Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Honestly that is one of the less creepy gifs posted in the thread's recent history. No, don't try to think of what I might be talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

KingSlime posted:

oh yeah I am just melting with raaaaage over here in my AC cooled office

[points to the motherfreaking Haier than julia in hr got for all of us] ........ try harder trolls

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oddium posted:

[points to the motherfreaking Haier than julia in hr got for all of us] ........ try harder trolls

Julia's a real gem

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

KingSlime posted:

I thought my post wasn't too unreasonable in tone, if you see that as a "melt down", you're 100% reinforcing my point you weirdos

It's not that emotionally taxing to write out an opinion on the internet guys, particularly when it involves something as universally disliked as the sexualization of young characters in media

you're the ones that are not normal is what i'm trying to get you to understand

nice double down

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

How old is the character in your avatar?

Mugi is in high school during K-On! and leaves to go to college at the end of season 2, from what I know of the US school system that makes her 17/18?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'm gonna level with you guys

Bloodborne is my favorite anime because it's mostly free of dumb tropes, and yet it features a dude who has a fetish for dolls (but you know what, this works with the plot well, imma let it slide)

I also like Berserk but holy poo poo homie really loves his rape scenes and naked fairy bois

And this is all, from what I can gather, based on older styles of anime that were less blatantly pervy

anime has no chill

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
There's nothing weird about that av anyway

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

exquisite tea posted:

Is Night in the Woods one of those games where my responses are subtly affecting the world state in ways I'm unaware of, or am I mostly just down for the ride?

It's a good story so far but hella depressing, as expected.

AFAICT there are callbacks and scenes you can miss out on, but the main storyline doesn't change, so you really shouldn't worry about it (do watch stars with Mr. Chaznokov when you get the chance, though)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Noted psychedelic girls band anime K-On has neat animation imo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

KingSlime posted:

I'm gonna level with you guys

Bloodborne is my favorite anime because it's mostly free of dumb tropes, and yet it features a dude who has a fetish for dolls (but you know what, this works with the plot well, imma let it slide)

I also like Berserk but holy poo poo homie really loves his rape scenes and naked fairy bois

And this is all, from what I can gather, based on older styles of anime that were less blatantly pervy

anime has no chill

You sound like a man who has a basement people aren't allowed in

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The best anime I've seen in recent memory is Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju. It is an anime following the job of two rakugo performers (i.e: A Japanese one-person storytelling form) during the WWII era and features no pedophilia or excessive over-the-top laser beams and is instead thoughtful, slow-paced, emotional and has incredibly well-done voice acting that carries the story.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/showa-genroku-rakugo-shinju

Anime exist that are about things besides people with giant swords or giant anime tits, because anime just means "animated things coming from Japan." Thank you and have a good day and also watch Rakugo because it's very good on its own merits, not because it is anime.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

You sound like a man who has a basement people aren't allowed in

anime did this to me

E: Yeah, anime does come in all sorts of genres and I really should dig up some non-tropey options because the few I've watched that aren't cancer have been extremely enjoyable, Berserk is already kinda getting tropey for me and am about halfway through the manga

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 20, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Help Im Alive posted:

Yarn/clay Kirby...wool Yoshi...paper Mario...c-cardboard Samus?!

food Metroid. metroid but everything's made of food. meatloaf mother brain. raspberries in jelly metroids

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

food Metroid. metroid but everything's made of food. meatloaf mother brain. raspberries in jelly metroids

Samus must find the Jawbreaker Armor to make it through a corridor where big stone teeth try to chomp on her

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ImpAtom posted:

The best anime I've seen in recent memory is Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju. It is an anime following the job of two rakugo performers (i.e: A Japanese one-person storytelling form) during the WWII era and features no pedophilia or excessive over-the-top laser beams and is instead thoughtful, slow-paced, emotional and has incredibly well-done voice acting that carries the story.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/showa-genroku-rakugo-shinju

Anime exist that are about things besides people with giant swords or giant anime tits, because anime just means "animated things coming from Japan." Thank you and have a good day and also watch Rakugo because it's very good on its own merits, not because it is anime.
This and 'March comes in like a lion' are both things from 2016/2017 that have been astoundingly superb. I can't think of too many dramas I've seen or read in recent years that I'd put above those two.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sakurazuka posted:

Mugi is in high school during K-On! and leaves to go to college at the end of season 2, from what I know of the US school system that makes her 17/18?

