Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

Listen, I used to pay $8/month for a plan that would send band-aids to me by mail if I made a claim. Thanks to Obamacare, that plan is now gone. I had to buy a plan on the exchange that costs $80/month because it covers a lot more than band-aids (which is all I need and ever will need). That's 10x more outta my pocket and wiretapping deep state jobs sad maga

Naw, its like $300 a month now for a 7K deductible with 1 free general doctor visit a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WatermelonGun posted:

EXTREME SIMILE

DAD JOKE ACHIEVED

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
peep dat title change :trumppop:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The ACA (Obamacare) has jacked my premiums up 150% while making my previously bad insurance basically unusable. I don't know about other people

you missed out dude https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/obamacare-aca-trump-supporter-viral/

new phone who dis posted:

When it's the exact same dude who was droning on about Trump being a Russian stooge last year and he's now moonwalking it the gently caress back like Michael Jackson who just saw a little boy in his rear view you should probably listen.

hum. my searches and the article rezatahs posted support your claim about morell. however, it's coming from glenn greenwald, who has been pretty insistent about this whole thing being junk for months, and so I'm skeptical for the same reason I'm skeptical of Nunes; moreover, it still asserts that an investigation is desperately needed. it strikes me additionally that morell specifically is skeptical of "collusion" which doesn't contradict his previous description of trump as an "unwitting agent" which is probably the most accurate description of everything trump does ever. and it doesn't explain how the steele dossier predicted something months in advance, which is my main sticking point. anyway it'll be fun

nice title change

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

oh dang the comey and rogers hearing is still going. missed the steele dossier bit I guess?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

World War Mammories posted:

you missed out dude https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/obamacare-aca-trump-supporter-viral/

hum. my searches and the article rezatahs posted support your claim about morell. however, it's coming from glenn greenwald, who has been pretty insistent about this whole thing being junk for months, and so I'm skeptical for the same reason I'm skeptical of Nunes; moreover, it still asserts that an investigation is desperately needed. it strikes me additionally that morell specifically is skeptical of "collusion" which doesn't contradict his previous description of trump as an "unwitting agent" which is probably the most accurate description of everything trump does ever. and it doesn't explain how the steele dossier predicted something months in advance, which is my main sticking point. anyway it'll be fun

nice title change

Buzzfeed did a similar "calm your tits, conspiracy weirdos" article recently but my work blocks them.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I never even knew what "Colluding with the Russians" even was supposed to mean

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
they gonna replace your cheerios with borscht

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Both Trump and Russia wanted Clinton to lose and did their best to make it happen. It doesn't mean they were working together. In the end, all Russia did is reveal the truth about how lovely the DNC is. They didn't have to make up anything false because the truth was bad enough. The DNC are your ex-girlfriend you suspected of cheating and then caught because someone else that hates her guts sent you pics of it. Yeah, you'd still be together if they never sent it, but you're better off knowing.

The fact that you're banging a human sludge factory on the rebound is 100% your fault, though.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

In the end, all Russia did is reveal the truth about how lovely the DNC is.

Has this even been proven at all

Also, friendly reminder that China, Saudi Arabia, and Israel are balls deep in our politics and have been for decades

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Both Trump and Russia wanted Clinton to lose and did their best to make it happen. It doesn't mean they were working together. In the end, all Russia did is reveal the truth about how lovely the DNC is. They didn't have to make up anything false because the truth was bad enough. The DNC are your ex-girlfriend you suspected of cheating and then caught because someone else that hates her guts sent you pics of it. Yeah, you'd still be together if they never sent it, but you're better off knowing.

The fact that you're banging a human sludge factory on the rebound is 100% your fault, though.

The DNC is complete poo poo and I'm glad they lost in embarrassing fashion. But to be fair, we never saw any docs from the RNC and you know they are every bit as bad.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pawn 17 posted:

The DNC is complete poo poo and I'm glad they lost in embarrassing fashion. But to be fair, we never saw any docs from the RNC and you know they are every bit as bad.

