Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pattonesque posted:

remember when Mass Effect was supposed to be this generation's Star Wars

they blew that pretty quickly huh

It's still this gen's Star Wars...it's jsut that they went more of a Phatnom Menace line than the other.

marshmallow creep posted:

I've already said if there's going to be a launch thread, it's not going to be me.

You mde a good thread, but Bioware betrayed you.

widespread posted:

By that logic, Andromeda 3/Androm3da is gonna have a scene where Shep Ryder just kills a fuckload of kids over some religious poo poo.

In Andromeda, the analogoud kids are the gamers' expectations and hopes for a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lovely Wizard posted:

Wheres my turian tits Bioware C-team? Or at least bare rear end.

Not sure. Maybe other scenes? More likely they arnt sure how to do it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Exactly what I worried would happen when ME:A was revealed to use the same structure as DA:I has indeed happened:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/games/2017/03/20/mass-effect-andromeda-review-ps4-every-mans-sky/#60ce89439f0d

quote:

The problem is that the open world format does not make for great questing. Far, far too often, your quest will be to get data from X cache in some enemy base or scan X object at some ruin, so you’ll be racing around doing just that 40, 50, 60 times, because that’s how many of these missions there are. Many RPGs do this, but BioWare in particular seems to have this idea that fetch quests aren’t fetch quests if you have ten lines of dialogue explaining them. Most recently, I have seen this a lot in Dragon Age: Inquisition and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I think they’re trying to be used for worldbuilding to some extent, but the problem is you are rarely going to communicate anything all that interesting even if you explain why so and so needs these five power converters or those ten raiders in that barracks need to die. It’s still a bad mission, and I wouldn’t mind if the game lost 80% of them entirely to avoid the feeling of drowning in map markers.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

lovely Wizard posted:

now the fans are pissed

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Minrad posted:

it's too much all at once

bioware's trying to kill me with laughter

When daddy alien gives me cummies

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

AngryBooch posted:

Exactly what I worried would happen when ME:A was revealed to use the same structure as DA:I has indeed happened:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/games/2017/03/20/mass-effect-andromeda-review-ps4-every-mans-sky/#60ce89439f0d

Not so fast, there are also sidequests where you have to play space soduko in three different locations that spawns more bad guys if you mess up.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Not so fast, there are also sidequests where you have to play space soduko in three different locations that spawns more bad guys if you mess up.

The best use of sudoku in a videogame since 999

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

loving Astrarium Puzzles didn't spawn in enemies at least.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
some people's obsession with posting about how bad this game is and how much they want Bioware to fail is bordering on mental ilness

this isn't directed at anyone specific in this thread because i almost never read this thread

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So if this game is actually poo poo, what is the next big release to get hyped about?

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Hey I'm not really reading this thread too carefully, because it's mostly just awful, but is there a timezone to VPN to, so I as to unlock this before 9pm PST?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So I can use the app to get weapons for multi before buying the game? That's awesome!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zotix posted:

So if this game is actually poo poo, what is the next big release to get hyped about?

Nothing, this was video games last grasp at enjoyment. Without this game being good video games are now a barren wasteland of cellphone games and electronic collectible card games.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Zotix posted:

The Surge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoa5pFOFQrY

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The reviews complaining about the story being pretty standard block buster stuff and acting having no emotion, have they ever played another Mass Effect game? The stories were never amazing. The whole point of the game was the sci fi worlds with a cool sci fi novel cover art aesthetic.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zotix posted:

Persona 5 which is also a dating sim

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zotix posted:

Dawn of War 3-hahahahagahahagagahaarrrgh no

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Rob posted:

The reviews complaining about the story being pretty standard block buster stuff and acting having no emotion, have they ever played another Mass Effect game? The stories were never amazing. The whole point of the game was the sci fi worlds with a cool sci fi novel cover art aesthetic.

honestly a lot of reviews have said the story itself is fine, but stuff like lovely VA work is what drags

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Hi I bought this poo poo just to play krogan vanguard in multiplayer again thanks for reading

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

lovely Wizard posted:

When is Ryder gonna drop dong

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I cant wait to play this tonight.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rabid Snake posted:

When is Ryder gonna drop dong

DROP
THAT
DONG

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

TheTrend posted:

Hey I'm not really reading this thread too carefully, because it's mostly just awful, but is there a timezone to VPN to, so I as to unlock this before 9pm PST?

You can play it now if you want. Here's a VPN guide. About to try it out myself so I'll report back if it works or not.

http://pastebin.com/AKx8Bz5X

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Drifter posted:

It's still this gen's Star Wars...it's jsut that they went more of a Phatnom Menace line than the other.

Mass Effect: The Phantom Menace was that book that was so bad (it had quarians outside their suits and someone being cured of autism and a gay character that wasn't gay anymore) that they eventually disavowed it and said they'd be working on a revised version (they didn't, this was like five years ago lol)

seriously there are some p. significant issues with the Dragon Age games but you get the impression that universe is much more thought-out and safeguarded.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Jesus, the facial animations are as bad or worse as people have been saying.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

remnant cryo fist freezes enemies on melee, charge pops the primer, so good.

love the combat in this game

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I spoke too soon

The VPN works, I can now log into the game and start the singleplayer again but I still get the "Thanks for enjoying the trial" message whenever I try to progress... :(

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

One of the steamers got to the Seinfeld bit I burst out laughing.

Even without the music it's just terrible.

Serf
May 5, 2011

So since this was made in Frostbite we're not gonna get any good mods, are we?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-S56ek5rMI

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Serf posted:

EA has gone out of their way to make modding as impossible as humanly possible because they think it hurts DLC sales.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Serf posted:

Which ones were there in previous mass effect games? The only thing remotely close that I can remember is gibbeds save mod

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Nechronic posted:

Hi I bought this poo poo just to play krogan vanguard in multiplayer again thanks for reading

This is just one man's opinion but from my time with the trial I found the ME:A krogans to be not as good as the ME3 krogans.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zzulu posted:

I spoke too soon

The VPN works, I can now log into the game and start the singleplayer again but I still get the "Thanks for enjoying the trial" message whenever I try to progress... :(

Did you load up the trial version?

I'm waiting for the update to load but you have to exit Origins before you run to VPN then load it up again.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm not gonna play this until it's cheap but Team Triss

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Serf posted:

I dunno, Dragon Age Inq had a bunch of mods.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Drifter posted:

You mde a good thread, but Bioware betrayed you.

Thanks, man. :shobon: That means a lot.

Serf
May 5, 2011

buglord posted:

Which ones were there in previous mass effect games? The only thing remotely close that I can remember is gibbeds save mod

I was partial to the one in ME3 that let you skip the slow running through the woods dream sequences. Someone made a similar mod for DA:O that let you skip the Fade section in the mages area. Really I just want convenience mods that cut out stuff I don't want to do on replays.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
https://my.mixtape.moe/yhzisz.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogart posted:

Team Triss