Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
South Carolina did God's work.

Thanks South Carolina :)

You da real USC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Schadenfreude, get yer schadenfreude.

quote:

Duke’s season ended with a resounding thud on the court, and tears and sniffling in a silent locker room, players staring at a coach trying to remind his team that they did, really, have a season worth remembering fondly. That it’s not a failure just because it’s ending without even so much as a trip to the Sweet 16. That it’s not a magnificent disappointment because this team was ranked No. 1 in the nation to start the season. That it’s not, well, what everyone on the outside will say about them.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Guys, we did it!

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Gregg Marshall tapping into his inner Butch Jones:

“I don’t know, Paul,” Marshall said when asked if this loss would get his team respect. “How many years do we have to do this to make people respect our program? I don’t know. That’s up to you guys. I mean, I know that we have the heart of a champion. I know these guys, how they work, how hard our staff works, how much time, energy, passion we put into this. This will just be more fuel for us.”

Second time in three years these WSU fuckers have talked poo poo before the UK game and ended up heading back home to that fuckhole called Wichita. Enjoy the off season.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

my dude have you been to frankfort

oh poo poo it's actually in lexington. truly have i owned myself

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

The age-old joke in KY is "What's the capitol of Kentucky: Lexington or Louisville?" :downsrim:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Kansas sucks. Kentucky might have terrible people hiding in the mountains but at least it's scenic in many places.

Topeka might be worse than Wichita. It also smells terrible there.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

if you ever find yourself in a sad brains mood but can't quite get over the hump to pull the trigger, drive US 54 from Wichita to beautiful Tucumcari, NM. what a god drat wasteland

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

vikingstrike posted:

Kansas sucks. Kentucky might have terrible people hiding in the mountains but at least it's scenic in many places.

Kentucky is pretty scenic. You've got the rolling hills in the north central section of the state where a lot of horse farms are, mountains and rivers in the east, and the soutwest has the Land between the Lakes which is a must see should anyone ever end up in that area of the country for some reason.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
itd be cool if i got to see mroe clips of basketball instead of whatever typing is happening in here

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

tadashi posted:

Kentucky is pretty scenic. You've got the rolling hills in the north central section of the state where a lot of horse farms are, mountains and rivers in the east, and the soutwest has the Land between the Lakes which is a must see should anyone ever end up in that area of the country for some reason.

the burning crosses really pull it together

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
poo poo. I fall asleep early due to a massive headache and South Carolina knocks off Duke! What a great thing to wake up to!

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

vikingstrike posted:

Topeka and Wichita are indeed garbage hellholes but Lawrence is an oasis in the middle of a racist vanilla desert

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Criminal Minded posted:

Topeka and Wichita are indeed garbage hellholes but Lawrence is an oasis in the middle of a racist vanilla desert

Never been to Lawrence, but I work with some KU alums and they speak favorably of their time there.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Regnevelc posted:

the burning crosses really pull it together

I think that's more of a Deep South thing, tbh.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

if you ever find yourself in a sad brains mood but can't quite get over the hump to pull the trigger, drive US 54 from Wichita to beautiful Tucumcari, NM. what a god drat wasteland

Um the billboards in Albuquerque call Tucumcari "scenic", so I think you might be wrong there. :smug:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

vikingstrike posted:

Gregg Marshall tapping into his inner Butch Jones:

“I don’t know, Paul,” Marshall said when asked if this loss would get his team respect. “How many years do we have to do this to make people respect our program? I don’t know. That’s up to you guys. I mean, I know that we have the heart of a champion. I know these guys, how they work, how hard our staff works, how much time, energy, passion we put into this. This will just be more fuel for us.”

Second time in three years these WSU fuckers have talked poo poo before the UK game and ended up heading back home to that fuckhole called Wichita. Enjoy the off season.

I'm glad someone else is with me on the "Gregg Marshall is an rear end in a top hat" wagon.

