Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Whew that apoc fight was a bit of a slog, not too difficult though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Did an impulse pull because my FF2 synergy could use some work and my 3-year-old son saw me looking at the banner and said "push the button?"

Got Gordon's SSB and Maria's OSB! My first OSB and it's got a loving awesone name. Good call m'boy

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I had to S/L for the Ultimate Borgan fight and I accidentally hit cancel instead of OK. 60 stamina I could have spent on orbs :negative:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Threw a dollar at the second banner, it gave me Gordon's Flame Shield.

Made an 11-pull on it, went 1/11.

Got Maria's Burst. :getin:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Dollar pull on banner 2: KERPLODE XXXII

as an aside goddamn there is like no one that can equip a magic bow worth a poo poo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just did a 50 because I have literally no II relics.

Now I don't feel so bad about losing 60 stamina.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Like 2 months of nothing on the buckos . I deserved this.

Chair In A Basket fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 20, 2017

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
FINALLY got a good 100 gem pull!

And finally a mage BSB! Now I don't have to pull on this banner, so 50 more mythril for me!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I think I read somewhere her mage BSB is one of the best, so grats :neckbeard:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Servaetes posted:

Dollar pull on banner 2: KERPLODE XXXII

as an aside goddamn there is like no one that can equip a magic bow worth a poo poo

Ashe is probably the only one who can take advantage of it well who you might occasionally use, and it's a decent weapon for Yuffie/Thancred for magic. Only other people who can really benefit is Serah (who if you're using probably has a bow already, Echo (if used, probably being used as the only FF1 Support and her MAG stat won't matter much) and Arc (and only if you're using him as a Summoner).

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

victrix posted:

It's second to like, Cid Raines and Alphinaud BSBs, and that's about it right now

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Did a second pull on FF2 banner 1 because I wanted another shot at getting Firion OSB/BSB or Emperor BSB.

4/11: Firion OSB, Emperor SSB (dupe but at least +dark), Leila SSB (dupe), Ricard SSB (eh?)

It was a dumb move, but I've got an enHoly into Holy OSB for my physical team now, and Firion should be a good complement to my Agrias. Would have been better to get the BSB, but oh well!

Now I just have to focus on the Lucky Draws, pulling for Setzer (and I'd be happy with Locke/Edgar as well), and I should still have enough mythril for the anniversary. Just have to keep mining the mythril out of all these realm dungeons I've got left.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

victrix posted:

It owns. If you get your magic high enough command 1 can deal like 60k. It's also has en-earth, so it combos well with Kerplode if you manage to get both relics (like I did :kamina:)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I have 250ish mythril at this point, and while I have a vast array of top tier relics, I do not have a single ff2 relic to my name except for hand of the emperor. is it worth it for me to roll them bones on a banner, and if yes which will give me more bang for my buck?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
where are the festival banners, DeNA

where

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Cowcaster posted:

I have 250ish mythril at this point, and while I have a vast array of top tier relics, I do not have a single ff2 relic to my name except for hand of the emperor. is it worth it for me to roll them bones on a banner, and if yes which will give me more bang for my buck?
Do you have plans to do the FF2 Torment CM? If yes, banner 2 is probably better for CM survivability because it's got gordon stuff and minwu stuff on it, even though it's a worse banner overall.

If you don't plan to do the FF2 Torment CM, hahahahaha fuuuuuuuck that, don't pull. FF2 isn't coming up again for the foreseeable future (there hasn't been an FF2 event since this one even in JP) so other than the torment the synergy is irrelevant.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

Banner 2 has more weapons on it, a medica and some solid support options. I'd go for that

EDIT: If you have the means to take advantage of it, banner 2 has half of the available Earth-Imperils in the game :v:

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 20, 2017

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Nihilarian posted:

(Maria BSB)'s second to like, Cid Raines and Alphinaud BSBs, and that's about it right now
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5oub38/an_indepth_quantitative_analysis_of_mage_bsbs/ has Maria/Papalymo/Edea right under Raines until the MAG numbers and buff amounts get above the caps, which is where OK+Alphinaud's instant commands overtake them

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

victrix posted:

Thanks! Super excited!

pichupal posted:

Ashe is probably the only one who can take advantage of it well who you might occasionally use, and it's a decent weapon for Yuffie/Thancred for magic. Only other people who can really benefit is Serah (who if you're using probably has a bow already, Echo (if used, probably being used as the only FF1 Support and her MAG stat won't matter much) and Arc (and only if you're using him as a Summoner).

Don't forget Onion Knight, if you manage to get his BSB (or even magic SSB, I guess). I have her OSB on him in JP all the time.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Do you have plans to do the FF2 Torment CM? If yes, banner 2 is probably better for CM survivability because it's got gordon stuff and minwu stuff on it, even though it's a worse banner overall.

If you don't plan to do the FF2 Torment CM, hahahahaha fuuuuuuuck that, don't pull. FF2 isn't coming up again for the foreseeable future (there hasn't been an FF2 event since this one even in JP) so other than the torment the synergy is irrelevant.

ok, forget that pull then!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

there hasn't been an FF2 event since this one even in JP

Lol, makes me feel better for ignoring it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Schwartzcough posted:

Thanks! Super excited!

Don't forget Onion Knight, if you manage to get his BSB (or even magic SSB, I guess). I have her OSB on him in JP all the time.

He always slips my mind when I look up Equipment stuff since I see a line of Equippable Items and think it's just Tyro.

