Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

kordansk posted:

Hey can I get an invite to the goonman group?

Post a thread in GBS about it and hand over the required amount of skins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kordansk posted:

Hey can I get an invite to the goonman group?

turn back traveller

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Sub.io thread in private servers

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

mcvey posted:

Post a thread in GBS about it and hand over the required amount of skins

We the Eve thread now? :)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Someone went through the menu flash files and found the map group icon for the next Operation.

de_thrill, cs_agency, de_shipped, de_lite, de_blackgold, de_austria, cs_insertion

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Fuckkk I want a new operation so bad, loved the co-op one (last time?).

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there any reason I wouldn't prestige when my profile level gets to 40? What happens if you go to what would be 41

Also Canals is terrible

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

The Kins posted:

Someone went through the menu flash files and found the map group icon for the next Operation.

de_thrill, cs_agency, de_shipped, de_lite, de_blackgold, de_austria, cs_insertion

No Tulip? :/

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there any reason I wouldn't prestige when my profile level gets to 40? What happens if you go to what would be 41

Also Canals is terrible

I dunno if it changed but I seem to remember it dropping you back to level 1 (obviously) so you have to rank up to play competitive again.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
that is wrong

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/5zwtn1/psa_when_unsubscribing_from_workshop_maps_they/

i don't see how this could boost FPS but it may help some of you guys clean up your hard drives

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

stump collector posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/5zwtn1/psa_when_unsubscribing_from_workshop_maps_they/

i don't see how this could boost FPS but it may help some of you guys clean up your hard drives

I was skepticle at first,

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Diqnol posted:

I was skepticle at first,

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Big L posted:

I dunno if it changed but I seem to remember it dropping you back to level 1 (obviously) so you have to rank up to play competitive again.

you prestige back to rank 1 with a fancy new badge but you can still play comp and prime

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

Oh man I love agency. Too bad zoo isn't there but it's a solid group and I hope it comes out soon.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Jymmybob posted:

Oh man I love agency. Too bad zoo isn't there but it's a solid group and I hope it comes out soon.

-de_lite
+de_zoo

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Suran37 posted:

-de_lite
+de_zoo

Wtf
Let's throw out old good proven comp map for poo poo tier blower map

stump collector
May 28, 2007
de_lite feels like a good hybrid of season and fire

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

If yall want to play a bad map so desperately just load up canals.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

mcvey posted:

Wtf
Let's throw out old good proven comp map for poo poo tier blower map

Fine get rid of insertion then, just gimme my zoo back!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Canals is loving TRASH.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Suran37 posted:

Fine get rid of insertion then, just gimme my zoo back!

I really wish someone would take the mechanics/idea of cs_insertion and make a better map out of them. It's got an original rainbow6 vibe going for it and I ENJOY THAT.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Downtown with insertion mechanics could be fun. Get some people up on the roof and coming through the back and that could be a fun time.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Did de_cpl_mill ever make it back into a standard map pool since 1.5?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

A version of Mill(mill_ce) was played early on in GO leagues but was dropped when more maps were made available.

A new version of mill came out later(calr_mill) but wasn't picked up by any leagues. Too bad because we play it on subio and it's pretty good.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

A version of Mill(mill_ce) was played early on in GO leagues but was dropped when more maps were made available.

A new version of mill came out later(calr_mill) but wasn't picked up by any leagues. Too bad because we play it on subio and it's pretty good.

:agreed:

calr_mill is one of my favorite goonman maps

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

gonna try this when I get home

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I'm real sad that there is no prodigy in the new operation, after people got my hopes up in discord. I miss prodigy, it was a good bad map.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Are there settings that reduce haze in this game? I have a hard time seeing brown shirted Ts against brown hazy backgrounds.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdM8QjCDclo

The Ferret King posted:

Are there settings that reduce haze in this game? I have a hard time seeing brown shirted Ts against brown hazy backgrounds.

gamer glasses

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

have you tried 800x600?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Digital vibrance to 100%

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
There were some good clips in there. Nice job!

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
I made a goony compilation of goon frags.

https://youtu.be/eH7kWZj4SpI

Anyone else make frag videos? This is insanely fun and i want to learn more about editing clips like this to make them easier to parse while still being fun to watch

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Phosphene posted:

I made a goony compilation of goon frags.

https://youtu.be/eH7kWZj4SpI

Anyone else make frag videos? This is insanely fun and i want to learn more about editing clips like this to make them easier to parse while still being fun to watch

I don't make frag videos but I do edit quite a bit of non-frag video, if you're looking for advice I'd say remember that anyone watching these videos in the first place probably already has an appreciation for watching CS. So in some places it looked like you wanted to add some effects/fades or speed up the action where you should be letting the game speak for itself, imo (you can also use the in-game gunshot sounds for emphasis on kills). Related to this, I think you should always include the crosshair in frag videos. I think there are also some readability issues with the text overlays but you can probably take care of that just by adding some drop shadow.

