop tricking less informed people? Save us all some time?

Splatoon is great and I plan on going to Madison WI just to hang out and play it with pals.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Infinitum posted:

do you know what matchmaking means

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The problem with Splatoon's matchmaking is that people would get bodied and outclassed and would blame matchmaking.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

HyperPuma posted:

do you know what matchmaking means

Going with yes

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh wow five maps you sure got me lmbo

I liked splatoon but let's not pretend it was worth the money at launch

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Oh wow a 40% difference, lemme just move these goalposts.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nah it was fun even for that one week people keep pretending was the state of the game for a long time.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

It was worth so much more to give me a team based shooter that didn't feel like I was playing a cover shooter or a COD wannabe.
It was very Fresh

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if wel get the squid mini game still

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wonder if wel get the squid mini game still

Probably not, RIP Wii U Gamepad.

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
Help, I can't find a Switch in stock within a 100 mile radius :(

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I actually DID have a super bizarre problem with the audio on the switch when I docked it. Nothing on the Switch seemed to fix it, from undocking/redocking it to playing with settings, etc.

But turning my AV receiver on and off did. But it was only the Switch channel with the horrible digital chime sounds.

Anyways, my question is, I have been playing for 45 hours straight and my console is at 1% battery. Should I shoot the person saying they're not a clone on the left, or should I shoot the person saying they're not a clone on the right?

Note: I am in a Freaky Friday situation with my Dad and the big school dance is tomorrow and if I don't get this right the bully's evil father will tear down the at risk teen youth community center where our no nonsense teacher taught our rough around the edges angry students the meaning of self respect and the importance of the power of knowledge through the art of underground dance battling.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I actually DID have a super bizarre problem with the audio on the switch when I docked it. Nothing on the Switch seemed to fix it, from undocking/redocking it to playing with settings, etc.

But turning my AV receiver on and off did. But it was only the Switch channel with the horrible digital chime sounds.

Anyways, my question is, I have been playing for 45 hours straight and my console is at 1% battery. Should I shoot the person saying they're not a clone on the left, or should I shoot the person saying they're not a clone on the right?

Note: I am in a Freaky Friday situation with my Dad and the big school dance is tomorrow and if I don't get this right the bully's evil father will tear down the at risk teen youth community center where our no nonsense teacher taught our rough around the edges angry students the meaning of self respect and the importance of the power of knowledge through the art of underground dance battling.

Shoot both just to be sure

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So I never got a Wii U but Splatoon does look awesome. Done some reading on it but what makes this super fun compared to any other shooter?

I read a lot about the map covering ectoplasm mode but I guess there's other modes too? Just want a goon opinion here from some of you high energy folks so I can get more hyped up for Spla2n.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It doesn't require skill and you don't have to kill people to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Fischer price of shooters, it rewards existing instead of skill.

• Locked thread