Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/843615839358214144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

well poo poo :psyduck:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Grassley has holes in his ancient brain and I can read that tweet both ways. I think it could mean anything and nothing.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
In more news David Rockefeller keeled this afternoon. Secret illuminatti government is having a bad year.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I loving hate gowdy, his face is so punchable. I only heard of them two years ago when a few friends were hyping him as a principled politician who wasn't afraid to go against the party line. Then I saw his Benghazi poo poo and I knew just how much bs that claim was

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Oh my loving god, he literally does not you giant manbaby. Come out and say what he told you so he gets poo poo on for breaking rules (?) or shut the gently caress up.

It's not like anything happened to Comey when he released his dumb statement about Hillary last year.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

M_Gargantua posted:

In more news David Rockefeller keeled this afternoon. Secret illuminatti government is having a bad year.

Was he the one who ordered Attica to be retaken by force?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

BigDave posted:

Yup. What a fiasco.

And by fiasco I mean a poorly planned, terribly executed assault that degenerated into what was basically a retaliatory massacre.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 20, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

THIS GUY IS ASKING ABOUT THE CLINTON FOUNDATION

loving house republicans

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CLINTON CLINTON CLINTON CLINTON CLINTON CLINTON CLINTON

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I HOPE YOURE INVESTIGATING HILLARY AS MUCH AS TRUMP FOR HER RUSSIAN CONNECTIONS WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Seriously what the ever loving gently caress. I don't understand how these people will get up and support a loving foreign compromised white house just because there's an R in front of his name.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Smiling Jack posted:

Yup. What a fiasco.

Probably the first time that "shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out" was used as a police tactic.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/843852906520633344

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Trump will repeat this on Wednesday

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

BigDave posted:

Probably the first time that "shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out" was used as a police tactic.

Completely off the top of my head:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_State_killings

Also during the Battle Of Omaha some police fired into the lynch mob but only got one kill:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_race_riot_of_1919

quote:

Shots were fired as the mob pillaged hardware stores in the business district and entered pawnshops, seeking firearms. Police records showed that more than 1,000 revolvers and shotguns were stolen that night. The mob shot at any policeman; seven officers received gunshot wounds, although none of the wounds were serious.
Louis Young, 16 years old, was fatally shot in the stomach while leading a gang up to the fourth floor of the building. Witnesses said the youth was the most intrepid of the mob's leaders.

quote:

The crowd surged toward the mayor. He fought them. One man hit the mayor on the head with a baseball bat. Another slipped the noose of a rope around his neck. The crowd started to drag him away.
"If you must hang somebody, then let it be me," the mayor said.
The mob dragged the mayor into Harney Street. A woman reached out and tore the noose from his neck. Men in the mob replaced it. Spectators wrestled the mayor from his captors and placed him in a police automobile. The throng overturned the car and grabbed him again. Once more, the rope encircled the mayor's neck. He was carried to Sixteenth and Harney Streets. There he was hanged from the metal arm of a traffic signal tower.
Mayor Smith was suspended in the air when State Agent Ben Danbaum drove a high-powered automobile into the throng right to the base of the signal tower. In the car with Danbaum were City Detectives Al Anderson, Charles Van Deusen and Lloyd Toland. They grasped the mayor and Russell Norgard untied the noose. The detectives brought the mayor to Ford Hospital. There he lingered between life and death for several days, finally recovering. "They shall not get him. Mob rule will not prevail in Omaha," the mayor kept muttering during his delirium.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 20, 2017

iverson
Apr 25, 2012
I love how Comey has taken hold of this terrible sports metaphor and answered perfectly. Conaway is such a goof.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm trying to figure out what the gently caress this guy is talking about but I got nothing

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh my loving lord, Mike Conaway is a colossal moron.

Conaway: "When did you guys decide that Moscow had a clear preference?"

Comey: "Uh, that was fairly easy, because Putin hated Secretary Clinton so much"

Conaway:"Well, that might fly on a Sunday when the Raiders play the Longhorns (the gently caress?), but could you be more specific (rambles on for 2 minutes)"

Comey: "Well, when you hate one outcome, you would prefer that outcome get defeated by its opponent, hence the preference."

Conaway: (stutters, rambles on for 2 more minutes)

shyduck posted:

I'm trying to figure out what the gently caress this guy is talking about but I got nothing

He's trying to make the argument that, just because Putin didn't like Hillary doesn't mean he would support Trump, but his argument was falling apart before he even introduced the dumb football reference. Then it somehow imploded into a singularity.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Thank god he's done. That was awful and pointless.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I cannot wait for the recording of this to become available because goddamn i'm sad that I'm missing the stream.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

The Iron Rose posted:

I cannot wait for the recording of this to become available because goddamn i'm sad that I'm missing the stream.

probably best just to wait for clips to start showing up. It's at 2 hours in now.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Stream for anyone else interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZ_j_Tim08

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
WHY IS SEWELL EVEN HERE?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

BigDave posted:

P sure that was Nelson rather than David.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

You're not really missing a lot by not seeing it live. The Dems are trying to establish that Russia preferred Trump, they tried to get some details out of potential investigations that Trump colluded with Russia but got zilch, they then got confirmation that Obama didn't wiretap Trump, and they're essentially trying to kick up some more fuss over Trump campaign officials lying over poo poo they didn't really need to lie about.

The Republicans are basically going "BUT OBAMA/HILLARY WERE ALSO BAD" and muddying the waters with other bullshit.

The only relevant thing to come out of this for me so far is the on-the-record assurance that Trump's wiretapping claims are bullshit, and that Rogers in no uncertain means said that Trump throwing hissy-fits on Twitter and making GBS threads on allies damages our relationships with allies.

tl;dr: Two relevant things so far, the rest is people on both sides trying to grandstand while failing miserably.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hey guys, I'm going to accuse both of you of lying to your face. What do you have to say about that?

iverson
Apr 25, 2012

Godholio posted:

WHY IS SEWELL EVEN HERE?

It's pretty obvious that nobody here is expecting any real answers and this is about disseminating the respective arguments of either party. One being that, "hey look at all this hosed up poo poo that seems to point to grounds for an investigation," and the other being, "the real issue is these damned leaks and my wife's opinions on football teams (?)."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

She's not even making many "good" points for the record. King, as much of a blowhard as he is, is at least getting his point across. Sewell's point seems to be that she really likes CSI-type tv shows and that's the extent of her understanding of investigations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

She's not even making many "good" points for the record. King, as much of a blowhard as he is, is at least getting his point across. Sewell's point seems to be that she really likes CSI-type tv shows and that's the extent of her understanding of investigations.

I get what they're trying to do, but she did a poor job getting the point across.

King is rambling about leaks in a pretty disconnected way, though.

iverson
Apr 25, 2012
I can't underestimate the effect that has on the idiot swathes of the country who do think that arguments are made a la Dick Wolf.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Listening to Comey/Rogers is interesting. Listening to everyone else is not.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

King is gibbering like an idiot and Comey is just making GBS threads on him.

also, this:

facialimpediment posted:

Listening to Comey/Rogers is interesting. Listening to everyone else is not.

Edit: :lol: just officially requested Flynn's SF-86 to see if he properly disclosed his RT pay/travel.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 20, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: Show us the SF86!

I actually like that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

:lol: Show us the SF86!

I actually like that.

loving same. That's one of the highlights of this entire day. "How do we know that?" was another.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/843863057516380161

Behold: our blind, idiot king.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They're getting nervous

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Wouldn't him keeping his mouth shut be the best thing for his administration at this moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Theresa May will kick off Brexit next week on the 29th.

• Locked thread