Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Glenn Quebec posted:

Yen was a tiny crippled hunchback much like Ryder make u think

No wizard magic to cure Shorty_Ryder's autism/downs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Plavski posted:

thanks to this thread i just bought nier. gonna be back in here when this game hits sales tho as for all the hate, i still love me some mass effect. enjoy the game people. see u on the other side

7000000 yen has been deposited in my account

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

widespread posted:

Micro transactions are the future, duh. Long as there's an outlet for doing dumb things with your wad, people will do dumb things.

What's funny is, IW and MWR actually have a solid plan for Micros: let whales blow their money on 1000 crate openings while sane people just pop open a crate every now and then. Then everyone gets currency to get what they want in the end.

I get the feeling Andromeda has a risk of running micros since there is an MP component.

They already had those randomized packs in 3. You could buy them with in-game credits (and if you dumped enough time in the game you'd eventually unlock everything) but there was a lot of poo poo to grind through and lots of useful one-time-use items to incentivize using real money.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

exquisite tea posted:

Bioware has got to be reeling that Overwatch swooped in and captured 95% of the video game waifu market virtually overnight.

I WOULD HAVE SEX WITH ALL THIS OVERWATCH!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

If ME:A's bugs were this incredible, they might actually end up boosting sales.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
triss boy here, yens had her chance

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

widespread posted:

Long as there's an outlet for doing dumb things with your wad
The Witcher and Mass Effect series have always been about doing dumb things with your wad

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Much like the series itself, the thread titles get worse with every iteration.

:colbert:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Much like the series itself, the thread titles get worse with every iteration.

:colbert:
I'm taking suggestions now, please go ahead.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Oh lord I missed the thread title change. You can't get away from the drat Witchercucks!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mass Effect Andromeda: Animated by An Dromedary

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Grondoth posted:

I guess you aren't familiar with ME3. Buying crates to randomly get new characters or good stuff was in that. I feel like it was pretty early on that, too.

I actually haven't even touched ME3. Yet. But yeah, Bioware's probably gonna go from "yeah you can buy this dumb poo poo for the better mode" to "please buy our dumb poo poo for this mode we need the :10bux:".

UnknownMercenary posted:

They already had those randomized packs in 3. You could buy them with in-game credits (and if you dumped enough time in the game you'd eventually unlock everything) but there was a lot of poo poo to grind through and lots of useful one-time-use items to incentivize using real money.

That sounds like Titanfall 2's system? But TF2 coulda taken notes from ME3.

marshmallow creep posted:

I WOULD HAVE SEX WITH ALL THIS OVERWATCH!

sex the dinosaurs in hzd tbh

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Kill. Me. Now.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Palpek posted:

ME: Andromeda - UTNAYAN REDEMPTION ZONE

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 20, 2017

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Palpek posted:

ME: Andromeda - The thread title, like the series, gets worse with each iteration
ME: Andromeda - Hello I am trans, this is my deadname
ME: Andromeda - Groundpounding a dead body edition
ME: Andromeda - at least the combat is decent
ME: Andromeda - Reasons to play Nier/HZD/BotW/W3
ME: Andromeda - Brink 2 in SPAAAAACE

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 20, 2017

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Two giant Polish people loom over Shorty Ryder, laughing as they toss Ryder's biotic ball back and forth. Ryder strains and jumps to reach it but the nefarious Poles keep it just out of reach of his stubby arms and shorty legs.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Bogart posted:

I'm not gonna play this until it's cheap but Team Triss

I'm drudging this up from 3 pages ago to tell you to go to hell.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Arglebargle III posted:

noooo how could you

Yen has had a rough life and Geralt has behaved like a dog before, how could you hurt her again.

:qq:

ultimately yen and geralt r better as friends than lovers, they bring out the worst in each other

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mass effect andromeda - euthanize all gamers

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

ultimately yen and geralt r better as friends than lovers, they bring out the worst in each other

This is a guy who gets it.

