Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

GWBBQ posted:

Congrats, you're pregnant.

That would be really impressive considering I haven't had sex in more than a year. And I don't have a uterus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gloryhold It! posted:

That would be really impressive considering I haven't had sex in more than a year. And I don't have a uterus

Despite the name, you don't actually need a womb to have a hysterical pregnancy.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Guy Goodbody posted:

Despite the name, you don't actually need a womb to have a hysterical pregnancy.

That's pretty funny.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm currently making GBS threads at work and don't want to go back.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008
My motto: Never poo poo at home, never sweat at work.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

What the hell is with this fairly recent trend where literally every item I buy on Amazon prompts an email from the seller begging for a positive review, like drat at least offer me a freebie or something :cmon:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
For loving years I've been babysitting my data usage every weekend at work because I thought the amount of data I could use before it throttled the unlimited data speed was 500meg.

I've just been told it's​ actually 8 gig. I could've been watching poo poo on YouTube all night instead of trawling SA :shepface:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I need to switch my cell phone provider when I move down to the USA. Turns out I could have been on a T-Mobile plan that includes Canada and I was better and cheaper than the one I'm on now. The FWP is they won't send the SIM to foreign addresses and I need to drive a 2 hr round trip to the border.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was approved for a very cool and affordable apartment. Now I get to move out of a large but weirdly built house and into something pretty modern.
The next two weeks will be constant Goodwill and other charity dropoffs for all my old junk.

FWP: Most of my furniture is heavy or otherwise awkward to move. The apartment is two levels and you have to walk up a kinda narrow hallway to get to the first floor.
I'm going to hire a moving company and I already feel guilty about the headache I am going to put them through.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I stupidly left some important forms at my mum's place, and I need one for tomorrow. She very kindly took them with her, but I wasn't planning to go anywhere today because I have a bunch of poo poo to do.

I'm loving hangry now and I can't decide whether I want a burrito or kebab.

Now my bag smells like burrito and chips and it's making things worse :saddowns:

Gitro has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Mar 20, 2017

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I reversed my six month old car into (the corner of) a concrete wall and hosed up the bumper pretty good.

Worst thing is now one of the sensors is screwed so I get constant chirps everytime I start the car reminding me of what a moron I am.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I got an SSD to upgrade my laptop but accidentally mailed it to my mom instead of my place. Now I've gotta pick a weekend and drive out of town and visit family.
At least it went to a place with a locked mailbox.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Air conditioners are REALLY expensive, you guys!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Inzombiac posted:

Air conditioners are REALLY expensive, you guys!

FWP: I'm too environmentally concious to use my air conditioner unless it's literally 30°C, and even then I never set it below 26°C. As a result, everyone I have over during the hot months complains my apartment is too warm for their liking :(

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Inzombiac posted:

I'm going to hire a moving company and I already feel guilty about the headache I am going to put them through.

Don't, it's what they get paid for.

The CD player in my car is broken. It used to skip, but now it completely refuses to recognize discs. I'm forced to listen to the radio, and there's only two programmable settings. If both stations are playing commercials, I have to either listen to them or hit mute and be reminded of my brakes beginning to grind. Which I can't afford to fix right now.
I used to manually switch to a third station in that situation, but in my opinion it's just as dangerous as texting and driving.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

yo rear end is grass posted:

The CD player in my car is broken. It used to skip, but now it completely refuses to recognize discs. I'm forced to listen to the radio, and there's only two programmable settings. If both stations are playing commercials, I have to either listen to them or hit mute and be reminded of my brakes beginning to grind. Which I can't afford to fix right now.
I used to manually switch to a third station in that situation, but in my opinion it's just as dangerous as texting and driving.

Buy a $10 cassette converter or Fm transmitter on Amazon and listen to your phone/ipod/cd player/Zune etc.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
There's a deli around the corner from my job that sells individual Fage yogurt cups. The spoons that they give you at the bodega are ever-so-slightly too wide to get all the way into the fruit compartment, and our office breakroom has run out of spoons, so I was only able to eat about 80% of the fruit that came with my yogurt. :smith:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

YeahTubaMike posted:

There's a deli around the corner from my job that sells individual Fage yogurt cups. The spoons that they give you at the bodega are ever-so-slightly too wide to get all the way into the fruit compartment, and our office breakroom has run out of spoons, so I was only able to eat about 80% of the fruit that came with my yogurt. :smith:

Use your finger you goddam hoity toity bourgeoisie scumbag. I bet you eat pizza with a knife and fork.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, I know. I'm a bit sensitive to the plight of service workers and I want to make it as easy as possible.