I'd probably remember him more often if I got one of his SBs :v:. Sorta wish the SSB on the Free Anniversary Banner was the Medica instead of the Wall Break, just to have a Medica option if I wanted Y'shtola to use Wall or Selphie's Faithga BSB or something.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Aphmau
White Magic 5/Summoning 5/Monk 3
Dagger/Fist/Rod/Staff
Hat/Light Armor/Robe/Bracer

Zeid
Black Magic 3/Spellblade 3/Combat 5/Darkness 5
Dagger/Sword/Axe
Shield/Hat/Helm/Light Armor/Heavy Armor/Bracer

Curilla's USB puts up the buffs
(+30% ATK/MAG/DEF, Radiant Shield)
Aphmau's USB makes your puppets dance
(instant cast Curaga medica, Hastega, and Instant Cast 1 to everyone)
Aphmau's BSB calls upon puppet pals to do some offensive healing
(Cura medica, +30% MAG/MND entry, command 1 is a Cura heal that toggles her summon mode on/off, command 2 is a Cure medica, both get enhanced with lightning/ne attacks if summon mode's up)
Aphmau's SSB gets a defense going
(Party Debuff Barrier (Astra) and High Regen)
Zeid's BSB wails on suckers
(8 Dark/NE ST hits, 100% stun and EnDark, command 1 hits 4(5 on weakness) times, command 2 is a 2-hit AOE Dark Bargain)
Zeid's SSB has him do a bit of impromptu ice sculpting
(8 Dark/Ice ST hits, multiplier goes up with lower HP, 40% max HP self-heal)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hogama posted:

Aphmau
White Magic 5/Summoning 5/Monk 3

That's the second dedicated mage with Monk 3 we've gotten, after Shantotto. :psyduck: I figure it's just for flavor, but what does that skillset even add to a caster? Chakra, I guess? Except Aphmau is a white mage so just pack Curaja.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

KataraniSword posted:

That's the second dedicated mage with Monk 3 we've gotten, after Shantotto. :psyduck: I figure it's just for flavor, but what does that skillset even add to a caster? Chakra, I guess? Except Aphmau is a white mage so just pack Curaja.

Raines!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Raines can monk.

Please do not monk with Raines :shepface:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
There's also Vayne, but at least he can go physical if he wants to.

Finally cleared the II CM. That was very painful to go through, a nice reminder why it's my least favourite realm. Even with Raines RW providing all the damage, I needed quite a few RNG to avoid Slow, or back-to-back Starfalls, or random physicals felling Emperor.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
The monk skills for Aphmau are a reference to her being a PUP (which is basically monk as a pet class). At first I assumed that they would go full monk for her but the mage route makes more sense considering her automatons use the white and black mage frames.

And her getting Astra(l candy) on a soul break could be another reference or a sign that my brain is still broke from my FFXI years.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

ApplesandOranges posted:

There's also Vayne, but at least he can go physical if he wants to.

Finally cleared the II CM. That was very painful to go through, a nice reminder why it's my least favourite realm. Even with Raines RW providing all the damage, I needed quite a few RNG to avoid Slow, or back-to-back Starfalls, or random physicals felling Emperor.

Ugh yeah it was irritating. At least CMs in that realm are over for quite some time.

On the other hand it felt cool to deliberately ignore exploiting the dark weakness on the U++ and still get mastery.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 20, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The animation for Kerplode XXXII is as hilarious as its name.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone convince not to pull on these banners. You can also tell which of the two banners is the better one.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bah, suddenly I can't log in to this game.

"Your Google account or this app is not authorized by Google Play Service."

The hell, anyone else getting this error?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

U-DO Burger posted:

Bah, suddenly I can't log in to this game.

"Your Google account or this app is not authorized by Google Play Service."

The hell, anyone else getting this error?

It happens all the time. Just wait a while.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Normally it doesn't shut me out this long, it's been a few hours for me.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Electric Phantasm posted:

Someone convince not to pull on these banners. You can also tell which of the two banners is the better one.

Banner 1 has a David Bowie impersonator, which while not as powerful as the Elvis impersonator in XIII, has much better style.
Banner 2 has actual useful things if you need to do the Torment dungeon.

I spent 100 mythril on Banner 1 and ignored Banner 2 because I make bad decisions. But my Dark team is looking fabulous

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

OneTwentySix posted:

Normally it doesn't shut me out this long, it's been a few hours for me.

I'm getting this too, though it started about an hour ago for me.

Edit: I kinda feel bad for ignoring the orbfest, but half price dungeons is exactly what I need to get over this hump. I'm super far behind, and half of the stuff I need to do is from before the stamina consolidation. So everything is normally 80-100 stamina an elite stage. Knocking those out faster will let me pretend to play catchup I guess.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 20, 2017

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Sure would like to spend some more stamina on orbfest but it looks like the game has been broken for hours...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The FF2 U++ is pretty fun, it's kind of the opposite of a dps race because if you push him too hard you'll get super hosed. On the other hand, if you can bring an Mblink you can just ignore the scripted Holy XVI and Starfall XVI and beat him down fast, especially if you can also bring Raines' BSB.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Randabis posted:

Sure would like to spend some more stamina on orbfest but it looks like the game has been broken for hours...

mines fine but hopefully u get some boo boo mythril

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

We've already seen five different people get it in the Discord, so it is possible, especially since it's happening during Orbfest. I'd keep an eye on Reddit for any threads referencing it and maybe send an e-mail to support complaining.

• Locked thread