Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't wait to play this again in a year or two and savour it's awesomeness while also lamenting the fact that this is the last Witcher game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

You can actually just stumble on a random higher vampire in a tunnel under Novigrad

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

You can actually just stumble on a random higher vampire in a tunnel under Novigrad

Is that the one who is in the coffin and goes "what year is it?" and Geralt says "oh um...(insert year)" and the vampire responds with "OK..shut the casket you're too early."?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Been playing the wicher 3 dlc and it's insanely good. The whole wedding thing was hilarious. Am i boned for having sex with Shani?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Nah

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tfw you have sex at night and wake up the next morning

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

tumor looking batty posted:

B

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

finished heart of stone and it was bad rear end. i took the rose and didnt help von emerich when the devil took his soul lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
doing blood and wine now and it owns so much

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

doing blood and wine now and it owns so much

Yeah that first moment when you get in and all the colors are super vibrant and everythings lush is so good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

blood and wine is also great because the tone of a lot of the quests is completely different too

it's basically if Geralt were dropped into a classic fantasy story with happy endings and without this giant war looming in the background

I will say though that if you care a lot about getting a good ending for the main plot then you might want to do a little research because it's really easy to screw up

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I will say though that if you care a lot about getting a good ending for the main plot then you might want to do a little research because it's really easy to screw up

Just save often, imo. The only thing that's easily missable (the ribbon) is still pretty close to the end and if you decide you hate the ending you get you can just reload. You really, really don't want one really off-the-wall thing spoiled (the book). Otherwise just follow good advice when you hear it. The "bad" decision is really strongly telegraphed.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I really screwed up the end because I thought they'd give me a second chance to impart some information and they very much did not. Was a bittersweet end that fits perfectly w the Witcher universe though so I wasn't too disappointed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

with your boots on? doubting the sex OP

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

gently caress the grandmaster gear is such a money sink. i wish i hadnt done the vineyard stuff first

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Both dlc's have crazy money-sinks in them. Between the runes, the master craft armor, and your house, the cost is insane.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

whats the best drat way to get gold

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

a Loving Dog posted:

whats the best drat way to get gold

a mod to reduce the vendor prices of items

otherwise clear ?s, even back in Velen. Loot from chests scales to a point and will sell for quite a bit.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's win that if you pick up the goty edition with no saves it lets you start on one of the expansions with leveled gear, cash, and attributes. So you don't have to go through the game if you have already

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Been playing the wicher 3 dlc and it's insanely good. The whole wedding thing was hilarious. Am i boned for having sex with Shani?

Just got started on the DLC as well and man this quest worked so well it got me wondering how many other tired tv tropes would work insanely well.

Touissant is incredible to look at, the 'build your base' thing is something I will never get tired of doing in games, the tourney is fun as hell. Man this game pwns. It might be the best single player experience I've ever had.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't wait to play this to death again in a few years what a simply insane game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

Just got started on the DLC as well and man this quest worked so well it got me wondering how many other tired tv tropes would work insanely well.

Touissant is incredible to look at, the 'build your base' thing is something I will never get tired of doing in games, the tourney is fun as hell. Man this game pwns. It might be the best single player experience I've ever had.

without a doubt for me.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-24-meeting-andrzej-sapkowski-the-writer-who-created-the-witcher

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sapkowski is the perfect grumpy old Eastern European rear end in a top hat and he owns even though the books aren't very good. He originally thought the Witcher 1 was going to like Pong or Tetris with a Witcher skin because he refuses to accept that video games can have stories. I love him

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

cleaning up trophies in this. its been a wild ride

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
220 hours and change and i just beat witcher 3 once on easy and the entirety + expansions on death march. probably try and nail down a few remaining achievements and then not play another game for a couple of years until the memory of this fades enough to do it all again.

seriously incredible haven't felt like this since i first played morrowind over a decade ago, though i get the feeling this will age better.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Sapkowski is the perfect grumpy old Eastern European rear end in a top hat and he owns even though the books aren't very good. He originally thought the Witcher 1 was going to like Pong or Tetris with a Witcher skin because he refuses to accept that video games can have stories. I love him

Hey now, I found that the books were good! Not to everyone's liking (at least, the main saga wouldn't be) sure, but I liked 'em.

I didn't know about his opinions on video games though - that's hilarious! :D I guess it might explain why he apparently originally signed a deal where he doesn't get any royalties from the games at all; he must have thought it would make no money whatsoever, anyway!
(Naturally I can't be 100% sure on how accurate that is though, seeing as it was just some article I read about him online, which said all of this)

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well that's what he said to the interviewer in the article I posted. Or maybe he was trolling!??!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Hey now, I found that the books were good! Not to everyone's liking (at least, the main saga wouldn't be) sure, but I liked 'em.

I like the books a lot but I wish he had done a lot more short stories than novels. The first couple books where each story was Geralt taking a contract or investigating something weird were great and a much better fit for the universe imo.

I'm probably going to end up buying TW3 again so that I can replay it and catch all the references to the books that I missed in my first playthrough.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I just beat this game last night and I'm sad it ended. What an incredible game. Now onto the expansions

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Don't be too sad yet, the expansions are amazing and some of the best content in the game.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

blood and wine would be a great standalone game its that big + good

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Yeah I just began heart of Stone recently and got immediately hooked more so than any of the main story quests. The frog prince quest started off so good. Simply incredible

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

heart of stone was remarkable because of the absolutely bullshit hard boss fights

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

goddamn blood and wine is a really big expansion

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

goddamn blood and wine is a really big expansion

It feels bigger and has more content than most full priced games.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pam pam perrrramm

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I played for 9 hours today. 8 of them were spent in Novigrad alone. It was very cool

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Just wait until you get to the Bank quest in blood and wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Some Witcher news:

https://twitter.com/PlatigeImage/status/864787632991219712

A lot of potential for this to be poo poo, but cautiously optimistic.

• Locked thread