Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

My wife watches anime almost literally every day on Crunchyroll and doesn't like a single show that has gross stuff. She just sticks to cute things like Chi (which is, in fact, the cutest thing) or kids' shows like Card Captor.

That looks cute af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

precision posted:

Wait seriously?! Boatface was my jam. MY JAM! I'm not even kidding. That one I posted was basically a ripoff of "My parents named me Autumn, but now I'm loving awesome" or whatever it was, with the line "cable knit sweater yo, he better be hetero" lol

Yeah I made the comic "Boatface is From The Future". I also had my own webcomic at one time but lol if you think I am gonna post here about it. I am not creative anymore.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I thought that dragon maid anime was like 100% titties, how is it pedo bait

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watch Ping Pong Girls :twisted:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
wait can we now call out (some) anime for being clearly designed for/by closet pedos in these forums without getting poo poo on by 500 Defenders of Anime?

that's a pretty neat development, cowcaster is on the mark when he says that these forums have attracted people who enjoy media that sexualizes children to an unusual degree in the past, it's hard to tell who is being ironic and who is legitimately into cartoon children, and i've always been surprised/disappointed by the hordes of posters who think they are being "cute" by publicly owning their cartoon fetishes

this doesn't really seem like the best place to harbor that kind of culture, given how many corners of the internet are already dedicated to cartoon fantasies for sadbrains

E: also you might be really bad at context if you don't know what people mean when they say that something is too "anime," don't be a stereotype yo

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 20, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

tap my mountain posted:

It's even more insufferable when people use the term anime as a negative for something that doesn't have any of the bad anime tropes

is sexy battle android in a revealing french maid costume a bad anime trope?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

is sexy battle android in a revealing french maid costume a bad anime trope?

No it's a good one. :)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is it a male or female sexy battle bot? Or neither?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My hot take is that 2B's outfit is pretty tame all told and treating it as some sort of total dealbreaker that means anyone who plays the game is an anime sex pervert is dumb

Thank you for reading

Jay Rust posted:

Is it a male or female sexy battle bot? Or neither?

The sexy battle bot in question looks female, but there are also male-looking sexy battle bots, one of whom shows up totally nude the first time you see him and spends the rest of the game after wearing only tight pants and no shirt

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

wait can we now call out (some) anime for being clearly designed for/by closet pedos in these forums without getting poo poo on by 500 Defenders of Anime?

that's a pretty neat development, cowcaster is on the mark when he says that these forums have attracted people who enjoy media that sexualizes children to an unusual degree in the past, it's hard to tell who is being ironic and who is legitimately into cartoon children, and i've always been surprised/disappointed by the hordes of posters who think they are being "cute" by publicly owning their cartoon fetishes

this doesn't really seem like the best place to harbor that kind of culture, given how many corners of the internet are already dedicated to cartoon fantasies for sadbrains

Have any people have actually defended sexualizing children in this thread or are you just tilting at windmills?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Harrow posted:

The sexy battle bot in question looks female, but there are also male-looking sexy battle bots, one of whom shows up totally nude the first time you see him and spends the rest of the game after wearing only tight pants and no shirt

Eve is actually the best character other than Pascal.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bartender is a really good anime thanks for reading

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

precision posted:

Bartender is a really good anime thanks for reading

Bart Ender

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Andrast posted:

Have any people have actually defended sexualizing children in this thread or are you just tilting at windmills?

no one has flat out come out to say "I defend the sexualization of children" if that's what you're asking

but posters' tolerance in these forums for pedobait, and in contrast their intolerance to anyone who doesn't "get" anime or their waifu jokes (as well as the great cleansing of the closet pedos that occurred a few years back), is something that I've noticed over the years and is very telling of the kind of culture we've had here for a while

I'm hardly the first person to raise this point, hence the constant "anime sux u creep" "no u sux stupid hillbilly" argument cycle that has been present for 5+ years

I usually get a lot of vitrol for thinking that it is loving creepy for adults to follow anime featuring poo poo like little girls running around in bikinins, so it's nice to hear a few other voices echoing these sentiments

gently caress off with that poo poo to somewhere else

E: I do like anime that is cool and good, I'm just not tone-deaf enough to ignore the god-awful trends aimed at tapping into the sexually frustrated, and the fact that these trends feature characters who look overly young is gross as gently caress

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 20, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Nina posted:

Eve is actually the best character other than Pascal.

