Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I bet the episode ends with them seeing Negan and taking the show (and immediately cutting to black).

Next episode begins with Negan holding Lucille, which took the bullet again.

I'd actually laugh pretty hard if that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Haha, holy poo poo Eugene's radio transmission had to be partially adlibbed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: Eugene taking over the walkie hahahaahahahabahah

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Well that wasn't an obvious outcome or anything

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

ElectricSheep posted:

Well that wasn't an obvious outcome or anything

I thought it was going to be the reverse, honestly. Rosita sacrificing herself.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Based on the scene where Sasha wants to play it safe with where she takes the shot from, Sasha probably wouldn't get killed except on a season finale battlefield if it weren't for Rosita's plot contrivances that possibly have their roots in writing out Sasha's actress. Running headlong and it suddenly being over was a little anticlimactic but realistic and completely in line with how pointless I'd been expecting this escapade to be for the past 7 episodes.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 20, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait nick frost is in Into the Badlands? :wtc:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Rosita has to stay alive in till she gets her head cut off and put on a spike. Black lady character is some made up character that has the most chances to die now.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 28, 2017

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

Svanja posted:

I thought it was going to be the reverse, honestly. Rosita sacrificing herself.

tbh it's harder and harder today to tune out extraneous casting info, like Sasha being cast in the upcoming Star Trek show or Heath "disappearing" to star in 24, and not let that have implications on the outcome of the season

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Remember when Norman Reedus was cast in something and everyone thought he was the one who was going to bite it the beginning of the season?

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

bobjr posted:

Remember when Norman Reedus was cast in something and everyone thought he was the one who was going to bite it the beginning of the season?

I think it's different for Sacha. Norman Reedus was on a motorcycle show on AMC during TWD's downtime. The actress who plays Sacha will be the main character on a show on a completely different network. 100% sure she's going to die at some point in the next 2 eps

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
They do realize that they can just wait until next time they see Negan, right? He comes outside pretty often and the whole mythos of snipers is waiting for a long time for the right shot

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Caper posted:

I think it's different for Sacha. Norman Reedus was on a motorcycle show on AMC during TWD's downtime. The actress who plays Sacha will be the main character on a show on a completely different network. 100% sure she's going to die at some point in the next 2 eps

Someone mentioned Holly earlier and judging by her death I'd guess that's what will happen to Sasha in the finale. Got nothing to back it up with but idle speculation.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"I must go now. Star Trek Discovery needs me"

SASHA DIED ON HER WAY TO STAR TREK DISCOVERY

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I remember a couple seasons ago you'd get like 150 posts minimum for a new episode, now it's like 30.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

TOOT BOOT posted:

I remember a couple seasons ago you'd get like 150 posts minimum for a new episode, now it's like 30.

Was there anything to even talk about? I've seen this poo poo for like 7 years now, it's the same boring poo poo.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

TOOT BOOT posted:

Heh yeah...

Speaking of behind scenes stuff.... there has got to be rumours going around about the steep audience drop off. Has AMC been giving them a year to year extension or is there a multi year contract? I hear NOBODY talking about this show nowadays. Odd as there were still some talking about it last season. I know tv ratings are bollocks but surely there has got to be a way to measure the amount of people watching this show as compared to years ago. Just mainly curious as to what AMC will look at and how much longer this show can go on without generating the interest it once had.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

JossiRossi posted:

Sasha about to crack what Walkers is code for on that map!

Seriously, how does a show end up being done by people that have so clearly never had to puzzle anything out on paper ever

How do they even find jobs

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I feel like people would hate Rosita and Sasha less if they both just admitted in their dialogue that they're suicidal. But Sasha went through that plot already which means she's 'cured.'

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

I'm not going to stop hating Rosita until she both extends that babby scar and hardens the gently caress up, or dies, whichever happens first.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TOOT BOOT posted:

What the gently caress was there to talk about this episode? This show has made an art out of making every single scene last way longer than it needs to. It's gotten to the point where everything takes so long, almost nothing actually happens

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

They do realize that they can just wait until next time they see Negan, right? He comes outside pretty often and the whole mythos of snipers is waiting for a long time for the right shot

poo poo, we didn't get the shot after being here an hour! Better go in.

lol Sasha took their only rifle, too.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shneak posted:

I feel like people would hate Rosita and Sasha less if they both just admitted in their dialogue that they're suicidal. But Sasha went through that plot already which means she's 'cured.'

My God that episode was filllllllllllllller

And holy poo poo, I liked Rosita but she is now dumb as gently caress (seriously, did she get defeated by Sasha fixing a fence right in loving front of her?), and both of them are so.. loving.. stupid. Nothing about their plan made sense. I mean Carl's plan was dumb but I still hold that they've doubled down and are just face-palmingly gently caress-you levels of stupid now. It's ironic since Sasha's finally showing a little personality beyond scowly McScowlton so I'm pretty sure she's dead as doornails.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Von_Doom posted:

Heh yeah...

Speaking of behind scenes stuff.... there has got to be rumours going around about the steep audience drop off. Has AMC been giving them a year to year extension or is there a multi year contract? I hear NOBODY talking about this show nowadays. Odd as there were still some talking about it last season. I know tv ratings are bollocks but surely there has got to be a way to measure the amount of people watching this show as compared to years ago. Just mainly curious as to what AMC will look at and how much longer this show can go on without generating the interest it once had.