That being said, gently caress lifting all this crap myself ever again. I'm getting older and I have money. Gonna save my back and knees while a team of 20 year olds earn a paycheck.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, I know. I'm a bit sensitive to the plight of service workers and I want to make it as easy as possible.

That being said, gently caress lifting all this crap myself ever again. I'm getting older and I have money. Gonna save my back and knees while a team of 20 year olds earn a paycheck.

Offer some beers and pizza to truly help assuage your guilt. 20 year olds will move an entire house brick by brick for enough pizza and beer.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Leavemywife posted:

Offer some beers and pizza to truly help assuage your guilt. 20 year olds will move an entire house brick by brick for enough pizza and beer.

As Archimedes famously said, Give me a bunch of 20 year olds and pizza and beer enough to feed them, and I shall move the world.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

YeahTubaMike posted:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My mental illness relapsed and I have to go back to therapy this week.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Leavemywife posted:

You should probably not offer somebody on the clock alcohol.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Outrail posted:

Buy a $10 cassette converter or Fm transmitter on Amazon and listen to your phone/ipod/cd player/Zune etc.

I've thought of that, it's what I did in my old car with my discman, but this one doesn't even have a cassette player. Or an aux cable. I guess 2006 was the year of "CDs or gently caress you."

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Get something like this then
http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/ueroll

and you can use it outside of the car (or the shower, which is pretty neat)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the other end of the spoon is also, usually, narrower so uh hmmm

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Discord is down. I was chatting to people, dammit. :argh:

E: It's back!

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Mar 21, 2017

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Jeff Sichoe posted:

(or the shower, which is pretty neat)

Get a couple beers, play some trance music, and lose 5 hours of your life in the shower.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Get a couple beers, play some trance music, and lose 5 hours of your life in the shower.

smoke a joint and headbang to the new doom album in the shower

it's a real laugh riot

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I've thought of that, it's what I did in my old car with my discman, but this one doesn't even have a cassette player. Or an aux cable. I guess 2006 was the year of "CDs or gently caress you."

I may be just trying to make you ruin your poo poo, but if you're comfortable around a soldering iron... Most models can we converted for Aux with the female part from an electronics store, some wire and a small hole drilled into the face of the unit. You'd want to do some research but it'd cost less than $5.

This assume you know what you're doing. If you dont just drill a small hole in your dashboard, should be fine.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I thought the appointment I made was a conveniently short time after my shift, but somehow I got confused and thought it ended an hour later than it does. Now I have a bunch of time to kill.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
I'm in the process of getting a new phone from work, but because i'm otherwise oncall i'm missing out on potential OT until my new phone arrives

and it's the same lovely old hunk of crap, at least it will have a new battery??

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y7j0gYIkfw

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My sister stopped by our house to prepare for a trip with some friends. She brought a couple boxes of Samoas and left them here for us.

I don't like coconut. Why didn't she buy thin mints instead :argh:?

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 09:11 on Mar 21, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They're still girl scout cookies though, just eat them anyway, your body will recognize what they are and flood the pleasure centers of your brain regardless of the actual taste

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I read that as samosas first and was confused what weird samosa recipe your sister is using.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I like the Samoas more than I do the thin mints, I'll take them off your hands :btroll:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Outrail posted:

Use your finger you goddam hoity toity bourgeoisie scumbag. I bet you eat pizza with a knife and fork.

:aaa:

:aaaaa:

Dr Christmas posted:

My sister stopped by our house to prepare for a trip with some friends. She brought a couple boxes of Samoas and left them here for us.

I don't like coconut. Why didn't she buy thin mints instead :argh:?

Do-si-dos and Tagalongs are the only good Girl Scouts cookies, and also I'm sorry your sister hates you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Do-si-dos and Tagalongs are the only good Girl Scouts cookies

SAVANNAH

SMILES