Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
How old are Trunks, Goten and Marron meant to be at this point? They don't seem to do much by way of aging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

khwarezm posted:

How old are Trunks, Goten and Marron meant to be at this point? They don't seem to do much by way of aging.

Trunks should be like 12 or 13 and Goten should be 11 or 12.

e: Looking at the wiki Trunks is suppose to be ~14 when Bra is born.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

khwarezm posted:

Marron no clue. She's younger though.

Goten and Trunks are like, 14, 15?

They basically hit the point where they stopped aging until they turn 18.

Reminder, because this is easy to forget- Gohan, at his oldest, was only 11 or 12 when the Cell Saga was finished. The only reason we saw him noticeably change compared to Kid Goku and Trunks and Goten is because he was SO MUCH YOUNGER. Once you hit a certain size/age you stop growing until 18. That's why Gohan pretty much stopped changing after he hit 10 or so around the Android Saga, beyond his hair style and muscle size.

It's a weird thing but it is consistent.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Trunks and Goten are around 13, and growing at a typical Saiyan rate. Marron should be 7 years old, but still looks like the toddler she was in Buu Saga.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gohan was taller than either of them at 12 and was like 17 at the start of the buu saga

like 6 months have passed since buu died to the beginning of super. it's not consistent but it doesn't really matter much either

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gruckles posted:

Trunks and Goten are around 13, and growing at a typical Saiyan rate. Marron should be 7 years old, but still looks like the toddler she was in Buu Saga.
Maybe she inherited her father's dwarfism?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Gruckles posted:

Marron might age slower than a normal human if she inherited some of her mothers biological upgrades. (Since 18 ages slower than normal biologically.)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

I never thought of it that way. I like this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

tbp posted:

Plantin' ki trees

Yeah, this is mostly how I thought of it. Super Saiyan is nitro in the fuel that makes the engine and gas burn down faster. God ki and being a God opens a whole new world of control and mastery for Goku over raw strength, allowing him to use all kinds of old techniques together.

I dunno if he gets a next form like some say the title suggests. Like, maybe that's Kaioken x100 or something horrific. I wanna see the teamwork mostly.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Black August posted:

I dunno if he gets a next form like some say the title suggests. Like, maybe that's Kaioken x100 or something horrific. I wanna see the teamwork mostly.

He hinted at it this episode with the line about going beyond his limit. The narrative didn't get a literal Deus Ex Machina intervention with the Grand Priest halting the fight just to prevent us from seeing SSBKKx10 one more time. Either Goku knows he's about to hit another milestone, or he's feeling it in his gut.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Black August posted:

Well, that'd be fitting for Super's approach of canonizing every non-canon thing ever, in Toriyama's own, special way. Super Kaio-ken (Paikuhan filler) became Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken, so that being followed by Kaio-ken x100 (Lord Slug) would make perfect sense.

We had Turles last arc and we have Broly on this one, too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blaze Dragon posted:

We had Turles last arc and we have Broly on this one, too.

Don't forget Fruit of the Tree of Might became canon just a few episodes ago.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think I missed the Turles/Tree of Might references?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Dragon Balls turned some people into little kids, so this means GT is canon now and forever more.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

BizarroAzrael posted:

Buu's opponent got the fruit thrown to him by the rear end in a top hat Kai.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm not entirely sure how you missed the Turles reference, but...

You know, Evil Goku. Which I'd say was not intentional, but in the same episode Black appears, Goku is shown with a plantation of lettuce, when before that point he had radishes.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bardock turlas and black goku all walk into a bar

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Grandma Goku doing that thing where you wear 4 different costumes to trick-or-treat at the same house 4 times.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Kild posted:

Trunks should be like 12 or 13 and Goten should be 11 or 12.

e: Looking at the wiki Trunks is suppose to be ~14 when Bra is born.

Man at this point they should just pretend the gap between Cell and Buu was like four years instead of seven.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

Grandma Goku doing that thing where you wear 4 different costumes to trick-or-treat at the same house 4 times.

does that work if they're all the same costume with a different shirt

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Matoi Ryuko posted:

And the bartender is Captain Ginyu.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
If the grand priest can also turn back time, maybe something happened that only he knows about now and he was preventing it the second time around.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

sharktamer posted:

If the grand priest can also turn back time, maybe something happened that only he knows about now and he was preventing it the second time around.