Yeah. How the gently caress Fear is still around when it makes WD look like a masterpiece is beyond me.

But seriously, the show is just lame as poo poo now. It should be a 6-8 episode season show, it cannot sustain anything longer.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DarklyDreaming posted:

Negan doesn't have people watching the building right next to his home base?

Of course not

You see, they established he's watching all the ways in and out with a perfect vantage point, with explosives on the roads and snipers in the windows

Yet people can walk up to Negan's complex and move inside, then walk around, then walk outside and away without getting caught over and over and over. Not only that, but the whole metal zombie fence thing they keep making a big deal of never stops anyone. Ever.

Basically it is the narrative equivalent of having the characters go to the Death Star, sneak in, and sneak out 5 or 6 times in the same movie. It makes the whole thing look loving pathetic.

ED: I'm not a die hard 'my realism' guy with the tactics poo poo but even by lovely action movie standards these people are loving terrible. Like literally I think Arnold would have a harder time breaking into the compound of his arch rival in any action movie, realism be damned. This goes kind of beyond that.

ED: Oh yeah Daryl also straight up drove away from the place after beating the poo poo out of the guard in broad daylight. It's a fortress, I tell you... I don't know what's worse the fact they keep teasing these assassination plots that can't work or the fact they SHOULD work because their whole security is poo poo

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 20, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
This episode marked the first time I got frustrated enough with the "two people stare at each other and whisper about meaningless poo poo" scenes to fast forward through it. That Sasha and Rosita conversation was so tedious to sit through. Just go loving do something already we get it you're buddies now.

Their plan was ridiculously stupid anyway even before Sasha decided to "save" Rosita. Do they not realize Negan is going to head straight back home to punish them and possibly sabotage the big resistance they are preparing for?

Only good part was Eugene on the radio.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Whelp thi nis the first episode in forever where I was on my laptop the entire tine. I looked up ablnd saw Sasha run inside the Saviors HQ. Missed everything else. :lol:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the gently caress was there to talk about this episode? This show has made an art out of making every single scene last way longer than it needs to. It's gotten to the point where everything takes so long, almost nothing actually happens

The "i am here because I need your help" scene was superfluous and they pretty much already had the conversation a week ago. I watch DVRed, so at the beginning I get "next time on the walking dead", "next on the walking dead", followed up by "previously on the walking dead" and then a scene of something we have already seen play out between two unlikeable characters with the camera lingering waaaaaaayyyy long after the dialogue.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

nooneofconsequence posted:

poo poo, we didn't get the shot after being here an hour! Better go in.

They got there an hour before, learned knots, saw Eugene, had a lengthy soul searching discussion, all in the time it took for the people in vehicles to make it there from hilltop. :psyduck:

edit: so yeah, way too long to wait for the perfect shot.

edit 2. Negan did not do the lean this episode. At least it had that going for it. His henchmen are ludicrouly better bad guys than neegan himself.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 20, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Giving up so quickly on sniping Negan from a safe distance is the most Walking Dead character choice we've seen in a while.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I'm sure after some intruder kills 3 guards near the main building and goes missing that Negan will be completely unguarded and unaware of an impending threat

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I can't take the shot, he keeps leaning!!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I fell asleep in the middle of the episode and woke up towards the end and literally felt like I didn't miss anything

Gooooooooooood I hope Sasha gets murderized and returned as a walker with a bag over her head like in the comics. But that won't be until the half season closer of s08, probably, ugh

That opening montage was as bad, if not worse than, Rick and Michonne's sexcapade van montage

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gonna need GIF's of Trevor's face.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

moist turtleneck posted:

I can't take the shot, he keeps leaning!!

He's like Neo.

Request for a gif that replaces Keanu's face with Neegan's as he dodges bullets.
(or vice versa)

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I don't understand what they were trying to convey in the opening scene. They were drawing a map, and each person was taking a turn with what they remembered of the compound? It was so ridiculously overwrought, it was a little hard to watch.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny Truant posted:

I fell asleep in the middle of the episode and woke up towards the end and literally felt like I didn't miss anything

Gooooooooooood I hope Sasha gets murderized and returned as a walker with a bag over her head like in the comics. But that won't be until the half season closer of s08, probably, ugh

Oh that would be awesome. They could also use a captured Sasha to show that Negan is 100% against rape.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Their plan was ridiculously stupid anyway even before Sasha decided to "save" Rosita. Do they not realize Negan is going to head straight back home to punish them and possibly sabotage the big resistance they are preparing for?

Well that would happen whether they killed him or not. It's not like the Saviors are just going to disband and stop living the good life if Negan dies. If Negan survives he makes an example of them, if he dies Trevor or someone else takes over and makes an example of them. Their plan makes no sense and only serves to get Sasha captured by the Saviors so they can

Johnny Truant posted:

Sasha gets murderized and returned as a walker with a bag over her head like in the comics. But that won't be until the half season closer of s08, probably, ugh

I bet this will lead into how Rosita dies too.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
So....TWO BAGS?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I've been assuming Rosita was the one who was going to get it since the actress is pregnant. Seems like good timing, you get killed off your very physical TV show on which you are a regular, go get yourself pregnant. Sasha being on a new show is an interesting twist and actually creates a little dramatic tension. Now I am genuinely curious what's going to be happen to those two crazy kids.