Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

a.lo posted:

Guys want Link too, you know

believe me, i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Augus posted:

So is the implication of the ending that Ganon is gone for good? Zelda says in the last phase that he's given up on reincarnation and revealed his true essence or something like that

In the true end she says he's gone "for now." I interpreted that part during the fight as Ganon had spent the last 100 years trying to create a new body and ended up with a lovely half-formed centipede-guardian thing because Zelda was preventing his "birth". So after that failed he gave up on the reincarnation plan and just reverted to Demise Beast form.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The zora redesign is good as gently caress. These are some pretty fishes

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I've found myself relying on fire arrows/flame lit arrows to set fires almost exclusively after how often alternate means don't do anything except cause a patch of fire effect and then not actually burn an object.

Hmm, maybe I'm supposed to burn these. There are like five goddamned spare torches in the room. Three lit torches thrown at banners later. it's not burning. I guess it doesn't burn then... Oh look, fire arrows burn it and it was hiding the required path...

An obvious Korok hiding spot surrounded by thorns? Well I've got this handy flame spear! Stab stab stab, there, a nice patch of fire inside the thorns and surrounding grass... That just goes out accomplishing nothing. Maybe these thorns don't burn?... Oh look, fire arrows burnt them.

And so on. At least throwing my torch to light another torch worked in the blue flame related puzzle though. But usually anything but direct torch swings or burning arrows just decides it doesn't actually want to burn stuff for me (I'm sure if I wasn't using up all my fire/meteor rods in combat for giggles ASAP, those would work).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 20, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think it's just Zelda hedging her bets. She doesn't want Hyrule to let its guard down.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

The zora redesign is good as gently caress. These are some pretty fishes

Zelda Breath of the Wild: "Would you smooch a shark?"

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Oxxidation posted:

Zelda Breath of the Wild: "Would you smooch a shark?"

A. Heck yeah B. Heck yeah
C. Heck yeah D. Heck yeah

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Gerudo are awesome in this game. They literally have 8-packs. I counted.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wanna like the Gerudo but them all wearing high heels is just ridiculous when they live in a desert.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DoctorWhat posted:

I think it's just Zelda hedging her bets. She doesn't want Hyrule to let its guard down.

To be fair, Ganon's supposed to be super dead at the end of the original Legend of Zelda too but Link's blood revives him in Link's Adventure soooo

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

parallelodad posted:

That's done with switches, not motion control.

Or to be more accurate that's done with fire arrows.

There's more than one torch cube puzzle.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sorry I know it was like, fifty pages ago but people were saying there were no Majora's Mask shoutouts in the game but BotW has areas named after people/places in literally every Zelda game, off the top of my head the areas around Zora's Domain are named after the Zora in MM: Toto, Mikau, and Lulu. I wasn't sure if that was a given but I wanted to point it out! Also the islands that you cross before hitting up the Zora area are named after the islands in Phantom Hourglass. Anyway pretty much every area is a reference to something and one of the things I really like about this game.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I apologise if this has been posted previously, but I'm about 65 pages behind on this thread. Long story short is that, if you are an Amiibo user like me, it turns out that Amiibo content is gated behind in-game progression.

I had been trying endlessly for far too long to get some of the rare Amiibo drops to hang on the wall in my in-game house. At first I thought that the drop rate was just ludicrously rare, but after many hours I started to wonder if it was even possible. After some searching on the matter I found this post that twigged me to the fact that some items are locked behind content in order to ostensibly keep people from totally breaking the early game. Reading the linked charts and noticing that I had never seen any of the items listed under "free one Divine Beast" made me very suspicious.

Content spoiler: I had not done any of the Divine Beasts and I went to Zora land after discovering this and did the elephant dungeon. After doing so, I immediately started getting drops I had not seen before, including the Amiibo-only drops like the Sword of Six Sages and so on. I just wanted to let people know in case anyone else was in the same position, as I have seen other forums where people were talking about scanning over and over for hours and not getting the big prizes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i wonder if not being able to get the special weapons gives me a better chance of getting the armor..

