Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Are the 2016-2017 Warriors the least likable team in NBA history?

did the 2008 celtics suddenly stop existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
That story was clearly planted by the cavs or the thunder to make people dislike the Warriors even more.

lol

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Funny how they went people calling them the most likable team in NBA history to this in less than a year. And I agree, so long as we don't pretend that the Spurs are in any way likable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kibner posted:

That is an amazing pun.

Yam dunk is unforgivable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The 2010 heat team got just as much if not worse hate because espn, when they were more relevant, fired all the heat bloggers and put a dedicated page for that team.

Nothing the warriors do this year has topped spoelstra bump gate and "pull the rope."

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Tae posted:

The 2010 heat team got just as much if not worse hate because espn, when they were more relevant, fired all the heat bloggers and put a dedicated page for that team.

Nothing the warriors do this year has topped spoelstra bump gate and "pull the rope."

hold the rope

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

did the 2008 celtics suddenly stop existing

That team had KG and Tony Allen extremely likable imo

Artic Puma posted:

That story was clearly planted by the cavs or the thunder to make people dislike the Warriors even more.

lol

Having teams try to sabotage eachothers image with outlandish tales would be amazing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How can I forget that one game when spoelstra mentioned that some of the players cried after losing a game?

Warrior hate ain't got nothing after not 1...not 2....not 3...

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Well, we have the team that literally jumped into the stands and beat up paying fans, but it's close.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Metapod posted:

That team had KG and Tony Allen extremely likable imo

KG only picking on small players or non-all star level foreign players isn't likeable. That's being a bully.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Tony Allen, Leon Powe, and I guess Kendrick's solid commitment to mean mugging were the only likable things about that team

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

All of them deciding that Ray Allen is an unperson is also lovely

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Declan MacManus posted:

well this:

and also he's only 25 and has shown some range. Everybody's looking for the next Brad Miller obvs

Does he have brad miller's slow mo drive game?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Yesterday the Suns had 8 players available and something called "Jarell Eddie" played 29 minutes. Rookie PG Tyler Ulis played 43 minutes. They're really gunning for that #1 pick

Look at this starting lineup

PG Tyler Ulis
SG Derrick Jones Jr.
SF TJ Warren
PF Marquese Chriss
C Alex Len

This team was actually leading 65-53 in the third quarter lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i like how Embiid being good gave half the league green lights to tank like crazy

next GM opening probably gets offered to Hinkie right?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Lockback posted:

Well, we have the team that literally jumped into the stands and beat up paying fans, but it's close.

Actually that was awesome and not unlikable at all.

Jermaine O'Neal nearly killing that fan with a Falcon Punch is one of my favorite NBA moments ever

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Declan MacManus posted:

Tony Allen, Leon Powe, and I guess Kendrick's solid commitment to mean mugging were the only likable things about that team

Don't forget Eddie House.

I have a framed picture of Leon Powe dunking on Pau Gasol hanging in my living room. :allears: I also have his jersey and he signed it for me when he was on the Cavs. Leon Powe was awesome.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
08 Celtics are going to celebrate their title without Ray Allen. https://theundefeated.com/features/rajon-rondo-boston-celtics-ray-allen/?ex_cid=story-twitter Real likeable.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

KG and Paul Pierce own, sorry. Rondo is human garbage.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

Is there a list of things the Warriors have complained about or claimed disrespect from this season? Off the top of my head I can think of Knicks having no music, OKC not telling their fans to be nice to Durant, Livingston claiming people call them soft due to light skin, Draymond claiming they call techs on him too quickly, Iggy claiming JaVale is better than players that got max deals over the summer, Klay complaining about cookies at LeBron's Halloween party, Draymond saying (on Halloween) teams this season are playing them too physical in order to punk them, and an anonymous Warrior claiming they have bigger problems than basketball. I feel like I'm missing multiple things.

well outside your restrictions but "I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money... Or ratings in not sure which. I won't be silent . Just saw it live sry."

But c'mon be fair it's not like they're just on the giving end of complaining. It was right at the beginning of this season that they had a 15 page complaint filed against them because their official team app was built to spy on everyone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

i like how Embiid being good gave half the league green lights to tank like crazy

Would think he gets an interview in NO, PHO or ORL if they open up.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

It probably did, but I'm not sure using the Philly/Embiid example is such a good idea. Embiid is back to where he was before this season started - full of potential, unlikely to ever capitalize on it. I Imagine it's been bittersweet for 76er's fans to have watched this really good exciting young guy for (less than) half a season, only to see him go down again and again. He's played 31 games in the 3 years since he's been drafted. Being real good in those 31 games almost makes it worse - knowing you have a great player, but also knowing he's likely to medically retire in another year ;(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The B_36 posted:

It probably did, but I'm not sure using the Philly/Embiid example is such a good idea. Embiid is back to where he was before this season started - full of potential, unlikely to ever capitalize on it. I Imagine it's been bittersweet for 76er's fans to have watched this really good exciting young guy for (less than) half a season, only to see him go down again and again. He's played 31 games in the 3 years since he's been drafted. Being real good in those 31 games almost makes it worse - knowing you have a great player, but also knowing he's likely to medically retire in another year ;(

I dont feel like that at all. Its a meniscus. His feet and back are fine.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Funny how they went people calling them the most likable team in NBA history to this in less than a year. And I agree, so long as we don't pretend that the Spurs are in any way likable.

the spurs rule what are you talking about you jerk

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
All this hatable team talk and nobody has mentioned the bad boy pistons. gently caress Bill Laimbeer

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
You guys missed the most important news.