Pascal is great and I'm worried that Taro is going to use him to break my heart later. I thought he was going to die at the suicide cult place for sure

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KingSlime posted:

no one has flat out come out to say "I defend the sexualization of children" if that's what you're asking

but posters' tolerance in these forums for pedobait, and in contrast their intolerance to anyone who doesn't "get" anime or their waifu jokes (as well as the great cleansing of the closet pedos that occurred a few years back), is something that I've noticed over the years and is very telling of the kind of culture we've had here for a while

I'm hardly the first person to raise this point, hence the constant "anime sux u creep" "no u sux stupid hillbilly" argument cycle that has been present for 5+ years

I usually get a lot of vitrol for thinking that it is loving creepy for adults to follow anime featuring poo poo like little girls running around in bikinins, so it's nice to hear a few other voices echoing these sentiments

E: I do like anime that is cool and good, I'm just not tone-deaf enough to ignore the god-awful trends aimed at tapping into the sexually frustrated, and the fact that these trends feature characters who look overly young is gross as gently caress

Nice meltdown

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want Nintendo to make a new Metroid game please. I think they proved people still want exploration-based games with Breath of the Wild so I would very much like a new Metroid next, thanks. It can be side-scrolling or first-person Prime style, both are good.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
oh yeah I am just melting with raaaaage over here in my AC cooled office, guy with an anime girl on his avatar

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

MFW I read this thread during another straw man-infested slapfight

https://i.imgur.com/XLCgfMd.gifv

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
There's a lot of anime that romanticizes high school, which is fine if a bit wistful. There's also a lot of anime that sexualizes high school girls, and that's weird

That's my opinion, and I hope we can continue this discourse in a reasonable tone

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Nice, can't melt down due to the powerful office ac unit. game set match

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

I want Nintendo to make a new Metroid game please. I think they proved people still want exploration-based games with Breath of the Wild so I would very much like a new Metroid next, thanks. It can be side-scrolling or first-person Prime style, both are good.

Yarn/clay Kirby...wool Yoshi...paper Mario...c-cardboard Samus?!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Harrow posted:

Have you played AM2R? It's really good and will scratch that itch until Nintendo releases another good Metroid game.

which will be never, so go nuts

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

KingSlime posted:

This 100%

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Harrow posted:

They did make another Metroid! It is called Metroid: federation Force and Nintendo believes very strongly in their product!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Yarn/clay Kirby...wool Yoshi...paper Mario...c-cardboard Samus?!

Craft store metroid and 2D zelda would be bananas

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nice meltdown

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Mass Effect 5 looking good.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Palpek posted:

:catstare:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I thought my post wasn't too unreasonable in tone, if you see that as a "melt down", you're 100% reinforcing my point you weirdos

It's not that emotionally taxing to write out an opinion on the internet guys, particularly when it involves something as universally disliked as the sexualization of young characters in media

you're the ones that are not normal is what i'm trying to get you to understand

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Nice meltdown

How old is the character in your avatar?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Have you played AM2R? It's really good and will scratch that itch until Nintendo releases another good Metroid game.

which will be never, so go nuts

Not yet! I should do that.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

They did make another Metroid! It is called Metroid: federation Force and Nintendo believes very strongly in their product!

:negative:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

KingSlime posted:

I thought my post wasn't too unreasonable in tone, if you see that as a "melt down", you're 100% reinforcing my point you weirdos

It's not that emotionally taxing to write out an opinion on the internet guys, particularly when it involves something as universally disliked as the sexualization of young characters in media

Its a meme, definitely not tone deaf guy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

KingSlime posted:

I mean it was pretty strawman filled so it's not hard to see how it could be viewed as a meltdown.

I don't disagree that the sexualization of young girls in anime is messed up. But I don't agree with your assertion that there is some scourge of people on this forum who are into the gross stuff you claim they are.

Also it was funny

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Harrow posted:

Not yet! I should do that.

:negative:

the next good upcoming metroid game is bloodstained btw

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
oh cool, well it's really hard to tell who's being ironic and who isn't when it comes to Defending Creepy Anime, it's one of the key points I made in my post

I mean the first reply has a little girl anime avatar so guilty as charged, the "sick meme" went over my head

E: Maybe a "scourge" is an exaggeration, an unusual tolerance might be a more accurate term

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No one is defending creepy anime

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

the next good upcoming metroid game is bloodstained btw

Really looking forward to that but it's so far away :smith:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Palpek posted:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh real monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka is a good poster so I would recommend viewing people as individuals rather than making sweeping assumptions and generalizations

• Locked thread