Yeah but they're the bad guys. Everyone expects them to be evil. They don't even try to hide it. They're gonna take away meals on wheels and facefuck your grandpa. Openly. What can you really leak about them other than the secret homos?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I never even knew what "Colluding with the Russians" even was supposed to mean

things like roger stone hypothetically messaging guccifer 2.0 going "hey man can u release those hillary emails tmrw? thx bro" (as opposed to the thing that literally, undeniably happened, when trump said "hey russia, if you're listening, release those emails" on a nationally televised press conference, which is both legal and lol as gently caress)

the logic is that russia collects information on anybody and everybody, classic soviet (and american!) habit, that's certain they do that. the claim of collusion, then, is that tormp campaign associates already involved with russian sphere of influence - stone, page, manafort, et al, connected to rich russian interests through real estate and oil (and remember that Putin is a kleptocrat, "rich russian interests" and "the russian state" are synonymous) - request releases about dems/hillary, through RT and allegedly wikileaks etc, and to keep GOP/trump stuff in the vaults. (trump refused to let his campaign run oppo research on him, I just remembered, goddamn.) in return they offer to discredit Crooked Hillary/existing Dem presidential power structures as much as possible, which is attractive to putin because he loathes her specifically and the US getting in on russia's poo poo in general, plus promote skepticism of international organizations that don't like russia, like NATO and the EU. (we already know russia does that too, eg. Hungary and Russian influence on the Jobbik party a few years back, or the French IC's current belief that russia is promoting Le Pen.) the efficacy of such an effort is immediately obvious in the GOP voter base changing its mind about Putin in months.

it's extremely tempting to picture a big spy flick conspiracy, trump and putin meeting in dark smoke-filled rooms to discuss partitioning ukraine and poo poo. people expecting that level of stuff will be disappointed, despite the obvious reality that trump is not smart enough to do that poo poo. but it's the same reason people think the illuminati is a thing, or that they believe in god - that is, it's comforting in a weird way to think that all the wacky poo poo in the world is directed by someone who has a long-term plan. in reality, the only motive needed is the short-term promise of fuckloads of money, especially for people like trump, page, stone, and manafort. and there's a fuckload of smoke from all the burning money. i think my metaphor got away from me gently caress it

comey hearing ended, wish I hadn't missed the middle, I'm stil lreally curious about whether the steele dossier came up

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

things like roger stone hypothetically messaging guccifer 2.0 going "hey man can u release those hillary emails tmrw? thx bro" (as opposed to the thing that literally, undeniably happened, when trump said "hey russia, if you're listening, release those emails" on a nationally televised press conference, which is both legal and lol as gently caress)

the logic is that russia collects information on anybody and everybody, classic soviet (and american!) habit, that's certain they do that. the claim of collusion, then, is that tormp campaign associates already involved with russian sphere of influence - stone, page, manafort, et al, connected to rich russian interests through real estate and oil (and remember that Putin is a kleptocrat, "rich russian interests" and "the russian state" are synonymous) - request releases about dems/hillary, through RT and allegedly wikileaks etc, and to keep GOP/trump stuff in the vaults. (trump refused to let his campaign run oppo research on him, I just remembered, goddamn.) in return they offer to discredit Crooked Hillary/existing Dem presidential power structures as much as possible, which is attractive to putin because he loathes her specifically and the US getting in on russia's poo poo in general, plus promote skepticism of international organizations that don't like russia, like NATO and the EU. (we already know russia does that too, eg. Hungary and Russian influence on the Jobbik party a few years back, or the French IC's current belief that russia is promoting Le Pen.) the efficacy of such an effort is immediately obvious in the GOP voter base changing its mind about Putin in months.

it's extremely tempting to picture a big spy flick conspiracy, trump and putin meeting in dark smoke-filled rooms to discuss partitioning ukraine and poo poo. people expecting that level of stuff will be disappointed, despite the obvious reality that trump is not smart enough to do that poo poo. but it's the same reason people think the illuminati is a thing, or that they believe in god - that is, it's comforting in a weird way to think that all the wacky poo poo in the world is directed by someone who has a long-term plan. in reality, the only motive needed is the short-term promise of fuckloads of money, especially for people like trump, page, stone, and manafort. and there's a fuckload of smoke from all the burning money. i think my metaphor got away from me gently caress it

comey hearing ended, wish I hadn't missed the middle, I'm stil lreally curious about whether the steele dossier came up

Feel free to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnLpe-gc6P8

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Ok what that sounds like is known as "politics"

