Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Rick Wilson basically summed up today's Comey thing late yesterday. Don't really expect bombshells, but:

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/843687675987185666

Also Donnie's dumb as hell: https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/843794764944281604

Edit: good Comey testimony guide https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/843795863478714368

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

BigDave posted:

I'd be more sympathetic towards them, if they didn't pack the Mall of America every weekend and trash my work.

Today I saw a Mossy Oak tattoo, who the hell gets that?

I don't know what WI people you're dealing with, although I've lived in Madison or the Milwaukee area for my whole life. I wager that there is some self selection going on by visiting The Mall of America. That place is a depressing hellhole.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I've taken to tying the number of Mossy Oak/Realtree Decals and gear to the level of poverty in the region.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah, the thing is WI is solidly average to above average in per capita income. There is poverty, but it's mostly concentrated in urban areas. I'd just chalk it up to a lot of hicks living in northern WI or Minnesota.

Fargo (TV and movie) is a pretty great take on the culture of the rural upper Midwest.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DoktorLoken posted:

Yeah, the thing is WI is solidly average to above average in per capita income. There is poverty, but it's mostly concentrated in urban areas. I'd just chalk it up to a lot of hicks living in northern WI or Minnesota.

Fargo (TV and movie) is a pretty great take on the culture of the rural upper Midwest.

It isn't just poverty as in lack of income, but poverty in heavy credit to gross income burden as well.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The only way I see NK being 'fixed' is if China takes his rear end out on a state visit or something meanwhile they sit down all their generals and explain how its gonna work. Thats probably the only way we end the dynasty without getting shitloads of South Koreans killed.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DoktorLoken posted:

I don't know what WI people you're dealing with, although I've lived in Madison or the Milwaukee area for my whole life. I wager that there is some self selection going on by visiting The Mall of America. That place is a depressing hellhole.

And I don't know what WI people you've been dealing with, but the small army of F-450s and Dodge Ram Super Cabs that invade Bloomington every weekend don't drive here from Iowa.

And yes, the MOA is a depressing hellhole. Where else can you buy a $50 spray-on gold watch and bear witness to a bum fight while eating Panda Express?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Comey stream is up, and has started.

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 20, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

wrong thread beep boop

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Two Finger posted:

my mum was a solo parent raising three kids, we relied heavily on welfare and as a result she has three successful children who pump way more back into the economy than whatever the government gave her to help bring us up

LONG TERM PAYBACK

Same, but in America. My sister and I are living talking points on why poo poo like free school lunches, SNAP benefits, heating assistance, Pell Grants, and subsidized student loans are good programs. The irony is that my sister is a mini-Paul Ryan in that she's *~conservative~* and think's we shouldn't give money away.

BigDave posted:

And yes, the MOA is a depressing hellhole. Where else can you buy a $50 spray-on gold watch and bear witness to a bum fight while eating Panda Express?

God, I remember as a kid in the 90's that place always getting hyped up for no apparent reason and how it was this great mall that was also like a theme park. Also it had the only Lego store for years.

Though the adult in me realizes it sounds like a total shithole both then and now. Kid me also knew it couldn't compare to the West Edmonton Mall that I got to go every time we went to go visit my grandparents. :smug:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I used to stay after school when I was in early elementary school and we were poor and my mom had to work like 70 hours a week so that I could eat food and not die.

Hopefully they cut those programs so people like me will go hungry.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

What a huge mouthful helping of grandstandery bullshit.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Reverand maynard posted:

Short of the US invading, how does North Korea fix itself? Coup? Hope Jim Jong-un has no male heirs and then wait for him to die? Wait until everyone literally starves to death then simply repopulate it? Annihilate the entire country after they launch a fizzled nuclear weapon?

How do you fix a failed, rogue state led by a man baby who threatens to throw a nuclear fueled temper tantrum?

Honestly? Best case scenario is that they have a military clique off Un and take over with one of the other kids as a figurehead and then pull a Burma and agree to scrap their nukes/drug mills/whatever for a couple of really fat aid packages from the US and China. Let them stay independent and develop their economy without some crazed fattie at the top loving things up.

Pretty sure that it was fear of that happening which prompted Un to have his brother murdered.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Welcome to history, y'all.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/843833527628054530

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird food bathtub posted:

Is it time for today's poo poo- err tweet storm yet? Orangegropenfuhrer has to get ahead of this Comey thing.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/843803115044454402

I can't even, you guys.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't see anything coming of this.

Honestly, I think the whole issue of CRIMINALLY INVESTIGATING the president and his campaign's efforts is a massive waste of time.

I personally, with my own eyes and ears witnessed a candidate for president praise the hacking of their opponent, and ask for more. That's all the shameful and shady poo poo I need to know, and while I realize that may not be in breach of any legal statute, I don't really think this continuous horse-beating is really helping anything, because I don't think there's anything there.