And how old are you?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

From what I understand madoka magica is a good deconstruction of the magical girl genre. The only anime I watched recently is jjba though.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 20, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Welp. today just got really really lovely.

Got pulled over by the police, fiancee's getting a couple of citations we can't possibly pay for, car potentially got towed if our friend doesn't get there in time to drive it to us and if it got towed, that's another fee we can't possibly afford right now, and the citations were because the car wasn't inspected because the car doesn't pass inspection and would cost too much to actually get fixed up and legal and then my fiancee had a panic attack from being pulled over so we're sitting in the ER right now with her feeling suicidal and she's wishing she just had a job again and she's mad that her job offer she was so excited about had rescinded the offer an hour after giving her the start date and the whole thing is a mess and

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>:[

Sorry, I just needed to vent. Things are not good at the moment and ugh, bills are due today and tomorrow and we only have enough in savings left to pay for rent and bills another month and then idk what's gonna happen :|

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Taro got me good, the start of Automata route C is something alright.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Got pulled over by the police, fiancee's getting a couple of citations we can't possibly pay for, car potentially got towed if our friend doesn't get there in time to drive it to us and if it got towed, that's another fee we can't possibly afford right now, and the citations were because the car wasn't inspected because the car doesn't pass inspection and would cost too much to actually get fixed up and legal and then my fiancee had a panic attack from being pulled over so we're sitting in the ER right now with her feeling suicidal and she's wishing she just had a job again and she's mad that her job offer she was so excited about had rescinded the offer an hour after giving her the start date and the whole thing is a mess and

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry, I just needed to vent. Things are not good at the moment and ugh, bills are due today and tomorrow and we only have enough in savings left to pay for rent and bills another month and then idk what's gonna happen :|

I am sorry your day is so awful and I genuinely hope things improve for you.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

when it's 8am and you haven't had your chaos emeralds yet

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hope things get better FAK

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wow, that sucks. hope things start going your way from here!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Taro got me good, the start of Automata route C is something alright.

Yep yep yup mhmmm

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FAK, I am so sorry. I hope things get better for you two soon. :(

Have a dumb tweet?

https://twitter.com/starrrsky/status/843661233769402374

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grapplejack posted:

From what I understand madoka magica is a good deconstruction of the magical girl genre. The only anime I watched recently is jjba though.

It is, it's good. My wife loved it and bought a wall scroll and hung it in the bedroom.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Video games.

https://twitter.com/sparkletone/status/843890511031255042

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man the London Philharmonic Orchestra will do anything for a buck, won't they

Weren't they actually like, respected at some point? Maybe in the 70s?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Truly they have reduced themselves to playing good music.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

Man the London Philharmonic Orchestra will do anything for a buck, won't they

Weren't they actually like, respected at some point? Maybe in the 70s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV3CYz34ziE

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I just thought of the phrase "2B's boobies"

how do I file a patent

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I am 100% certain without even looking it up that London Philharmonic did a James Bond theme show.

StrixNebulosa posted:

FAK, I am so sorry. I hope things get better for you two soon. :(

Have a dumb tweet?

https://twitter.com/starrrsky/status/843661233769402374

I laughed hard at this. Hope your day gets better, FAK.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

Hey chat thread, I guess I've been living under a rock or some poo poo, because a remaster of Zero Escape: 999 + VLR is coming out this week for every system but the 3DS? Which kinda sucks since apparently they added quality of life features + full voice acting to 999, so it's kind of like the old DS version is pretty strictly inferior now? Oh well.

They added voices but without looking into the details I imagine that remake is going to be a weirdly gimped version of 999 because the narrative was tied to the hardware of the DS in pretty particular and important ways.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
VLR was not a good game

999 is good though

thanks for tuning in

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What didn't you like about VLR

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

999, VLR, and ZTD are all awesome.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Help Im Alive posted:

What didn't you like about VLR

I'm gonna guess it's the anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was kind of meh on ZTD but that could be just my expectations getting a bit too high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played about five minutes of the third one, and it was so ugly and artless that I couldn't go on. I think 3D anime has to be done very carefully or it'll look like trash.

• Locked thread