On the topic of audio - it's clear to me that in certain places you wanted to edit to the music, but I thought that took away from the overall quality of the video in certain spots because it didn't quite work - for example in the last clip you slowed it down so that the last shot hits with music beat but the result is this kind of slo-mo lingering on top of the bomb that just feels a bit off. I love editing clips to fit the music so I get it, but sometimes it just doesn't quite work the way you want it to, so don't sacrifice quality just to hit a beat.

I think you do a good job with the "photography" aspect and sprinkling in the third-person shots - you could consider using some of that to break up the monotony of long breaks in the action when you're showing someone's play, for example in the Swift clip you show him running to graveyard and then just sitting there for a while doing nothing. Instead of speeding that up or just letting it go you could also switch to another shot and then back to cut away a bunch of that idle time (8 minutes is on the long side for total length).

There's also an element of "flow" to editing that I think you'll have more fun experimenting with as you go - different structures for presenting the clips; assembling clips of varying length with different types of action and then selecting music to put it together as an audio/visual story - a big part of that is just accumulating a lot more source material to work with (for example you want some clips that are good fast 3-4k rounds, clips of good individual flick shots, as well as longer rounds of good plays that are aces or clutches). I'd recommend keeping all of these clips that you're using for practice and I think you'll find it a lot more fun to edit when you have more to choose from down the line. But obviously it's also good to practice with what you have and you definitely did a good job especially considering you're new to it.

e: I didn't mean to come off too critical I really think you did a good job I promise

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 20, 2017

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
It's like when I have sex with women
They tell me good job way to try your best gold star effort

Oh who am I kidding I don't ever have sex

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No spiros 0/10 but also that video harkens me back to cal forum team hype videos, good work

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

real dilemma posted:

I don't make frag videos but I do edit quite a bit of non-frag video, if you're looking for advice I'd say remember that anyone watching these videos in the first place probably already has an appreciation for watching CS. So in some places it looked like you wanted to add some effects/fades or speed up the action where you should be letting the game speak for itself, imo (you can also use the in-game gunshot sounds for emphasis on kills). Related to this, I think you should always include the crosshair in frag videos. I think there are also some readability issues with the text overlays but you can probably take care of that just by adding some drop shadow.

On the topic of audio - it's clear to me that in certain places you wanted to edit to the music, but I thought that took away from the overall quality of the video in certain spots because it didn't quite work - for example in the last clip you slowed it down so that the last shot hits with music beat but the result is this kind of slo-mo lingering on top of the bomb that just feels a bit off. I love editing clips to fit the music so I get it, but sometimes it just doesn't quite work the way you want it to, so don't sacrifice quality just to hit a beat.

I think you do a good job with the "photography" aspect and sprinkling in the third-person shots - you could consider using some of that to break up the monotony of long breaks in the action when you're showing someone's play, for example in the Swift clip you show him running to graveyard and then just sitting there for a while doing nothing. Instead of speeding that up or just letting it go you could also switch to another shot and then back to cut away a bunch of that idle time (8 minutes is on the long side for total length).

There's also an element of "flow" to editing that I think you'll have more fun experimenting with as you go - different structures for presenting the clips; assembling clips of varying length with different types of action and then selecting music to put it together as an audio/visual story - a big part of that is just accumulating a lot more source material to work with (for example you want some clips that are good fast 3-4k rounds, clips of good individual flick shots, as well as longer rounds of good plays that are aces or clutches). I'd recommend keeping all of these clips that you're using for practice and I think you'll find it a lot more fun to edit when you have more to choose from down the line. But obviously it's also good to practice with what you have and you definitely did a good job especially considering you're new to it.

e: I didn't mean to come off too critical I really think you did a good job I promise

This is actually exactly what i was looking for. I'm not sure why i didn't include the crosshair. I've been watching a lot of csgo vids that don't have it. I think i was focusing more on the kill than crosshair placement.

There is a lot of dead space i really should have cleaned up. I just wasn't sure how to manage the change from place to place without just showing them running there. The third person/following camera thing is probably what i should have done.

And yeah i didn't have anything saved so i just begged goons for clips. Some were better than others.

Thanks for the effortpost i really mean it.

E: i was so focused on making everything fit the music i did butcher quite a few kills.

Diqnol posted:

No spiros 0/10 but also that video harkens me back to cal forum team hype videos, good work

I remember these videos. Oh god.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Diqnol posted:

The one by Hard Clan was the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

A TURGID FATSO posted:

The one by Hard Clan was the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYT14fEF8Y8