Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

fart blood posted:

So what are the odds anything will come of this Comey thing?

0:1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Kempo Yellow Belt posted:

I think it was reversed. Unless giving JMS his vision back is some sort of long con curse. Maybe he reboots the series and focuses on the Telepath War? It ends up garnering a huge audience, but the audience are terrible kinds of people. Furries, and bronies, and such.

jms was harvesting their life energies to repair his body this whole time

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 28, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

Obama will go to jail

would he get secret service protection in the slammer

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I'll take it, gimme $100 on the under

gregday
May 23, 2003

bitcoin is kind of an interesting idea as currency and I could totally see something like it being integral to future transactions

but as a store of value (which is what money really is) it's the stupidest goddamn thing

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

jms was harvesting their life energies to repair his body this whole time

gorilla lifestyle

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hope is just a cruel joke that god made to gently caress with humans

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

fart blood posted:

He will decline to comment on an ongoing investigation in public, Democrats will point out this is hilariously hypocritical, and we'll move on since nobody cares about hypocrisy.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mormonpartyboat posted:

would he get secret service protection in the slammer

That's an interesting question actually

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kempo Yellow Belt posted:

I think it was reversed. Unless giving JMS his vision back is some sort of long con curse. Maybe he reboots the series and focuses on the Telepath War? It ends up garnering a huge audience, but the audience are terrible kinds of people. Furries, and bronies, and such.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Augus posted:

hope is just a cruel joke that god made to gently caress with humans

hmm yes let's believe things will be ok even though all rational evidence points to the contrary, this is a healthy thing to do
-hope and most of religion really

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

That's an interesting question actually

thank u

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr. Barry this is a burger king, do you want fries or not

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

fart blood posted:

Quite good actually. It seems we are on the road to admitting that Donald "did a Benghazi" and for that we should "lock him up". It's going to rule.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

right now there's so few blockchain entries left that there's like a huge huge server farm in Iceland that's running nonstop and I think it came up with like one bitcoin in the past year

lmebo thats one of the more trump age stories ive heard lately

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

fart blood posted:

already did, trump won

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The one and only cool thing about bitcoin is the decentralized trust and record keeping network of blockchain, an idea that could be adapted to other, less dumb uses

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I'm listening to Benghazi's "Steady Diet of Nothingburgers" right now in preparation.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

bring back the bitcoin mining industry mr. trump as you have for coal mining

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

so your saying ive got a chance

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

prefect posted:

The Altarian Dollar has recently collapsed, the Flainian Pobble Bead is only exchangeable for other Flainian Pobble Beads, and the Triganic Pu has its own very special problems. It exchange rate of eight Ningis to one Pu is simple enough, but since Ningi is a triangular rubber coin six thousand eight hundred miles along each side, no one has ever collected enough to own one Pu. Nigis are not negotiable currency, because Galactibanks refuse to deal in fiddling small change. From this basic premise it is very simple to prove that the Galactibanks are also the product of a deranged imagination.

:golfclap:

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

gregday posted:

bitcoin is kind of an interesting idea as currency and I could totally see something like it being integral to future transactions

but as a store of value (which is what money really is) it's the stupidest goddamn thing

My favorite thing about bitcoin, aside from the fact its been 99% scammers from inception, is that if you lose the password to your wallet all of the coins in it are gone forever. There are thousands of coins out there that will never be recovered. Possibly up to a third of the total number of bitcoins.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Benghazi
:tinfoil:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
daddy's Comeys

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
for real why would Comey do anything other than repeatedly say, "I am unable to comment on active investigations" or "We don't comment on whether something is being investigated" for the entire time

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Spoondick posted:

which airing of fox and friends did he get this intel from?

I suspect he's just circling back to his pearl-clutching from a few weeks ago over the fact that various Dems have met with russians (originally to do with the fact that his Attorney General to all appearances lied to congress, of course).

So he probably turned over to CNN for a moment to see exactly how much it was failing and someone said something about Trump and russia and he was all like "well, that's just unfair! To the electronic soapbox!"

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Pead posted:

My favorite thing about bitcoin, aside from the fact its been 99% scammers from inception, is that if you lose the password to your wallet all of the coins in it are gone forever. There are thousands of coins out there that will never be recovered..

lmao

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Honestly if Comey has anything serious going on re: Russia he isn't gonna say it today. If he is quiet and barely says anything, it's likely something is going on behind the scenes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pead posted:

My favorite thing about bitcoin, aside from the fact its been 99% scammers from inception, is that if you lose the password to your wallet all of the coins in it are gone forever. There are thousands of coins out there that will never be recovered..

yup. it's entirely conceivable that one day someone will go "looks like I have the last bitcoin in existence whoops fat fingered my initial wallet password ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

and then bitcoin doesn't exist any more

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ming? what am i looking at

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sir Tonk posted:

for real why would Comey do anything other than repeatedly say, "I am unable to comment on active investigations" or "We don't comment on whether something is being investigated" for the entire time

If there was anything to it why would he even be giving a loving press conference.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mormonpartyboat posted:

ming? what am i looking at

it's a quote from a Dave Barry book

I forget which one

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 28, 2017

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chokes McGee posted:

yup. it's entirely conceivable that one day someone will go "looks like I have the last bitcoin in existence whoops fat fingered my initial wallet password ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

and then bitcoin doesn't exist any more

a funnier conclusion is SHA-256 gets broken

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

alnilam posted:

The one and only cool thing about bitcoin is the decentralized trust and record keeping network of blockchain, an idea that could be adapted to other, less dumb uses time a cell phone fell off the arm of a chair on camera.

Small change, but you were basically right.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pead posted:

the year is 366 post-trump. a treasure hunter opens an ancient filing cabinet, still covered in nuclear ash. his hands tremble as he flicks to the B's.

"bitc. pw: moewaifu2920"

he cries from sheer joy. his career is over. he has joined the elite.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

indigi posted:

a funnier conclusion is SHA-256 gets broken

*extremely george takai voice* oh MY

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/843821504043335680

trump presidency getting weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pead posted:

My favorite thing about bitcoin, aside from the fact its been 99% scammers from inception, is that if you lose the password to your wallet all of the coins in it are gone forever. There are thousands of coins out there that will never be recovered. Possibly up to a third of the total number of bitcoins.

unless quantum computing becomes a thing, which would also destroy the value of bitcoin

• Locked thread