Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Papercut posted:

The craziest thing about the Plumlee trade to me is that for some reason Nurkic and Noah Vonleh have great chemistry and Nurkic has basically resuscitated Vonleh's career prospects.

Vonleh playing way better and Leonard hardly coming off the bench are the two best byproducts of the Nurkic trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
From the few clips I've seen, nurkic is an actual threat to finish at the rim.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Metapod posted:

Lol at the warriors telling okc they didn't like how they treated kd on his first return

It's kind of ridiculous for the Warriors to think this. Of course OKC fans and the organization are going to be pissed at the fact that KD abandoned them to join the team that just beat them after taking a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference Finals.

I also don't remember the Heat publicly complaining about the Cavs management or ownership after the way Lebron was treated in his December 2010 return to Cleveland (or even after that silly Dan Gilbert letter).

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

zelah posted:

Vonleh playing way better and Leonard hardly coming off the bench are the two best byproducts of the Nurkic trade.

The crazy thing is they can probably get a rotation player for him

e: for leonard

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

Sources say the Warriors were of the mindset that someone from ownership or management should have addressed the media on Durant's behalf to help ease the tension upon his return.

The feeling is that Durant should have been acknowledged or thanked, in a news conference setting, for his nine years of excellent service.

The Warriors were of the mindset that someone from Thunder ownership or management should have addressed the media on Durant's behalf to help ease the tension upon his return. Ezra Shaw/Getty Images
The Warriors' belief, according to sources, is that the Thunder's silence contributed to the raw emotions, outrage and indignation that created an unsettling, hostile atmosphere for a player many consider to be the franchise's all-time best.

Jesus christ that is the softest poo poo

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Declan MacManus posted:

Explain how.

And forward that explanation for Neil Olshey

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

Leonard is pretty tall, I must admit

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

The brock effect

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

leftist heap posted:

Jesus christ that is the softest poo poo

The Warriors are a combination of dorks, try hards, and baby men. Klay Thompson is the likable stoner.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Klay Thompson is not likeable, actually

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I wish my team was filled with tryhards

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

This, more than anything, makes me want to know which team you work for. Alas.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

dokmo posted:

WHAT IS YOUR TEAM

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

ihatepants posted:

It's kind of ridiculous for the Warriors to think this. Of course OKC fans and the organization are going to be pissed at the fact that KD abandoned them to join the team that just beat them after taking a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference Finals.

I also don't remember the Heat publicly complaining about the Cavs management or ownership after the way Lebron was treated in his December 2010 return to Cleveland (or even after that silly Dan Gilbert letter).

It is not ridiculous, a raper's only defense is always she asked for it.

that gsw sees themselves as needing to defend themselves is interesting,i think its cause they got small dicks, thus lack confidence.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

dokmo posted:

He doesn't mean on the court but I'm sorry for your life problems

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DeimosRising posted:

He doesn't mean on the court but I'm sorry for your life problems

:xd:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Femur posted:

It is not ridiculous, a raper's only defense is always she asked for it.

that's your first thought?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
LeBron's block really destroyed the Warriors psyche lmao

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

cravius posted:

LeBron's block really destroyed the Warriors psyche lmao

Yes. They literally complained and whined that the Knicks didn't play music for a whole half of basketball.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Klay Thompson is not likeable, actually

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

cravius posted:

Curry's shoes really destroyed the Warriors psyche lmao

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Joe Lacob is really instilling Silicon Valley techbro values into the Warriors.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kevin Hart destroyed the warriors

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Guard
RobCo
Simmons
Saric
Embiid

That looks alright

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gentlemen the Wall Street Journal is a menace and must be destroyed

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/843860696676876289

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Little known fact about the Warriors: since the 2013 playoffs, most of the teams they have played/beat were dealing with injuries.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Little known fact about the Warriors: since the 2013 playoffs, most of the teams they have played/beat were dealing with injuries.

How many teams are actually healthy in the playoffs?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Guard
RobCo
Simmons
Saric
Embiid

That looks alright
9 man rotation

Ball/Fultz/Ntilikina
A kidnapped KCP
RoCo
Simmons
Embiid
------------
TJ
TLC
Dario
Holmes

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I knew that fact. They had the easiest run in 2015. Mostly the other teams starting point guard.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Guard
RobCo
Simmons
Saric
Embiid

That looks alright

Id make Saric the second team facilitator and maybe have him close games with Simmons.

The guard there is Jerryd Bayless at least to start the year.

So

Bayless
Darft pick
Covington
Simmons (playing PG on offense)
embiid

Saric first off bench and getting 28+ mins a game

That's what I'd do. Who knows tho.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

How many teams are actually healthy in the playoffs?

of the contenders? usually all of them

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Tae posted:

that's your first thought?

for what gsw did to okc or how I would defend raping? The latter cause it's true from all these rape cases, like rose, its just he said she said? You achieve this by discrediting your victim. bringing us to the former, why gsw feels the need to discredit OKC. cause it feels it did something wrong?

what's the problem? if gsw feels it was theft, they would just fall back on FA defense, not actively attack okc fans, and westbrook in particular.

The narrative from GSW is very clear, and their reasoning is obviojs.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What the hell

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ihatepants posted:

I just read some puff piece that started off about how the Warriors are being stupid and then quickly turned into some crap about how amazing the Golden State fanbase is with all their players, past and present, which then took another super :smug: turn about how Bay Area residents have so much other things going on their life and how they don't tie their identity in with a basketball team like OKC does.

All it did was reaffirm my position that both Bay Area teams and people are the worst.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
In this week's edition of "The Warriors Misdirected Anger Stemming from Blowing a 3-1 Lead in the NBA Finals" we have some poo poo about kevin durant and oklahoma city.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there a list of things the Warriors have complained about or claimed disrespect from this season? Off the top of my head I can think of Knicks having no music, OKC not telling their fans to be nice to Durant, Livingston claiming people call them soft due to light skin, Draymond claiming they call techs on him too quickly, Iggy claiming JaVale is better than players that got max deals over the summer, Klay complaining about cookies at LeBron's Halloween party, Draymond saying (on Halloween) teams this season are playing them too physical in order to punk them, and an anonymous Warrior claiming they have bigger problems than basketball. I feel like I'm missing multiple things.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 20, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

zoux posted:

Gentlemen the Wall Street Journal is a menace and must be destroyed

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/843860696676876289

That is an amazing pun.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Oh gently caress I didn't notice the Spud Webb reference at first

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Are the 2016-2017 Warriors the least likable team in NBA history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

leftist heap posted:

Explain how.

And forward that explanation for Neil Olshey

well this:

Doltos posted:

and also he's only 25 and has shown some range. Everybody's looking for the next Brad Miller obvs

• Locked thread