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So what's with these Hinox bone spots throughout the world? I've found a couple and I know the Stalnox is a thing (I fought one in I think, Hebra), but even going there at night, they're just a pile of bones.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can I sell some gems or are they going to be needed for crafting later?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ometeotl posted:

So what's with these Hinox bone spots throughout the world? I've found a couple and I know the Stalnox is a thing (I fought one in I think, Hebra), but even going there at night, they're just a pile of bones.

They're generally active at night when you get close to them.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I've killed two divine beast and done 96 shrines. I'm gonna have to get creative looking for these shrine after I clear the gerudo area and Goran area

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

veni veni veni posted:

Yes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

veni veni veni posted:

You can safely sell all but diamonds.
Even luminous stones are very common.

Tag where giant rock monsters are and do a killing circuit every blood moon. Explore the hell out of Death Mountain.
The far north of the map has a huge amount of minerals.
They all recharge, as well.

Edit: You can convert 10 luminous to 1 diamond as well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sweet.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
holy gently caress there's actually an npc named Mayro.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Also, at endgame most groups of enemies will have at least one silver leader. Silver enemies always drop gems.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

These marble mazes are like some sort of sadistic joke

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm sure it's been asked a dozen times but is Eventide a massive heap of bullshit unfair assholery? Died twice far into it so far and am GETTING PRETTY PISSED OVER HERE

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I kinda wish there were some Amiibo unlocks for things like a Roc's Feather skin for the Paraglider or the LttP Master Sword energy sword shooting noise for the Master Sword. Just gently caress the game up with nostalgia and I'd buy one.

I'm just thinking how much money Nintendo could make if they had something stupid like "scan 5 unique Link amiibos to change Link's model into Tingle".

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Louisgod posted:

I'm sure it's been asked a dozen times but is Eventide a massive heap of bullshit unfair assholery? Died twice far into it so far and am GETTING PRETTY PISSED OVER HERE

If you are not already later in the game, save it for later in the game when you have more hearts to play with and more super powers that don't get taken away from you.

Then pray there isn't several thunderstorms extinguishing all the cooking pots in a row followed by a blood moon while walking past where the Hinox used to be while carrying a sphere :v:

All that said, if you want a Tips and Tricks method for a leg up I've read that Items you hurl onto the island via magnets or hand before getting close enough to trigger your equipment theft, will remain there for you to pick right back up. But it will also erase those items once you beat the place and it returns your stuff

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Louisgod posted:

Nope! Up your survival game bro.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Eventide taught me the real way to take down Hinox, get above them, jump off something, and then use the time freeze on the archery to guarantee the eyeball hit.

I wound up waiting on Eventide until after I had a lot of hearts. Once you can take three hits or so then it's very doable. Here's my technique if you want to follow it:

First collect food inland, especially the truffles and durians. Then head along the beach to the peak there, wipe out the group at the top and then cook all your food. Nothing fancy, just one item in the pot for the healing items and three of the same items in the pot for stat boosters. Okay, now you're not going to die and you likely have about eight to ten arrows if you collected the ones they were shooting at you. So push the boulders down the hill to attack the Hinox and make it come to you. You can throw explosive barrels at his head but when he gets close jump off the cliff and snipe that eye. Use an attack boost and your best weapon (probably a boat oar at this point since there's two on the beach), and start pounding him. Once he gets up, lure him away from the hill and then get back up it.

With the Hinox dead there's two groups of enemies left. The guys high up have a moblin so they're probably the best next target. Use your bombs to break up the groups and pick the enemies off. Defeating this group gets you some okay gear and then the last group is a push over.

A few more tips, don't use your good weapons. Use sticks and boko spears on the red guys. Use up those bad weapons so that when you face down the real threats you can break out the metal. You should have eight or nine full heals if you collected things diligently (the crates make the number a bit random) so use them. And use your buffs.