It really isn't just that he's from Wichita State for me. I just happily cheered for a guy who coached K-State and made my rooting interest's life hell for years because, dammit, he may be a volcano, but he's a good guy who coaches well, but Marshall is the biggest whiny prima donna and his whole, "Pauvre moi, why aren't people in love with us more?" schtick is getting more and more obnoxious the more and more WSU's place in the tourney gets cemented. I think he's falling into this dumb delusion that he's turning the Shockers into the next Duke or something. He very well might never leave.

Also, Lawrence is way better than Lexington, but most of the rest of Kentucky is far more scenic than Kansas, it's true.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

N: Your bracket is sad and busted and doesn't affect anything.

V: The only bracket that's left that matters is the mascot bracket.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...e-quirky-032017

Blue Hose, bitch

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

vikingstrike posted:

Never been to Lawrence, but I work with some KU alums and they speak favorably of their time there.

It's a generic college town.

The only good part of this drive is you can go a million miles an hour to get through it. Holy gently caress that drive is awful with nothing cool to look at.

Albuquerque to Tucumcari, however, is gorgeous.

Kansas is a boring drive on 70, so is Missouri. Colorado is boring for like an hour and a half or two, then BAM mountains.

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 20, 2017

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

vikingstrike posted:

Most recently also a Northwest and upstate mid-Atlantic (NY/PA) thing. Nowhere without publicly racist shitheads at this point though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

"Pauvre moi, why aren't people in love with us more?"

Perfect for Indiana.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

vikingstrike posted:

The thing you need to worry about in KY is the KY/TN border. Do not stop there. The reputation is that those towns are lined with people running from the law on one side of the border or the other.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

tadashi posted:

N: Your bracket is sad and busted and doesn't affect anything.

V: The only bracket that's left that matters is the mascot bracket.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...e-quirky-032017

Blue Hose, bitch

ragin cajuns vs blue horse/wheat bees is a hell of an Elite 8 matchup

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

tadashi posted:

The thing you need to worry about in KY is the KY/TN border. Do not stop there. The reputation is that those towns are lined with people running from the law on one side of the border or the other.

I always pass the Stinking Creek Rd exit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

vikingstrike posted:

Always remember to use the guide.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Kansas City is cool, it's also the place where Michigan will punch their ticket to the final four.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

KSR just dumped some more footage of Lynn Marshall. This has been entertaining to follow.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/more-video-of-lynn-marshalls-profane-enthusiasm/

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If your significant other won't get thrown out of a sporting event for hollering at the refs on your behalf you've never really experienced love imo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://vimeo.com/208735152

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

FartingBedpost posted:

Um the billboards in Albuquerque call Tucumcari "scenic", so I think you might be wrong there. :smug:

Everything in New Mexico is scenic, that doesn't make it not a wasteland.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri can fire Cuonzo Martin in the first 3 years of his contract without cause if he doesn't get a 20 win season.

Here's where I have to remind myself after the last few years that 20 wins in college basketball at a big school isn't all that impressive.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Everything in New Mexico is scenic, that doesn't make it not a wasteland.

Speaking of wasteland, anyone want our .500 coach?

Anyone?

:smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thad Matta is 49.

What.

:psyduck:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I honestly thought he was like like 60-65.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
N: The #10 seed Oregon women just beat the #2 seed Duke women.

V: gently caress Duke

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Haha, VCU fans freaked out when NC State media and bloggers suggested Will Wade might leave Richmond for Raleigh (and he was a finalist, apparently).

Now Wade has upped sticks for an LSU program in absolute disarray—one that VCU whipped easily this year, in fact. Difference I guess is LSU has every important piece coming back and VCU is facing a rebuilding year next year but it's still hard to imagine Wade couldn't have done better if he weren't desperate to move on to a bigger job.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

my midmajor is a steppig stone waka waka

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My blood runs cold, my memory has just been sold... my mid-major is a stepping stone.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Probably Magic posted:

My blood runs cold, my memory has just been sold... my mid-major is a stepping stone.

sha ka na na na na

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

So it sounds like Wichita State to the AAC is probably going to happen?

The membership timeline for the Missouri Valley is very sad, the teams just slowly and steadily get worse as the decades go on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Valley_Conference#Membership_timeline

• Locked thread