Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Up your butt and around the corner make a left and find your boner.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Again, where is all this poo poo gonna go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8SwrFn-oZE&t=635s

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Again, where is all this poo poo gonna go?

TRASH YOUR OLD poo poo NOBODY CARES ABOUT IT ANY MORE GET RID OF IT ALL BURN IT TO THE GROUND

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
delete some things (Destiny) to make room for the new things (Destiny 2)

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

TRASH YOUR OLD poo poo NOBODY CARES ABOUT IT ANY MORE GET RID OF IT ALL BURN IT TO THE GROUND

Hold X/square and hail satan

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Excited for the new weapons. Could really care less about the new armor. I didn't play in y1 so this is kinda like an expansion for me.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Up your butt and around the corner make a left and find your boner.

:69snypa:

https://youtu.be/1-07gijJuhc

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

xzzy posted:

Glowing armor is dumb but I appreciate it's there so it's easy to identify morons.

Looking like Satan owns idgaf if it glows

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I always get pumped for new gear and then use the same stat rolls anyway. Pretty sure i still use mostly ttk ib stuff.

I just hope the sandbox update has something interesting. Its their last chance to get it right.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I feel like I'm at McMahon: Stage 1 seeing this image and hearing about the return of Elemental primaries.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Watch them bolt on a second tier of ornaments to primary weapons that allow you to apply elemental damage to that gun.

Except you need a token that you get from a single free chest per week, or buy more on the eververse store.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

Watch them bolt on a second tier of ornaments to primary weapons that allow you to apply elemental damage to that gun.

Except you need a token that you get from a single free chest per week, or buy more on the eververse store.

God drat that's so Bungie. Now I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nah ornaments will just be cosmetic like always.

For like the last year theres been player itt saying bungie are gonna charge for advantages and it never happens.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Nah ornaments will just be cosmetic like always.
For like the last year theres been player itt saying bungie are gonna charge for advantages and it never happens.
I feel like they held back as much as they could with that stuff. If they were actually owned by Activision, things would have been a lot different.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Roman posted:

I feel like they held back as much as they could with that stuff. If they were actually owned by Activision, things would have been a lot different.

Yeah no doubt activision were pushing for more paid bullshit but I dont think bungie have a history of it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I've heard things about D2 being more RPG-ish which is cool in theory, but then I think of building a base in Fallout and my deeply ingrained "Elvis Reflex" (Shoot the TV) almost kicks in.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Oh god please no base building

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
We don't actually know anything about Destiny Harder other than that I'm going to play it a lot, right?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I wonder if they're going to shuffle around subclass abilities or elements. Maybe new elements entirely. Grass/psychic/dragon.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
:yeah: If a class continues to have the titan jet pack and guns continue to feel good I'm going to play p much no matter what.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

poor life choice posted:

:yeah: If a class continues to have the titan jet pack and guns continue to feel good I'm going to play p much no matter what.

Yeah if the gun feel is spot on and the movement is fun, who gives a poo poo about the story or whatever. Things just looking cool is important too.

As a side note I d/l the destiny demo on xbone to see if the controller feels better. My gut feeling is it will.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Your gut is right.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I've heard things about D2 being more RPG-ish which is cool in theory, but then I think of building a base in Fallout and my deeply ingrained "Elvis Reflex" (Shoot the TV) almost kicks in.

They said less grind and more open world freedom.

So hopefully that just means planets will be more than on rails patrol areas and more massive spaces and less of the whole collect 50 bits of poo poo and then wait a week to collect 6 more bits of poo poo and wait a week to do a strike.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

I have downloaded 22gbs and xbox won't let me play the demo. Says it is an issue on Microsofts end.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

The classes and subclasses will still exist as they are part of the lore. The perk will be reworked a lot.

The might even add in a new subclass.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

The classes and subclasses will still exist as they are part of the lore. The perk will be reworked a lot.

