Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

So this video, while taking a huge grain of salt while watching it, is making me think maybe Andromeda might not be as bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVQnlCgVEA

I'm still gonna wait and see what reviews say, and possibly wait a few days after launch to return or buy it (still got Horizon Zero Dawn to keep me busy) to get unfiltered non-garbage opinions, but this seems to be a better criticism.

This makes me think that the game will just be cringeworthy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgFHIR7lLC0
would be fun liking a mass effect game again but The Witcher 3 has ruined most RPGs for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I think the only game tonight that will match or exceed Witcher 3 anytime soon is Cyberpunk 2077. But that's not out for another year or two.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Naked Bear posted:

I'm rooting for the scrappy white Subaru on the outside.

*gets shiny new racing game, immediately gets WRX version of own Impreza, ignores the Veyron and F-1 cars*

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

*gets shiny new racing game, immediately gets WRX version of own Impreza, ignores the Veyron and F-1 cars*
This is exactly what I do and I have no shame about it. I just wish some game would have my WRX wagon in it. Wagons are where it's at, yo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Same except Focus :xd:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Horizon owns so hard

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

cowboy elvis posted:

Horizon owns so hard

I got it, and I feel weird when I say I can't make myself care about it. It has some neat poo poo here and there, but the voice acting, uncanny valley characters, and lovely 1 season 80s cartoon vibe are killing it for me. And the combat flow just feels like you're watching a movie to me, like my inputs are considered but the game will choose what looks cooler and runs with it, It's kind of like a neutered Shadows of Mordor meets a meh Witcher clone. I get why other people like it, but I just can't seem to play it for more than 30 minutes before wanting to do something else entirely.

Plus, the controls feel really floaty to me

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How far are you? I found after the first several hours, the game gets far more intriguing.

Yea man I think the game controls phenomenally well. It's not MGS V levels of responsiveness but close.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Driving super cars is boring

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

cowboy elvis posted:

How far are you? I found after the first several hours, the game gets far more intriguing.

Yea man I think the game controls phenomenally well. It's not MGS V levels of responsiveness but close.

I dunno, really. I think I'm in Utah or heading that way

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I dunno, really. I think I'm in Utah or heading that way

I say stick with it. Once you get skill upgrades to notch 3 arrows and become more lethal in combat, the game gets more enjoyable to play.

I just hit an awesome story point about the past world. It's dope. Very Fallout ish in tone.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

HDI is digging Eve: Valkyrie on psvr. Apparently it's more like an Elite game than PC Eve.

I liked it a lot on Oculus, but it really lacked depth unfortunately. Also the throttle controls were not meant for joysticks.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/MarachiiSoup/status/841579100577923073

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Accurate.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ashly Burch occasionally sounds a helluva a lot like Amy Adams. It's tripping me out.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

I think the only game tonight that will match or exceed Witcher 3 anytime soon is Cyberpunk 2077. But that's not out for another year or two.

It helps Cyberpunk is being made by the same developer, but yeah pretty much.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Same but converting old muscle cars to AWD and dropping the biggest engine possible into them :q:

Also yes super cars are loving boring.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Man that reminds me I need to finish shadowrun hongkong

I loving love cyber punk but few people do it well. It's kind of a fine line between over the top, gritty, dystopian setting and going too far and being a caricature of itself.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 19, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Reverand maynard posted:

I loving love cyber punk but few people do it well. It's kind of a fine line between over the top, gritty, dystopian setting and going too far and being a caricature of itself.

I just got the new shadow run but haven't started it yet. Still on the fence. I got it during my latest spurge of nostalgia game playing (SNES and those style games).

I'll probably check it out this week while I'm staying in a hotel for work.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The HBS Shadowruns are good and cool.

There was a mod for Dragon Fall or HK, not sure which, I think called Shadowrun Unlimited, that tries to do a game like that of the Genesis one. It was kinda janky when I tried it but maybe it's been improved.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

I enjoyed playing through Shadowrun Returns even though a lot of people bagged on it. I've tried to get into Dragonfall a couple times but it hasn't stuck with me yet.

