Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Space Crabs posted:

"He's a Deader?"

Is that some kind of 1920s lingo like when Spiderman was talking about Jameson's "Monthly Tariff" on his property?

Yes. Not sure about '20s in particular, but it is dated parlance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so is parlance

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Manatee Cannon posted:

so is parlance

Why do you think I used it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hoisted by my own petard...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Groklong, granxsads.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So SM knows he just murdered Ronan but is going along for deniability sake.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

So SM knows he just murdered Ronan but is going along for deniability sake.
and is leaving MJ at the scene to take the fall. Everything's coming up Pete!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Alas, they're far too late. Albuquerque has been thoroughly shroomed.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
There's not a parked car nor working street light in sight in the city's only street.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MJ you have a captive audience, rehearse your stageplay performance in front of Ronan's corpsehibernating body.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

"I really wish that didn't make so much sense" pretty much describes the process that went into making Newspaper Spider-Man.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

"I really wish that didn't make so much sense" pretty much describes the process that went into making Newspaper Spider-Man.

Well, wish granted, and then some.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Next: MJ thinks she sees Ronan move, and bludgeons him with a rock.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
"Oh, if he starts convulsing he might swallow his tongue so make sure you hit him with a rock to make it stop."

Rocket is so thoughtful. :bigtran:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJ: He's started swallowing his tongue and choking so I better clear his airwa-
Rocket: Nah nah, that's just a Kree thing they do when they're... uhh... sleeping really comfortably!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I feel like that panel is a response to pretty much any superhero comic published...ever.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

MJ you have a captive audience, rehearse your stageplay performance in front of Ronan's corpsehibernating body.
I'm pretty sure the movie she was driving to audition for has already shot, been edited, and been released by this point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:laffo:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He finally stopped yelling about shrooms.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

He finally stopped yelling about shrooms.

Now he's on the hunt for snatch

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I hope his szatch call works so he can get some szatch

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
"But backup's arrived! Rocket Raccoon - and a spider!"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

"It's Spider-Man, and a feral raccoon is going for his jugular! Now he's rolling around on the street and shrieking as he tries to fight it off!"

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What is he swinging from?

Wait, didn't they drive there?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rocket's gonna leap off Spidey's shoulder and missile-plank his way into that cop's belly for calling him a raccoon.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bongo Bill posted:

What is he swinging from?

Wait, didn't they drive there?

They stopped at the edge of downtown so Pete could make a dramatic entrance, obvs.

And the sentry isn't that tall, he's probably swinging from like a 4-story building.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm amused every time Spider-man has to go to the suburbs in the comics, because he can't swing on anything and has to walk.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I'm amused every time Spider-man has to go to the suburbs in the comics, because he can't swing on anything and has to walk.

Didn't he end up taking the bus once? Like, not clinging to the side of the bus but actually paying the fare and riding on it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

Didn't he end up taking the bus once? Like, not clinging to the side of the bus but actually paying the fare and riding on it?

That's entirely possible, though usually he's a cheapskate and clings to the side of trucks and such.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The marvelous misadventures of Spider-Man and A Racoon.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ToxicFrog posted:

He and Ant-Man recently took the subway. Twice.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Tiggum posted:

Being Spiderman doesn't earn enough to warrant an Uber.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Tiggum posted:

From upstate NY, somehow

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Maybe Pym lives on Staten Island. Lots of nice single family homes there. they'd have to take a bus

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 20, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

To be fair, there is a train service running from Manhattan to many places in upstate New York, the Metro North.

The cars don't look like that but then again there haven't been straps on the NY subway since 1969 so it's forgivable via Newspaper Spider-Man time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's a fair question to ask since any Spider-Man you see could turn out to be one of the clones or the alternate universe versions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pfft, it's clearly Spider-Man's son who lifts hotel TVs with his Spider-Dad as a bonding experience. That cop'll never make detective if he can't connect these kind of dots :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

• Locked thread