Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
5/3/1 Boring But Big should be renamed 5/3/1 Big But Bloody-elbows-destroyed-by-volume-ohmygod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just go to the gym and let the gods guide me towards my routine

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I'm basically embracing full obesity at this point.

restraint no point

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
careful so u dont get perma stretchmarks bro

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

My stretch marks have gotten worse as my lifting has progressed. I look like a zebra mixed with a tiger.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I just want to take a vacation and do nothing but lift, nap and lay on the beach. Are there any tropical resorts with full actual gyms and not just a crappy rack of dumbbells and one cable machine?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Thesaurus posted:

I'm basically embracing full obesity at this point.

restraint no point

My friend can I talk to you about the great sport of powerlifting

JBones
Aug 21, 2002

Smeed posted:

I just want to take a vacation and do nothing but lift, nap and lay on the beach. Are there any tropical resorts with full actual gyms and not just a crappy rack of dumbbells and one cable machine?

venetian in las vegas has a p. good gym if that's your thing.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

JBones posted:

venetian in las vegas has a p. good gym if that's your thing.

drat, we were just there and were too full/lazy to go to the gym.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
First week back at the gym after a few weeks of being sick / traveling. Today I shat my brains out, then did leg day. Feels good, man.

Between sets I saw a super hot toned blonde doing great cleans and lateral raises. :getin:

Looked further to the right, saw a dad bod dude doing push-ups and the lifting his shirt up and hitting his belly where his abs should be. :frogout:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Good job man

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

finally saw a guy doing 400+ pound deadlifts at my gym
there is hope

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
reminder: your gym sucks

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

First week back at the gym after a few weeks of being sick / traveling. Today I shat my brains out, then did leg day. Feels good, man.

Between sets I saw a super hot toned blonde doing great cleans and lateral raises. :getin:

Looked further to the right, saw a dad bod dude doing push-ups and the lifting his shirt up and hitting his belly where his abs should be. :frogout:

I'm the dad bod guy

not even kidding, I do that

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
would it be socially acceptable to drop my trousers and flex my glutes in the mirror

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

would it be socially acceptable to drop my trousers and flex my glutes in the mirror

Always :allears:

Week two of 5/3/1 BBB. 5x10 chin-ups is brutal.

Already dreading squats tomorrow and I haven't even finished today's workout.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Crossfit girl alternated between the worst cleans ever and humping the ground. She did it in literally her underwear.

... That's alright by me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The ground is a funny nickname for a man.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I wish i had a fit fitness girl instead of the fat wife

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Zzulu posted:

I wish i had a fit fitness girl instead of the fat wife

Hey! Keep your superficiality out of swole thread ! Respect your wife, fit or fat! Eat more salami

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i respect her i just wish she had a squat-butt

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hey! Keep your superficiality out of swole thread ! Respect your wife, fit or fat! Eat more salami
on the other hand, couples where one person works out big time and the other one obviously does not are always kinda funny

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I started a food journal and the results are really good.

I must have amazing genetics to be as in-shape as I am eating like this.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
You you have a system of emojis to record the level of digestional issues each item caused you?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dum Cumpster posted:

You you have a system of emojis to record the level of digestional issues each item caused you?

I can eat anything I want without distress.

But it's 4pm and I've only had 15g of protein.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

sassassin posted:

:siren: RIP

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

sassassin posted:

Hello 911? This is a salami emergency 🚨

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

anybody like to post between sets? i find i need to stay on the more serious forums, as thinking about something funny while trying to lift seems to always result in instant failure.

related discussion: eating between sets. not like a protein bar, but meals. i was just eating chicken and rice curry while benching

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

seriously though, if i think of something funny right before a set it really ruins everything. i have to reset and try to get intense/serious again. if you said something really funny while i was maxing squat I'd probably die

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

My lifts are totally dependent on the seriousness of my music. Meshuggah and metal poo poo supply the PR's. Trap poo poo for the pump. Ambient stuff for cardio.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FXNOW Every Simpsons Ever Randomizer for my cardio.

Some days are better than others

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Thesaurus posted:

anybody like to post between sets? i find i need to stay on the more serious forums, as thinking about something funny while trying to lift seems to always result in instant failure.

related discussion: eating between sets. not like a protein bar, but meals. i was just eating chicken and rice curry while benching

I too enjoy puking at the gym

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Thesaurus posted:

Posting between Romanian deadlift sets right now. No eating between sets, but I can't eat before gym either.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
And I forgot my headphones today so I'm lifting to the sweet sweet white noise of an air conditioning unit.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

nbahd.net or UFC fights on youtube for cardio. I'll read news articles and comments in between sets to STAY MAD.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I listen to the great courses audio while working out

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i just listen to recordings of myself working out, while working out

in an endless recursive cycle

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I wore a shirt today I haven't worn in about 5 months because it's been cold.

I can now see my muscles in it when I flex (mainly bis, very poorly defined tris). This did not happen before.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zzulu posted:

i just listen to recordings of myself working out, while working out

in an endless recursive cycle

Some guy tried to pay me to listen to me working out in my basement around the time the first workout thread was posted in Ask Tell. I didn't go for it. What a prude :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I fart so much while lifting in my garage now that i can't even remember how i managed while in a public gym. it's like, several quick breaths, pause to fart, lift.

eating before, after, and during workouts probably has something to do with it.