Nier: Automata is pretty rad so far. The PC port is kind of fucky and requires a bit of messing around to get it to work properly, but it runs decently well once you get it set up right. It follows the classic budget Japanese action game formula of massive, repetitive environments with zero decoration but the combat is fun and varied and the story seems pretty wild.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
so eternal crusade is now f2p

they only lock you out of the jump jet melee class as a f2p player

do not give them money but holy moly I've never seen someone make the unreal engine stutter so much

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Finished HZD, just need to get a few collectables and I'll have the platinum trophy.

One of the best games I've played over the last five years. Really impressed with how much I enjoyed the whole package.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

so eternal crusade is now f2p

they only lock you out of the jump jet melee class as a f2p player

do not give them money but holy moly I've never seen someone make the unreal engine stutter so much

its a massive turd and im glad i got a refund on it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Less than 24 hours Two Finger. Are you going to use a default character face or try to make something less downs-y?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Honestly I'm probably gonna make my tough black chick with short hair again. Or maybe I should try for Vasquez. The multi is the main draw for me.

But speaking of the multi, no lag issues, no sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFKByXCRJ50

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Honestly I'm probably gonna make my tough black chick with short hair again. Or maybe I should try for Vasquez. The multi is the main draw for me.

But speaking of the multi, no lag issues, no sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFKByXCRJ50

:catstare:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Less than 24 hours Two Finger. Are you going to use a default character face or try to make something less downs-y?

Stay the gently caress away from the ME:A thread in games imo, its full of turds making GBS threads on the game and spoiling the story, since the single-player stream embargo is lifted.

Two finger needs to get a good vpn so he can unlock the game earlier than the 23rd. Set that poo poo to South Korea and it unlocks in about 8 hours from this post.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

orange juche posted:

Stay the gently caress away from the ME:A thread in games imo, its full of turds making GBS threads on the game and spoiling the story, since the stream embargo is lifted.

Two finger needs to get a good vpn so he can unlock the game earlier than the 23rd. Set that poo poo to South Korea and it unlocks in about 8 hours from this post.

I can survive. I haven't even finished the 10 hour trial yet lol

I've just been posting in the old ME3 multiplayer thread about my experiences with the game and.... there's a lot of people reporting similar issues. It's not looking crash hot.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Not even gonna lie and I've poo poo talked it but I'll probably still get ME.

I played DA:I forever and that got poo poo on pretty hard. In my favor I havent played witcher 3 much though

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It just really frustrates me because 3 was just that loving good that I got Andromeda purely on the strength of my experience with it. And I've had matches where that old magic is back and it's Really Good. But then it's just getting dragged down by technical problems and weird design decisions.

I just want the game to be good :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Can you do any sort of fixed matchmaking with friends or is it some gently caress you random matchmaker that you can't change? I'd be down to get drunk and shoot kett with goons.

I didn't gently caress with the ME:A multiplayer too much, the desyncs in the trial really ruined it for me, I kept getting sync killed by the final bosses.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

orange juche posted:

Can you do any sort of fixed matchmaking with friends or is it some gently caress you random matchmaker that you can't change? I'd be down to get drunk and shoot kett with goons.

I didn't gently caress with the ME:A multiplayer too much, the desyncs in the trial really ruined it for me, I kept getting sync killed by the final bosses.

Yeah you can party up, did that a couple times already.
What platform are you on?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Yeah you can party up, did that a couple times already.
What platform are you on?

PC of course, but I have bone and PS4 as well.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

OK I got it on the bone. There's also nothing so iconic as the banshee shriek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gL4XqkQOFU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Andromeda is not getting good reviews. That's disappointing. I was hoping the game had a rough initial several hours.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it does

and several hours after that

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Welp, guess I'm returning it straight to Best Buy once it gets here tomorrow.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I forgot I preordered it ages ago, and here it is for preload on origin, so gently caress it I'm gonna get it and play it. They'll fix it eventually, they've got DLC to sell.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

not caring here posted:

I forgot I preordered it ages ago, and here it is for preload on origin, so gently caress it I'm gonna get it and play it. They'll fix it eventually, they've got DLC to sell.

jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

not caring here posted:

Its you. You're part of the problem.

Refund it and buy it again if it gets "fixed". Don't reward this nonsense.