Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

It begins. The setup for the greatest sequel of all time!

Hillary Clinton says she’s 'ready to come out of the woods'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

Another article I read said she may run for mayor of NYC. She needs to gently caress off

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh lawdie

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

a bone to pick posted:

Bush fired 8 attorneys to defend a pedophile ring in DC during his reign

values voters

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

Hillary Clinton 2: corporate boogaloo

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
here's some right wing infighting tears

https://twitter.com/southernkeeks/status/843181538154102784

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/sweetiewalker/status/843141297909260289

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Tomi Lahren is a younger, lower effort Rush Limbaugh, or Bill O'Reilly: not terribly invested in what she's saying but enjoys saying it with a smirk.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
hey guys trump is finally hosed

e: he got away

https://twitter.com/afp/status/843459375746420736

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

hey guys trump is finally hosed

e: he got away

https://twitter.com/afp/status/843459375746420736

Well clearly the AFP News agency is working directly for Vladimir Putin. Pretty sure AFP stands All for Putin. Once a real news organization like CNN or the Washington post reports it then I'll believe it. Fake news.It is an indisputable fact that Trump is worse than 3 Hitlers, 4 Stalins, and 2 Vlad the impalers put together. I went to college so if you disagree you're a racist pleb.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
lmao guys guys the piss tapes the piss tapes, people unironically believe that it existed

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Nunes: No Russian campaign collusion, no Trump Tower wiretapping, no Santa

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
The Russia poo poo was too big. If trumps gonna be laid out by anything it will be something small that pales in comparison to his impact on society. Like tax evasion or a blowie

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Trump status update: unstumped.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

i thought that was a pun on the word "period"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
because the menstrual cycle flushes out all those potential eggs which were technically potential humans :v:

MAKE PERIODS ILLEGAL

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Trump did not do urine on a prostitute apparently but he is still the worst president of all time

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
There is nothing wrong with peeing on prostitutes as long as both parties are consenting, if President Donald Trump pee'd on a prostitute I'd shake his hand (after he washed it) for flexing his piss rights.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Mnoba posted:

lmao guys guys the piss tapes the piss tapes, people unironically believe that it existed

Tom Arnold wouldn't lie to us

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
You guys think there will be any truth to this "Project Dragnet" allegations that have come out?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Poetic Justice posted:

You guys think there will be any truth to this "Project Dragnet" allegations that have come out?
The InfoWars story? If I heard right they're alleging he was under surveillance since 2004 in which case Trump better hope it's fake because it means he was under investigation by two different administrations for over a decade.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Knight posted:

The InfoWars story? If I heard right they're alleging he was under surveillance since 2004 in which case Trump better hope it's fake because it means he was under investigation by two different administrations for over a decade.

Him and Alex Jones yeah. I do wonder why they would waste time monitoring Alex Jones. If this ends up being true, it will just further entrench his listeners who take him seriously. To be honest I'm sure every CEO and likely every multi millionaire are probably under surveillance by the government, money = power and all.

On the other hand, if Trump was under surveillance all that time, you would think they would have mountains of irrefutable proof of some of his wrongdoings.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Pisstape real :colbert:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

I do wonder why they would waste time monitoring Alex Jones.

Why would the US govt monitor a guy who calls them a bunch of corrupt satanists pedo grover globalists ? Why would they monitor the guy whose audience is called "potential domestic terrorists" by the intelligence agency ? :iiam:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Trump's status: attacked by fire ants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG3Dy81vNSw

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

But Mr Trump doesn't offer a stable home for the ants to live. Collapse!

Truly a metaphor for the present

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Why would the US govt monitor a guy who calls them a bunch of corrupt satanists pedo grover globalists ? Why would they monitor the guy whose audience is called "potential domestic terrorists" by the intelligence agency ? :iiam:

These are dogshit justifications for government surveillance.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

These are dogshit justifications for government surveillance.

Like they care about your opinion.

In most countries, people who could be even remotely be seen as "anti gov" like far left, far right, anarchists, private militia, etc are potentially under surveillance.

e: I'm pretty sure patriot act made this even easier

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 20, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Spying on the opposition is paranoid and self-destructive. Yes plenty of powerfully lovely governments spy on their critics and citizens alike, what's your point?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

Spying on the opposition is paranoid and self-destructive. Yes plenty of powerfully lovely governments spy on their critics and citizens alike, what's your point?

I don't see what so surprising about the US govt potentially spying Alex Jones since part of his audience are nutjobs ready to shoot cops hidden from their apocalypse bunker, and they have no problem showing how defiant they are about the govt and its authority.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So after the FBI or whoever came out and said there's no connection between Trump and Russia I haven't seen anything about it in the MSM.

Are they really about to act like the past 4 months of McCarthyism didn't happen?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I don't see what so surprising about the US govt potentially spying Alex Jones since part of his audience are nutjobs ready to shoot cops hidden from their apocalypse bunker, and they have no problem showing how defiant they are about the govt and its authority.

Let go of partisanship for a moment and take a step back to recognize how government surveillance of perceived threats of their own far-reaching definition, minus oversight, continuously erodes a) confidence in the government and b) the general public's liberty

I can't tell if you're supportive of the government defining Alex Jones as a threat and subsequently spying on him, or just plainly remarking on the plausibility of it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just popping in to say that Trump's still hosed

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Let's check quickly what the folks at AlexJonesForumForNutjobsTM are discussing and if it could be a reason for watching them

nope. No idea why they would want to watch these folks in case they try to start a shooting spree

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Let's check quickly what the folks at AlexJonesForumForNutjobsTM are discussing and if it could be a reason for watching them

nope. No idea why they would want to watch these folks in case they try to start a shooting spree

Wow the fluoride forum is pretty dead

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

I can't tell if you're supportive of the government defining Alex Jones as a threat and subsequently spying on him, or just plainly remarking on the plausibility of it.

Alex Jones is a threat to sanity. And I guess that according to patriot act, some of the stuff on his show and forums could be considered a national threat too.

e: of course it erodes a) confidence in the government and b) the general public's liberty, but honestly I think it's a bit late to worry about this in 2017. The "general public" had years to protest against the loss of liberties (other than gun ownership lol) in the US but they did nothing, nada, zilch. They are being good patriots

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 20, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

"Potential shooting sprees" lol, those happen every Friday and Saturday night in Chicago and it's got nothing to do with fluoride... or does it...

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
At a glance I don't see anything particularly radical or insurrectiony in those forum titles, just garden variety conspiracy theory. What in particular about those forums justifies surveillance?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Alex Jones is a threat to sanity. And I guess that according to patriot act, some of the stuff on his show and forums could be considered a national threat too.

do you think the government is correct to put him under surveillance?

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 20, 2017

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

A threat to sanity or just a threat to your sanity because you think they could be right? Maybe the people who believe him are already nuts and his stuff is a symptom and not a cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

do you think the government is correct to put him under surveillance?

If they decided they have the right to, my opinion is meaningless.

Of course surveillance erodes a) confidence in the government and b) the general public's liberty, but honestly I think it's a bit late to worry about this in 2017. The "general public" had years to protest against the loss of liberties (other than gun ownership lol) in the US but they did nothing, nada, zilch. They are being good patriots

• Locked thread