Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
gamers are just so entitled.......... wanting 'effort'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gamers are scum

i worry about respec costs long term, though i am still early in the game. first respec costs 25, second costs 525, says it goes up every time. poo poo will get expensive and i have a very hard time sticking with one spec

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
just like anime its always a mistake 2 include parents in storys

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

ME: Andromeda - Butts animated better than faces

Where did the five years go? Was this always going to be set in a new galaxy? Did they change engines halfway through?

ME: Andromeda - What happened?

E: My vote

Number Ten Cocks posted:

ME: Andromeda - Don't Play It, SAM

poisonpill fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 20, 2017

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

cams posted:

gamers are scum

i worry about respec costs long term, though i am still early in the game. first respec costs 25, second costs 525, says it goes up every time. poo poo will get expensive and i have a very hard time sticking with one spec

25 what, and how do you get the whatsits

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

just like anime its always a mistake 2 include parents in storys

Goku is a parent and it is good.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

cams posted:

gamers are scum

ME: Andromeda - Few Self-Respecs, Zero Self-Respect

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

ME: Andromeda - Don't Play It, SAM

Yeah uh this is going to win.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mass Effect Andromeda: Goku died; you play as Gohan.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mass Effect Andromeda: Perseus was Running Late

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

marshmallow creep posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda: Goku died; you play as Gohan.

gohan cell era or gohan college years?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wow. Checking in. Looks like a bad game. Shouldn't have fired all the ME3 guys.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

rear end-Obsessed Man Drama, Duh

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mass Effect Andromeda - Don't buy Bioware games ever again

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Oh come on the zelda title was absolutely perfect, what are you guys doing!!

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
It's pretty interesting to note that a much older game had two romance options and people have STRONG FEELINGS about which is "correct" based on actual interesting characterization, conflict, and presentation. Subject matter aside, it's not been done that well in anything else, not even close.
People argue about SPACE WAIFUS, but it's more arguing about which one is the least shallow caricature.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The Vetra romance scene feels a lot more like classic ME than the others. That said it also has the least amount of actual content, but the character interactions are at least human instead of weird BioWare "how do people work" poo poo.

edit: Probably because there's no actual plan for how Turians and humans could mate, or what Turians look like without clothes on, so they have no other option

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad people don't think ME3 is the worst game in the series anymore.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

25 what, and how do you get the whatsits
20 actually, and credits. once you unlock the med bay on the tempest, there is a device to respec either ryder or any of the companions. they all share the same rising price.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Alain Post posted:

How could it be when Mass Effect 1 came first.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Alain Post posted:

andromeda is the best mass effect. deal with it.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Glenn Quebec posted:

ME: Andromeda - There will be 100 new posts by the time you finish reading this

I was reading the thread all day and for a while I was ten pages behind every time I loaded a new page

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

poisonpill posted:

Where did the five years go? Was this always going to be set in a new galaxy? Did they change engines halfway through?
Yes actually

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cams posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

How could it be when Mass Effect 1 came first.

I will not be playing this game so it's entirely possible that it's not as bad as noted awful game Mass Effect 1.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Slim Killington posted:

The Vetra romance scene feels a lot more like classic ME than the others. That said it also has the least amount of actual content, but the character interactions are at least human instead of weird BioWare "how do people work" poo poo.

edit: Probably because there's no actual plan for how Turians and humans could mate, or what Turians look like without clothes on, so they have no other option

what you said. they are apparently mammalian to have vaginas and dicks, but who knows. all you have to do is make it look like it sorta has tits and let it have an rear end.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Bohemian Nights posted:

Oh come on the zelda title was absolutely perfect, what are you guys doing!!

It was a close second to No Bros in the Fuckbay.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

gohan cell era or gohan college years?

washed up dad Gohan

cams posted:

This is self harm at this point

Serf
May 5, 2011

Maybe we could try the bold strategy of not giving the weird aliens recognizably human sexual characteristics. Just like, gimme a space lobster or something.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

cams is certainly the most interesting gimmick ive seen in a while

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Heard they didn't even include a gay dude turian in this. Sad!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

in redlettermedia's plinkett thesis on str wars he goes on about how no kid likes to imagine themslves as a dorky anakin skywalker yunglean, they wanna imagine themselves as han solo or luke skywalkr or leia – young people that are charismatic and capable

people want to be sheperd, they dont wanna be dumb ryder

I want to be Ryder, I'm fed up of being a decorated war veteran and ultimate badass right from the start. I want to earn my ultimate badass status over the course of the game.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what you said. they are apparently mammalian to have vaginas and dicks, but who knows. all you have to do is make it look like it sorta has tits and let it have an rear end.

And ME2 set the "no bodily fluids" thing, so basically everything outside of a scaly claw handjob is out the window. Ryder kisses her but that's essentially akin to kissing a bird on the beak since they don't have, you know, lips or anything.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Serf posted:

Maybe we could try the bold strategy of not giving the weird aliens recognizably human sexual characteristics. Just like, gimme a space lobster or something.

okay but how do i gently caress it

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

you're gonna wanna get a running start

Serf
May 5, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

With enough time and imagination, humans will figure out how to gently caress literally anything. Be creative.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Serf posted:

theres this alien race in birdy the mighty that's basically just a sentient dinosaur skeleton, and i want to gently caress those

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ME: Andromeda: Hold That Gross Stare, Tiny Ryder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Alain Post posted:

Heard they didn't even include a gay dude turian in this. Sad!

Gender-based sexual preferences are nonsense when the parties involved are from entirely different worlds. Why would Garrus have sex with a human woman but not a man? Both look like horrific blob monsters to him.