I predict perks themselves become more in-depth, like instead of choosing a subclass node and that changing your stats and abilities in one flat way, you go into the node to configure how it behaves and to dispense stat points. And instead of Armor Recovery Agility, those will be broken up and expanded to ten things... Basically the same but more convoluted. Same with weapons, no longer with hidden stats, and their perks, and you can custom tune a gun to have the stats you wish within set parameters.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

There are 6 straight weeks of mayhem nightfalls starting in mid july, I bet Iron banner in August is Mayhem and clash/control/rift/supremacy. This will super power guardians right before D2 and then something happens and guardians lose their powers and have to regain them at the start of D2. Great opportunity for bungie to redo/change anything they want wrt to subclasses.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

my guardian will be the first one to use X element in a new and different way

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Choose a grenade---> Choose the severity of its impact, effect, how long it lasts, etc. ---> Be given points to increase stats based on your moderation ---> Apply points to field which suits your play

It would make the meta far more personal, that even if a subclass or weapon had the "right" perks selected it would be weak to the same build set to a player's specific needs. And then nerfs wouldn't need change how a thing plays nearly as much as how the benefits of it stack. Reduce stat allotment, keep everything viable but truly balanced.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

People are going to min/max everything no matter what bungie does.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I want playable fallen :kiddo:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
:frogout:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
lol if you aren't all horned up for cabal-themed titan armor.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic posted:

People are going to min/max everything no matter what bungie does.

Not saying to not, but rather to make it deeper, more meaningful, and make the game more able to be nerfed and buffed in as unobtrusive a manner as possible.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BlindSite posted:

They said less grind and more open world freedom.

So hopefully that just means planets will be more than on rails patrol areas and more massive spaces and less of the whole collect 50 bits of poo poo and then wait a week to collect 6 more bits of poo poo and wait a week to do a strike.

They did? I didn't think they had even announced it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dont think they'll make the class nodes more complex at all. If anything I think they might be made a little different in terms of synergy and impact.

They hosed the balance early and then hosed it with nerfs all the way down.

I almost wouldnt be surprised if there were less nodes overall.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBulb posted:

They did? I didn't think they had even announced it

Sorry i shouldnt be posting my assumptions based on this stuff

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-10-destiny-2-launches-autumn-will-be-more-accessible-to-casual-players

As fact but i dont think they're going to go full complex rpg style. I think they'll want to get rid of the lovely stuff like hadium flake grinding and make it easier to just drop in to get your loot.

I dont think they want to go full cod style. With the classes all but being the same but i dont think they're gonna go super complex. Just dont see bungie doing it tbh.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Sorry i shouldnt be posting my assumptions based on this stuff

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-10-destiny-2-launches-autumn-will-be-more-accessible-to-casual-players

As fact but i dont think they're going to go full complex rpg style. I think they'll want to get rid of the lovely stuff like hadium flake grinding and make it easier to just drop in to get your loot.

I dont think they want to go full cod style. With the classes all but being the same but i dont think they're gonna go super complex. Just dont see bungie doing it tbh.

I hope the put a bit more meat on them bones.

Scout, Pluse and Auto are just different firing type for the same gun really.

Each firing type having 3 or 4 impact/firing speed configurations.

It's just boring.

Things like Fusion Rifles and Swords feel unique.

I hope they double down on all that poo poo and make guns much more varied, like a less poo poo Boarderlands.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I want variable primary elemental. Like a solar fatebringer.

Twenty bucks says dual elemental weapons is gonna be in Destiny 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I hope the put a bit more meat on them bones.

Scout, Pluse and Auto are just different firing type for the same gun really.

Each firing type having 3 or 4 impact/firing speed configurations.

It's just boring.

Things like Fusion Rifles and Swords feel unique.

I hope they double down on all that poo poo and make guns much more varied, like a less poo poo Boarderlands.

Agreed. I want like 10 variations of archetypes and more perks and perk variants.

• Locked thread