Eventide isn't easy and if you try to do it with less than six hearts then you're essentially playing with one hit kills the whole time you're there. There's nothing wrong with coming back once you're stronger.

Section Z posted:

Then pray there isn't several thunderstorms extinguishing all the cooking pots in a row followed by a blood moon while walking past where the Hinox used to be while carrying a sphere :v:

I had a thunderstorm kill the mountain group for me. As soon as they started sparking I took off. :shopkeeper:

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 20, 2017

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
^ thanks! Much more involved than I've gotten so far but I'll cherrypick some of that stuff

Section Z posted:

If you are not already later in the game, save it for later in the game when you have more hearts to play with and more super powers that don't get taken away from you.

I'm still way early all things considered, just can't figure out the Hinox or how to remove the metal plate on the platform on the hill. Any tips?

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 20, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I was really disappointed when I baited lighting to strike a Hynox and it only did like 1 point of damage.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Louisgod posted:

^ thanks! Much more involved than I've gotten so far but I'll cherrypick some of that stuff

I'm still way early all things considered, just can't figure out the Hinox or how to remove the metal plate on the platform on the hill. Any tips?

Kite down from the mountain, grab the orb and throw it, then run like hell. Sneak back and grab the orb when he's asleep again.

Stasis works on plates.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The proper way to deal with any Hinox with an orb is to glide onto him, pick up the orb, and just run. Avoid battle. Just steal it, and then bolt while Yakkety Sax plays in your head.

E: ^ This guy gets it!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Eventide rules because it's a massive puzzle with tons of different solutions. If you are careful and patient there are safe ways to deal with all your threats.

My favorite part of my experience: Getting the orb to the tiny island slot. I didn't think of the obvious solution of Cryonis because I'd seen the raft earlier and it stuck in my head as what I needed to use. But I also didn't think of just bringing it over to use as a bridge. Instead I was hell bent on sailing it and the orb over together. I soon realized that the orb would not stay on the raft as it moved. However I found a solution- by putting the orb in front of the raft I could push it along. It worked perfectly! Nothing could go wrong!

But just as we neared our goal, a gust of Actual Wind grabbed the raft and me and the orb were launched way past the island out to sea. We immediately hit the barrier and I was asked if I was giving up. I said no and was put back on shore, but without orb or raft. Both were now beyond the barrier and I couldn't swim to them.

I almost despaired, but after a few minutes devised a genius plan. By creating Cryonis pillars so that the orb was right on the edge and then destroying them I could slowly but steadily manipulate its physics to move it toward me until I could reach it. I finally triumphed using the very means I should've thought of from the beginning.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Louisgod posted:

Do yourself a favor:
Cryosis over so you can save just before the dialogue.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Edit: beaten twice, but yeah you don't need to fight the hinox, it's way more hilarious not to anyway.

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 20, 2017

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I swear to god cryonis is that one ability I never use, and then get stumped when a puzzle comes up involving it. I just stand there like an idiot wondering why I can't solve something simple.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Re: Hinox: I did the hover down to get the orb method several times but kept dying to other things on the island. Eventually I saved him for last. On that run, I couldn't get the orb to fall off him. I would get down, try to get the orb off but he'd stand up with it still around his neck. I reset him a few times until I got tired of trying that. I aggro'd him and climbed that hill that leads to the bokos and the moblin. I sat on a ledge here and basically shot arrows at his eye until i ran out. Then I threw all of my weapons at him. Then I alternated dropping round and cube bombs at him until he died. The orb fell off halfway through but I wanted him dead.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Calaveron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7lfMgFO-o
Uh I swear I'm not biased at all but the latin american dub is a million times better than the English one it's not even close

I recognize most of these voices from different TV dubs. There really aren't that many latinamerican dubbing companies it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game definetly nails the sense of "going on an adventure" that every RPG is striving for better than just about anything I have played.