Team Triss.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The First Rule of Mass Effect Andromeda Thread is You Do Not Talk About Mass Effect Andromeda

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I was just watching IGN's review of this on YouTube and the person covering the game said you can't change your teammates' gear... so every item able to be equipped is solely for the player's character? Am I misunderstanding him? That seems like a very strange direction to go in an RPG.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Bloodplay it again posted:

I was just watching IGN's review of this on YouTube and the person covering the game said you can't change your teammates' gear... so every item able to be equipped is solely for the player's character? Am I misunderstanding him? That seems like a very strange direction to go in an RPG.

That's true and a welcome relief from managing the entire team's equipment like in DAI.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

ME: Andromeda - As large as the Milky Way. One of a hundred galaxies. A hundred billion bugs. Now I think we are small enough.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

ME: Andromeda - The thread title, like the series, gets worse with each iteration

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
ME: Andromeda - Don't Play It, SAM

Serf
May 5, 2011

I would like to be able to equip my squadmates with guns. But with the loot system micromanaging the tiers of guns and poo poo would just suck.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodplay it again posted:

It's because you are roleplaying as a short mentally challenged Ryder who nobody actually listens to but they humor because they're sympathetic to people with mental handicaps.

Your teammates aren't squad members. They're your care providers.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Serf posted:

I would like to be able to equip my squadmates with guns. But with the loot system micromanaging the tiers of guns and poo poo would just suck.

Did Andromeda bring back a loot system? I really didn't mind ME2's whole deal where guns weren't on tiers of power and just had different features and qualities, but I wanted more variety (which I think ME3 did? I never ended up playing it)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mass Effect: The Andromeda Strained Face

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

wait, they brought back the dumb loot tiers from ME1?

lmao

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The Andromeda Strays

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Zotix posted:

So if this game is actually poo poo, what is the next big release to get hyped about?

Persona 5 and Shadow of War.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Harrow posted:

Did Andromeda bring back a loot system? I really didn't mind ME2's whole deal where guns weren't on tiers of power and just had different features and qualities, but I wanted more variety (which I think ME3 did? I never ended up playing it)

Each gun now has six tiers of power, with you being able to build/find better tiers. This is in addition to dropped loot, trash, and buying/selling stuff.

These are all systems that I love (except the tiered gun system. Just give me one model and be done with it, unless its like ME3 where you can get a better version and you just have it forever, and they are not discrete items).

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

AngryBooch posted:

That's true and a welcome relief from managing the entire team's equipment like in DAI.

I haven't played DAI so I can't compare, but it wasn't exactly laborious in the first three ME games, was it? I hated the consolidation of ammo to "whelp everything just uses universal ammo now except these uninspired special weapons" and the finite cap on XP/money in the latter two games and this feels like another step in the wrong direction. It had to have saved a lot of time/money to not have to worry about creating different assets for each character, but removing gear for your crew altogether is a huge bummer for me.

edit: Mass Effect feels like an RPG with tacked on third-person shooter/cool biotic poo poo and ME2/3 feel like third-person shooters with tacked on RPG/lame biotic poo poo.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 20, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
ME: Andromeda: corncobbing and 'fun'

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
ME: Andromeda - There will be 100 new posts by the time you finish reading this

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
in redlettermedia's plinkett thesis on str wars he goes on about how no kid likes to imagine themslves as a dorky anakin skywalker yunglean, they wanna imagine themselves as han solo or luke skywalkr or leia – young people that are charismatic and capable

people want to be sheperd, they dont wanna be dumb ryder

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Mass Effect 1 inventory management system and gear system was the one part of the game that was universally panned due to the horrific UI and having to figure out which weapon and armor mods where good vs the trash. the weapon system made everything feel very samey as every shotgun, pistol, assault rifle, and sniper rifle was essentially the same compared to the more differentiated weapons of ME 2 & 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

in redlettermedia's plinkett thesis on str wars he goes on about how no kid likes to imagine themslves as a dorky anakin skywalker yunglean, they wanna imagine themselves as han solo or luke skywalkr or leia – young people that are charismatic and capable

people want to be sheperd, they dont wanna be dumb ryder

gamers want expect a lot of things