The president said "Yo, please hack my opponent", and the Russians were like "lol, we were doing so anyway".

The president losing his poo poo on Twitter over this makes me think there MAY actually be something more there. OR IS THAT WHAT HE WANTS ME TO THINK? :ninja:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I can't tell is this a wet fart? I'm starting to feel like anything that doesn't immediately stick will just slide right off.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If Comey doesn't say another thing, Donnie's hosed, or someone in his orbit is hosed. That's because Comey has something and is saving it.

If Comey says more, it's just political poo poo and nothing will come of it. That's because it has been investigated and there isn't anything much there.

We don't know which one it is yet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Listening to Trey Gowdy try to make a big deal about Flynn's being revealed as a traitor.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Schiff reading tweets to Comey. What a time to be alive.

Said no evidence to those tweets and say DOJ agrees no evidence lmao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Regarding the President's claims via twitter that he was wiretapped, the FBI and DOJ have flat out said that there is nothing there.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Watch this amount to nothing, and result in a Trump victory somehow.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

Regarding the President's claims via twitter that he was wiretapped, the FBI and DOJ have flat out said that there is nothing there.

"Mr. Secretary, revealing classified info is illegal, right? Like, super illegal? And that's really bad isn't it? Being illegal and all."

EDIT: Comey now being asked to comment on tweets

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Handsome Ralph posted:

Same, but in America. My sister and I are living talking points on why poo poo like free school lunches, SNAP benefits, heating assistance, Pell Grants, and subsidized student loans are good programs. The irony is that my sister is a mini-Paul Ryan in that she's *~conservative~* and think's we shouldn't give money away.

God, I remember as a kid in the 90's that place always getting hyped up for no apparent reason and how it was this great mall that was also like a theme park. Also it had the only Lego store for years.

Though the adult in me realizes it sounds like a total shithole both then and now. Kid me also knew it couldn't compare to the West Edmonton Mall that I got to go every time we went to go visit my grandparents. :smug:

It was a lot nicer when it first opened, and Camp Snoopy was awesome. For a long time it was a 'shopping destination', where you could buy stuff no one else had. Vintage records, designer labels, Italian shoes and four major department stores under one roof? Break out the 90's-era credit cards that had high interest and annual fees with no rewards!

But Camp Snoopy got shut down after they lost the rights to Peanuts, Bloomingdale's pulled out the day after their lease was up, Sears is on life support and will (probably) be shutting down for good this year, and people realized they could buy the same stuff or better online for a lot less.

Today it functions as a major tourist trap, daytime homeless shelter and place to wait after your flight is delayed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

The intel community said there's no evidence of Russian collusion either.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Listening to Trey Gowdy try to make a big deal about Flynn's being revealed as a traitor.

"I AM NOT GOING TO REVEAL THIS US CITIZEN'S NAME, but I am going to point out who revealed their name, when this was, what was talked about wink wink wink"

:cripes:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comey stuck to the pc answer, Rogers is straight up giving "yes" or "no" to questions about how Trump's statements are nonsense. :lol:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yikes. Entertaining at least.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/843841449334513669

Edit: Comey ain't saying poo poo. Bad news for Donnie.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 20, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

Comey stuck to the pc answer, Rogers is straight up giving "yes" or "no" to questions about how Trump's statements are nonsense. :lol:

Admiral Rogers is loving awesome.

TBeats posted:

The intel community said there's no evidence of Russian collusion either.

There are direct people who were on Russian payroll on Trump's staff/inner circle (Manafort, Flynn, and Stone). Comey just said they're still investigating and it's a relatively young investigation by intelligence standards.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also Rogers and Comey look like they haven't slept well in quite some time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Well, Sewell appears to be an idiot.

Edit: And Gowdy cares about nothing except imprisoning reporters.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Whoa, I loving missed this one. The investigation has been active since JULY.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/843843717144502273

WHAT THE gently caress.

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/843844125464154112

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Throw reporters in jail :twisted:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
They need to stop trying to make the direct collusion "a thing" and focus on the indirect influence Russia utilized. Straight up psy ops/info ops success on a huge scale

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Maybe Trey Gowdy should be investigated.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gowdy is trying to target prior administration's people to attack them for outing Flynn.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Gowdy is trying to target prior administration's people to attack them for outing Flynn.

He's not even trying to hide it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

He's not even trying to hide it.

He even slipped up and said Flynn's name a second ago. This is disgusting to watch.

Edit: I'm glad Comey has balls enough to tell Gowdy to gently caress off over and over again.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 20, 2017

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/843832297778561029

:allbuttons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
omg Gowdy shuuuuuuuuuuuut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Schiff again