Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Lol because he shouldn't even be in single A or for some other reason

The guy is awful and the only reason they're keeping him on any roster is because of who he is. I'm sure whatever Mets Single A affiliate is will sell the gently caress out of their games because Tebow is playing and the Mets will also likely sell a ton of jerseys. I wouldn't be surprised if you're able to buy a Tebow jersey from the store on gameday even though he'll never break an MLB roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Nice gig if you can get it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I saw Michael Jordan play minor league ball when I was a child

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Nice gig if you can get it.

is it? I wasn't under the impression that minor league baseball players had a good thing going

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/843906341664182273

I hope you like ties!!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I cannot understand why, if you are willing to revisit the topic at all, you would not just eliminate OT altogether.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ties own and Marvin Lewis successfully icing the Redskins' kicker in London last year was the highlight of the season last year, for me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

overtime should go to the first team to score twice in a row, and then get the ball a third time without the other team scoring at all

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
overtime should either go to the Patriots, or, if the Patriots are not in the game, have both teams play another 60min game with regular rules. If it's tied again, play again, until there is a victor.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Why won't this dumb league just use college OT rules

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

is it? I wasn't under the impression that minor league baseball players had a good thing going
I think he meant "being Tim Tebow".

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

College OT is much worse.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I think he meant "being Tim Tebow".

pffft whatever, who here isn't still coasting on the poo poo they accomplished in college

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Eli Wiggum posted:

Because they're trying to make the games shorter

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

Because they're trying to make the games shorter

but most OT games I'm ok with going longer

It's the lovely blowout games that are problematic, like every Thursday game except for the season opener or Thanksgiving

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Longer games mean more ad revenue :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't imagine any reason for shortening it from 15 to 10 unless you're literally trying to make the game shorter to IDK

e: Ok finally actually clicked the link and the reasoning is hilarious. If a team played a 15 minute overtime on Sunday then had to play Thursday they'd be at a disadvantage

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
MULTIBALL

Nov 6, 2002

IF YOU WANT THE GAME TO BE 60 MINUTES LONG MAKE IT 60 MINUTES.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"Man these Thursday games really suck, both for teams and for the quality of the games. Ah well what can you do" *changes overtime rules*

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like Thursday night games because they break up the schedule more. Having 6 games going on at noon on Sunday is dumb

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Remember when they wanted to trade for Kaepernick last year as long as he'd redo his contract?

Wonder why they haven't shown any interest this offseason.
Siemian was better than expected, they drafted someone in the first, Kaep has another season under his belt where he was bad, and the Broncos have a new HC.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I do like ties though

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
make it like soccer where the clock never stops and the ref can be like "you know what, this should go on for a few more minutes" at the end of regulation.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

TBeats posted:

make it like soccer where the clock never stops and the ref can be like "you know what, this should go on for a few more minutes" at the end of regulation.
I'm not a soccer expert but I think they do that to make up for stoppage in play

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah pretty much. So football games would have like 8 hours of stoppage time

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Yeah pretty much. So football games would have like 8 hours of stoppage time

No it wouldn't because the clock stops during stoppages in the NFL. In soccer, it keeps running. If we were on soccer rules, at the start of the game there'd be a kick return, a few first downs, a punt, and then it'd be the two minute warning

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

No it wouldn't because the clock stops during stoppages in the NFL. In soccer, it keeps running. If we were on soccer rules, at the start of the game there'd be a kick return, a few first downs, a punt, and then it'd be the two minute warning

I was responding to the idea of a running clock with stoppage time

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Go to college rules but start at midfield or something

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
FG kicking contest; Bucs and Seahawks lose every OT instantly.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Not unless it's Hawks/Cardinals! :eng101:

:negative:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Trigger warning for SA2K, Ryan Leaf is in the news, but for a good reason for a change; since his release from prison just over 2 years ago, he's doing well and working with other people in recovery, as a program ambassador for a treatment community :unsmith:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

whypick1 posted:

Not unless it's Hawks/Cardinals! :eng101:

:negative:

That was the second best game last season

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

a patagonian cavy posted:

Ties own and Marvin Lewis successfully icing the Redskins' kicker in London last year was the highlight of the season last year, for me

I went to that game and the look on my Skins-supporting friend's face after that kick was worth the price of admission all on its own.

Nov 6, 2002

Thaddius the Large posted:

Trigger warning for SA2K, Ryan Leaf is in the news, but for a good reason for a change; since his release from prison just over 2 years ago, he's doing well and working with other people in recovery, as a program ambassador for a treatment community :unsmith:

Can he start for the Jets?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Can he start for the Jets?
Do you want him to relapse?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

play 20 minute NFL games, 4 quarters of 5 minutes, clock only runs during actual plays. we'd get almost double the football!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/843878260996030464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

gently caress it, we are in the Darkest timeline: I hope Hernandez gets off and comes back to the NFL and also breaks every TE record in one season on his way to wrecking the Pats in the postseason.

• Locked thread