That's right, on April 6th the Hawks will be holding their third annual Tinder themed

SWIPE

RIGHT

NIGHT

Featuring Atlanta born music superstar Monica!

IT'S GONNA BE LIT FAM posted:

Whether Hawks fans are looking to meet new friends or make a possible love connection, the night will offer several opportunities, including the “Swipe Right” lounge, presented by Bud Light, where Tinder users can turn on-line interest into real-world interaction. Guests who are 21 and up, can access the lounge by showing their Tinder profile via the mobile app on their smartphones. Bud Light will provide complimentary beverages, branded merchandise and more to make the private suite the hub for a great night out with acquaintances old and new.

The Hawks are encouraging everyone to get to the game early for the chance to get upgraded and see Monica’s performance up close from the players bench. The team will be giving the VIP experience to a lucky few who check into the Swipe Right lounge during the first half of the game.

HOTLANTA MAN will of course be reporting live from the arena.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Will Monica be swiping right on people on Tinder?

EDIT: Oh wait she's married probably not

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

They had me up until "complimentary beverages provided by Bud Light"

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Femur posted:

for what gsw did to okc or how I would defend raping? The latter cause it's true from all these rape cases, like rose, its just he said she said? You achieve this by discrediting your victim. bringing us to the former, why gsw feels the need to discredit OKC. cause it feels it did something wrong?

Your brain is broke dude. Gsw did nothing to okc. They are merely the team Kevin Durant wanted to play for rather than sign a new deal with your team. If you must discuss this in terms of relationships (which is a real bad idea) you are (much like current warrior Matt Barnes has been known to do) blaming others for your inadequacy as a partner and insisting that your ex had no right to leave for their new love. It's you, you are the one expressing horrible rapey ideas.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Femur posted:

for what gsw did to okc or how I would defend raping? The latter cause it's true from all these rape cases, like rose, its just he said she said? You achieve this by discrediting your victim. bringing us to the former, why gsw feels the need to discredit OKC. cause it feels it did something wrong?

what's the problem? if gsw feels it was theft, they would just fall back on FA defense, not actively attack okc fans, and westbrook in particular.

The narrative from GSW is very clear, and their reasoning is obviojs.

Stop trying to think, it's disastrous.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

That's right, on April 6th the Hawks will be holding their third annual Tinder themed

SWIPE

RIGHT

NIGHT

I stand with Hotlanta Man.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

SWIPE

RIGHT

NIGHT

This has become my favorite annual N/V event

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

there will never be a more headass event than Swipe Right Night and I am here for it. more NBA arenas need to do fun stuff like that for the fans

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Yesterday the Suns had 8 players available and something called "Jarell Eddie" played 29 minutes. Rookie PG Tyler Ulis played 43 minutes. They're really gunning for that #1 pick

Look at this starting lineup

PG Tyler Ulis
SG Derrick Jones Jr.
SF TJ Warren
PF Marquese Chriss
C Alex Len

This team was actually leading 65-53 in the third quarter lol

New Jersey is at the point now where they could all of a sudden start playing .500 basketball and still keep the worst record in the league. The Suns could catch the Lakers fairly realistically (magic number for the Lakers to have a worse record than the Suns is 11, but there are 12 games to go) although Corey Brewer is like a motherfuckin panzer tank.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

SWIPE

RIGHT

NIGHT

Will you be live-tweeting as well?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

pubic works project posted:

Will you be live-tweeting as well?

Of course

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

The B_36 posted:

Nah, that's an overly pessimistic memory of what the situation with him before this season. Back in the summer it was "has a lot of potential, but no idea if he will literally ever play an NBA game". Now it is "literally could be in the hall of fame in 20 years time, but is going to have to be carefully managed". The fact that his current injury is a meniscus tear and not a recurrence of his foot injury or the back fracture he had in college is both a positive and a negative - positive in that it is not obviously some chronic issue that is going to ruin his career guaranteed, but negative because he seems like a guy that is just going to get dinged up a lot. On balance I think it is more on the positive side.

The worst thing for Philly is that Embiid now has three years of his rookie deal completed for half a season of games. But then if he played as a rookie onwards they probably wouldn't have been able to land Simmons. Although Simmons has also been injured and there are questions about how good he could be. But then if Simmons had played this season then they probably won't have been able to land Jackson/Ball/Monk/Tatum...

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 20, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

You are a warrior-scholar.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yes. But like 95% of that is just from Draymond Green. Then Durant is the other 5%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Tae posted:

I really miss Chris Bosh photobombing. When he retires the NBA should hire him to do it full-time.

• Locked thread