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Yeah but they're the bad guys. Everyone expects them to be evil. They don't even try to hide it. They're gonna take away meals on wheels and facefuck your grandpa. Openly. What can you really leak about them other than the secret homos?

except the meals on wheels thing was a media spun lie to sell clicks

http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/03/meals

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
That's the kind of inflamed rhetoric that the right is known for, taking a small little piece of legislature and blowing it into a world ending conspiracy

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mnoba posted:

The program is fine, but the money used to pay for it is bad

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Ok what that sounds like is known as "politics"

receiving money from foreign powers as a member of a political office is expressly forbidden by the emoluments clause in the constitution. (of course the trump family's continued involvement in the trump org is also a violation, but we're not talking about that right now.) if you wanna deny that happened that's ok but if it did happen it's explicitly illegal

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mnoba posted:

Even if true, the Republicans still have an abhorrent record on most things to non-Republicans. There's not much you can leak to ruin them at this point. They're openly gerrymandering districts and suppressing the minority vote. So what if they got caught leaking a debate question?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The ACA (Obamacare) has jacked my premiums up 150% while making my previously bad insurance basically unusable. I don't know about other people

Maybe you should get a better job.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

receiving money from foreign powers as a member of a political office is expressly forbidden by the emoluments clause in the constitution. (of course the trump family's continued involvement in the trump org is also a violation, but we're not talking about that right now.) if you wanna deny that happened that's ok but if it did happen it's explicitly illegal

this is true, but we crossed that bridge long ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_United_States_campaign_finance_controversy

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

That Robot posted:

i trust the DNC

Aaaand right about here is where you lost any possible shred of anyone taking anything you say seriously

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i am careful to state what i believe happened, but not to state that it will ever actually matter, because nothing does, lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
My dudes, the thing that you need to realize is, that the pisstape is real.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
it's real in the hearts of every hillperson

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Even if true, the Republicans still have an abhorrent record on most things to non-Republicans. There's not much you can leak to ruin them at this point. They're openly gerrymandering districts and suppressing the minority vote. So what if they got caught leaking a debate question?

Agreed, just pointing out the detail. The leak was never supposed to happen because both parties have unspoken agreements with each other on this type of stuff. The fact how brazen the leaking of the debate questions occurred proves that.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

scrubs season six posted:

Maybe you should get a better job.

You sound like my old lady

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

rezatahs posted:

it's real in the hearts of every hillperson

so was trump's ground game
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/795443493674086400?lang=en

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

for the record, it is a matter of fact that there is a video tape on some russian USB stick in a vault of United States President Donald J Trump watching gleefully while russian prostitutes piss all over a bed that obama slept in. god bless us, every one

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mnoba posted:

Agreed, just pointing out the detail. The leak was never supposed to happen because both parties have unspoken agreements with each other on this type of stuff. The fact how brazen the leaking of the debate questions occurred proves that.

What kills me is this: You are an Ivy League career politician who feels the need to cheat on debate questions against a tangerine-colored buffoon? On a loving softball of a question your party should have the issue locked down on? At that point you're just cheating because you're used to doing it for years.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol holy poo poo there are people who think trump is a good president

you have no pride at all , you think trump doesn't embarrass us and you're all bad Americans

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol holy poo poo there are people who think trump is a good president

you have no pride at all , you think trump doesn't embarrass us and you're all bad Americans

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Calling whatever president "stupid" always amused me. Sorry but you don't get to be leader of the free world by being dumb. W was anything but stupid and Trump is definitely not dumb either.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Calling whatever president "stupid" always amused me. Sorry but you don't get to be leader of the free world by being dumb. W was anything but stupid and Trump is definitely not dumb either.

hes kinda dumb

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Look this cruel world is clearly too much for you to handle why don't you just take a break from your hard computer janitor life and go join a Buddhist monastery somewhere in Asia? Somewhere without Internet access please

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I dont think hes a good president. Hes just the best one you had available at the time and thats SAD!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

hes kinda dumb

I don't see anything factually incorrect here sir? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Look this cruel world is clearly too much for you to handle why don't you just take a break from your hard computer janitor life and go join a Buddhist monastery somewhere in Asia? Somewhere without Internet access please

My capitalist overlords need me to janitor these computers and this gives me plenty of internet access. So no.

• Locked thread