Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/843930734788337665
https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/843920633100730369

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Drunkboxer posted:

Who's the clapping brother? Who laugh-claps??

I think it's Justin.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

SpacePig posted:

I think the next closest recurring icon would be Grampa. I honestly don't know if their pin is a reference to something that I missed, or if they really have that little to pull from for pin designs.

My only guess is that it's re: all those times Graham goes to introduce Dave without pre-planning something so he just ends up describing whatever shirt he's wearing.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Firstscion posted:

I only upgraded because I wanted that sweet sweet Greatest Gen pin.

Hey, I listened to about 15 of their season 1 eps, which is kind of insane now that I think about it because I didn't like it a whole lot. Do they get better and/or make fewer child rape jokes? Maybe they follow a quality arc that mirrors TNG's.

e: not to sound lovely. I could go for people making fun of/enjoying Star Trek. They didn't seem to have their footing and were gross in the eps I tried out.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 20, 2017

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I need to sign up and donate

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Wonder how Teresa feels about this one

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

poor life choice posted:

Hey, I listened to about 15 of their season 1 eps, which is kind of insane now that I think about it because I didn't like it a whole lot. Do they get better and/or make fewer child rape jokes? Maybe they follow a quality arc that mirrors TNG's.

The molestation jokes thankfully decrease with Wesley's screen time, but nothing else changes. If you heard that many eps it's safe to say you're not into the show.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Scudworth posted:

The molestation jokes thankfully decrease with Wesley's screen time, but nothing else changes. If you heard that many eps it's safe to say you're not into the show.

My friends and I made nearly identical Picard-fucks-Wes jokes in college.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

For someone who hasn't donated to the good good network before, are you locked in with the sub or are you able to stop at any point? I am happy to donate, but rankle at being locked into doing so for a period of time.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

No, you can cancel it whenever. You can do what I just did, which is subscribe and then immediately cancel it so I know I won't forget about it and keep sending them money without realising.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Gluten Freeman posted:

No, you can cancel it whenever. You can do what I just did, which is subscribe and then immediately cancel it so I know I won't forget about it and keep sending them money without realising.

Cool; I'm terrible at remembering what regular payments I have scheduled and the like so it's nice to know if I decide to stop I'm able to easily.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

yay subscribed :D! I feel productive!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Gluten Freeman posted:

They have a non-subscription donation link at the bottom of the donate page:

https://people.maximumfun.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=89

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

IIRC you got locked into the bigger donations the years that includes cruise ship tickets or MaxFunCon admission. Even those I don't think were for a full year, maybe like six to nine months.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Can I stop donating to prevent this?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

purple death ray posted:

IIRC you got locked into the bigger donations the years that includes cruise ship tickets or MaxFunCon admission. Even those I don't think were for a full year, maybe like six to nine months.

Which is more than fair, considering the price of those tickets etc.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Scudworth posted:

They have a non-subscription donation link at the bottom of the donate page:

https://people.maximumfun.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=89

please note that you don't get any of the bonuses for this and it's basically a show of goodwill

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Poopy Palpy posted:

no I'm sorry it seems Griffin was most likely successful in getting a lot of internet strangers to wreck his older brother's rear end

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Nick is the second-best McElroy brother

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Poopy Palpy posted:

I thought they said on the show that they had 9,000 and change last year, so 50,000 is unlikely.

God, the Rock Band question and Justin's story about him getting the DDR scoop were so good.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUaGxCir8Dg

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

loving lol. Flatluigi blocked me on twitter for saying that Justin dressed as the Virgin Mary was not the weirdest part of Travis' tattoo idea.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I block a lot of people on twitter because it keeps the site usable, sorry it bugged you so much that you had to go whine about it on a different site

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I'm sorry that a man dressed as a woman upsets you so much that you have to block people on twitter to keep these dirty images out of your eyeballs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alaois posted:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Nah.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Don't do a hit

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

haha Justin already drapes himself in a blanket for the internet to see regularly in his Polygon series, how does that register as even remotely weird

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just finished the second episode of TAZ Nights and Travis's dungeon design has improved by a god drat lot

Pretty rude of them to end it on a cliffhanger though

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/844159924905136128

That rear end is SO gonna be ruined

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Car Boys becomes even more impressive after you play beamNG.drive because those are some very awkward controls.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

HookedOnChthonics posted:

haha Justin already drapes himself in a blanket for the internet to see regularly in his Polygon series, how does that register as even remotely weird

Is that series still going? I'd put it on in the background while gaming or poking around online but didn't feel it . :( I think it highlights the strength of the McElroy bros dynamic though: Justin is at his best when he can riff off of Griffin and Travis. Russ seems like a okay guy, just not particularly funny.

While I'm talking about Justin is anyone worried about how loving juicy his lungs sound? Does he (still?) smoke/vape? It's a credit to Griffin's editing that his cough is as minimized as it is in MBMBaM and TAZ, he doesn't sound so hot in Sawbones. The crossover ep of Court Appointed is what drew it to my attention. I'm getting déjà vu as I write this, sorry if I made this post like a week ago. Take care of your lungs bud. :ohdear:

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

poor life choice posted:

While I'm talking about Justin is anyone worried about how loving juicy his lungs sound? Does he (still?) smoke/vape? It's a credit to Griffin's editing that his cough is as minimized as it is in MBMBaM and TAZ, he doesn't sound so hot in Sawbones. The crossover ep of Court Appointed is what drew it to my attention. I'm getting déjà vu as I write this, sorry if I made this post like a week ago. Take care of your lungs bud. :ohdear:

Yeah, his cough is terrible. I don't know if its a smoking thing ora GERD thing from being large or what but it sounds pretty bad pretty often

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
It could be a "has a toddler and they touch everything and then you" thing and is chronically sick because, whoops, that's life as a parent if you didn't know that yet.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

poor life choice posted:

Is that series still going? I'd put it on in the background while gaming or poking around online but didn't feel it . :( I think it highlights the strength of the McElroy bros dynamic though: Justin is at his best when he can riff off of Griffin and Travis. Russ seems like a okay guy, just not particularly funny.

Yeah, I watched a couple episodes but couldn't get into it because I just can't find Russ funny. I feel horrible saying this, but his acting just makes me cringe. Maybe it'd be better with just voice-over?

I'm guessing Sydnee made him stop if he didn't on his own. :( Hope he gets better soon.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Russ doesn't bring anything to the table aside from sniveling and being meek.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Captain Internet posted:

It could be a "has a toddler and they touch everything and then you" thing and is chronically sick because, whoops, that's life as a parent if you didn't know that yet.

Sure, or a winning combination. He sounds like I did when I was at peak poor life choice and didn't do any kind of exercise or cardio.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

poor life choice posted:

Sure, or a winning combination. He sounds like I did when I was at peak poor life choice and didn't do any kind of exercise or cardio.

Nice username/post combination

But let's not make assumptions about the j-man's health

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I can't wait for whatever special they have about drug abuse resistance education later this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Coffee And Pie posted:

Nice username/post combination

But let's not make assumptions about the j-man's health

if you watch the tv show they're not really assumptions anymore