Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wait that's Rogue? I thought it was Eva Bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Skwirl posted:

They used to sorta be X-Men related characters, I think.

On and off over the years, much like the status of their X-genes. I can't remember if they properly joined the team on Utopia or not, but they hung around plenty.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Wait that's Rogue? I thought it was Eva Bell.

I think when that issue came out Eva didn't exist yet. I really liked X+A, though about half the time they wasted the team ups.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Holy gently caress the art for this week's Extraordinary was the shittiest. The story was crap too, but ye gods the art. I mean, I appreciate the effort in making the interior of the Soulsword look interesting or different or like effort was used but what a shitshow.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The event as a whole is kinda blah and the Inhumans seem way more in the wrong than the X-Men, but I do like that the conclusion seems to be heading towards "the young inhumans and mutants realize what rear end in a top hat idiots the Royal Family and elder X-Men are, work together to find a solution that could have been done the entire time." I liked All New Inhumans so I'd like to see some of them stick around.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Yeah, I'm actually pretty happy with how IvX looks to be ending, which is amazing since I didn't care for the Events that lead into it. It's really nice to see characters taking a breath and having a loving conversation for once.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
People are mad about Magneto being in Hydra. I know about his backstory and all but his evil incarnations have always been pretty fascist, no?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Relin posted:

People are mad about Magneto being in Hydra. I know about his backstory and all but his evil incarnations have always been pretty fascist, no?

Hydra are nazis, Magneto really loving hates nazis, it's always been a thing even when he was 100% villainous.

There's always been a "but you've become no better than nazis" thing going on with Magneto at his most evil, but he would never admit that to himself, or willingly hang out with nazis.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Magneto once dropped Red Skull into a vault so he would slowly starve to death. Magneto should not have anything the gently caress to do with Hydra and the idea is really loving gross.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Magneto hates nazis but he's okay with being Hitler..

He's a complicated man..

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Magneto hates nazis but he's okay with being Hitler..

He's a complicated man..

No one understands him but his woman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

No one understands him but his woman.

Would that be Rogue? She's the only one I've seen him have romantic interest in in the comics. I mean outside of Madga and his other wives.

I'm sure Magneto has a perfect good reason. I mean it probably is bad writing but could it be more cube girl stuff? If she can make Cap Hydra, Magneto wouldn't be too hard either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a variant cover. Magneto is as likely to join Hydra as Squirrel Girl is to release a rap album.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Would that be Rogue? She's the only one I've seen him have romantic interest in in the comics. I mean outside of Madga and his other wives.

He had a thing with awesome, human, sea captain Lee Forester but I think that's his only other romantic entanglement. There was the lady from his recent series, whose name escapes me now, but that was just sexual tension and not really the same thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

It's a variant cover. Magneto is as likely to join Hydra as Squirrel Girl is to release a rap album.

But yea, I can believe that.

rantmo posted:

He had a thing with awesome, human, sea captain Lee Forester but I think that's his only other romantic entanglement. There was the lady from his recent series, whose name escapes me now, but that was just sexual tension and not really the same thing.

I forgot about Lee Forrester.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

I forgot about Lee Forrester.

How could anyone forget about the time Magneto made his home on the fantastic island of Octopusheim?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Someday I too want an octopus tunic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a customer who wears a Hydra t-shirt every time he comes to the store. I wonder how often he gets punched.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Not often enough.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I have a customer who wears a Hydra t-shirt every time he comes to the store. I wonder how often he gets punched.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

How could anyone forget about the time Magneto made his home on the fantastic island of Octopusheim?

I do remember how Magneto freaked out because he thought he had killed Kitty, also the sweet outfits Scott and Lee got.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Marvel's no longer ashamed of owning the X-Men franchise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUB0osYVJiY&feature=youtu.be

Inhumans can suck it!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yayyy, they used the song!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lurdiak posted:

Yayyy, they used the song!

I can't believe how inordinately happy it made me to hear that music.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I've been out of the loop for a few months, was the a big event? What happened?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Kingtheninja posted:

I've been out of the loop for a few months, was the a big event? What happened?

Uh, nope. Everyone was on vacation!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't wait for Xiceman #1!

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So what is the deal with this? We went from basically no X books to now we have a bajillion? What is the main one to follow? Is Cyclops definitely dead?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blue and Gold are the main ones.

Cyclops is dead. So far the Resurrection part doesn't seem to refer to any character coming back, though the Unity team from Uncanny Avengers had been tasked with recovering Xavier's brain.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I swear those fucks have been trying to recover Xavier's brain for like four years now.

(Uncanny Avengers is a good book though)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

I swear those fucks have been trying to recover Xavier's brain for like four years now.

(Uncanny Avengers is a good book though)

Part of that, I think, is that the Red Skull is a much more effective and threatening villain with that kind of insidious power. When he goes back to just being a Nazi with a pistol and people management skills he's just not going to feel like as big of a deal (despite being the Red loving Skull).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I dunno, I think that having no powers besides being the biggest rear end in a top hat who ever lived is what makes Red Skull such an interesting villain. His hate is so massive that it makes him a threat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chickenwalker posted:

So what is the deal with this? We went from basically no X books to now we have a bajillion? What is the main one to follow? Is Cyclops definitely dead?

I'm on Unlimited so I'm a bit behind, but pre- Death of X there was Uncanny, Extraordinary, All New All Different, plus Wolverine, Old Man Logan and probably something i'm forgetting. Iceman and Jean Grey getting solo books is new, but it's like 2 new total books from a year ago.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

I'm on Unlimited so I'm a bit behind, but pre- Death of X there was Uncanny, Extraordinary, All New All Different, plus Wolverine, Old Man Logan and probably something i'm forgetting. Iceman and Jean Grey getting solo books is new, but it's like 2 new total books from a year ago.

Were also getting Generation X, Cable, and the return of Astonishing X-Men. I'm guessing there gonna also relaunch Uncanny a bit later maybe after they bring some dead x-Men back.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Chickenwalker posted:

There are currently 7 X-books on sale (well, 6, since IvX ended). They all sell terrible though. But that's not exactly a magnitude away from the 11 books announced.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Just because they share the same first name, it does not mean you should pair Pak and Land together, Marvel.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Decius posted:

There are currently 7 X-books on sale (well, 6, since IvX ended). They all sell terrible though. But that's not exactly a magnitude away from the 11 books announced.
Not really? They're not top sellers, but they're mostly selling a respectable 30-40k, which is more than any Inhumans or Avengers title.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marvel is probably going to announce X-Force, X-Factor and Excalibur at C2E2. The retailer tease was 18 books.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I would enjoy an Excalibur book provided Pete Wisdom is in it and we all just quietly assume some retcon or another resurrected the Skrull Beatles so we could get Skrull John too.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Is there a comprehensive list of the currently announced X-books with the creative teams, and team members anywhere?

• Locked thread