This is a neat idea.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

khwarezm posted:

Man at this point they should just pretend the gap between Cell and Buu was like four years instead of seven.

Goku looked 8 until he was 18.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I don't know why everything thinks Goku is evil instead of just a super naive and turbo-retarded guy who just really likes fightin'

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I don't know why everything thinks Goku is evil instead of just a super naive and turbo-retarded guy who just really likes fightin'

I think it was when his response to being called evil was "Oh well I'm evil? Come hit me then"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku isn't evil but he is largely amoral. He fights people who are bad because they are fun to fight and jerks to his friends but he'd be just as happy to fight good people. He wouldn't do evil things to fight good people but he's perfectly happy to go be painted as the villain and fight with them though he doesn't get the full extent of that. Look at how he responded to Toppo. He genuinely thought afterwards they'd shake hands and be okay with one another.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've always thought of ki as the same way chakra is explained in Naruto. Everyone has a max amount, and using abilities expends it. Different forms make you stronger but you'll expend it at a faster rate. God ki could be the same as tailed beast chakra. There's a joke here something about Goku being a jinchuriki here but Naruto already beat me to that punchline.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Arrgytehpirate posted:

He keeps breaking out the Goku Black smirk/tone of voice. They're definitely building up to, or at least teasing, a massive heel turn from Goku, who doesn't care of some universes die so he can get an adrenaline boner.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Look at how he responded to Toppo. He genuinely thought afterwards they'd shake hands and be okay with one another.
The fact that Toppo would not treat the noble Son Goku with respect after a fierce battle in an honorable bout just shows that he is the true villain here.

:colbert:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

goku is naive and hyperfocused on punching, but he can still arguably be called evil as he is now because he never knows satisfaction and will pursue exciting battles at any cost. he literally has a fight buddy in whis/vegeta, who are respectively way stronger than him and roughly his strength, and he's bored enough that he has to seek new fights.

that means when the people who will fight him because they want to crush him (either for good or evil reasons) are gone, he will start trying to get those who won't fight him to start fighting, and i'm worried he'd get desperate enough to sink to some horrifying lows.

i think this arc is going to deal with that before goku sinks into villainy beyond threatening the multiverse though. i think he will have to deal with how his selfishness has hurt his friends and family, and hopefully he chooses to calm the gently caress down instead of hunting stronger fights for eternity

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

reignofevil posted:

The fact that Toppo would not treat the noble Son Goku with respect after a fierce battle in an honorable bout just shows that he is the true villain here.

:colbert:

Gohan didn't shake Cell's hand to congratulate him before vaporizing him. Who's the real monster??

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I missed the discussion of Super Saiyan power multiplers, but its fun to think that just by the numbers at least, SSj1 Raditz will still only be in the Nail/Recoome/Potential Unlock Krillin neighborhood. Not so strong at all.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Where were the Pride Troopers when Black killed all the gods?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

dr.acula posted:

Where were the Pride Troopers when Black killed all the gods?

In both another universe and another timeline.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Black said he went around to all the Universes and killed all the Kai's though

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah I bet the Kais had time to go find the Pride Troopers and then that the Pride Troopers can cross dimensions once Black fucks off to another one

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Well what the hell are they doing if they aren't preparing for situations like this. They also seemed to be pretty close to their gods in terms of knowing them pretty well.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

dr.acula posted:

Well what the hell are they doing if they aren't preparing for situations like this. They also seemed to be pretty close to their gods in terms of knowing them pretty well.

They might have just been murdered by Black on the spot? Like, ultimately Black lost due to a technicality/interference from Zeno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I mean, zamasu was a god and could just say "hey let's hang out" to whatever kai and off him in complete safety, then leave. it's not like anyone but kais can follow another kai; they have that teleport thing after all

deadly_pudding posted:

They might have just been murdered by Black on the spot? Like, ultimately Black lost due to a technicality/interference from Zeno.

black was weaker than goku at that point

• Locked thread