Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

handsome only face posted:

pleas keep Ryan Bader discussion in the appropriate B-League thread

This feels good

This feels right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i posted a thing already posted so

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Who do you think would win in a fight, Ryan Bader or Chael Sonnen. They both lost to Tito Ortiz so there isn't a good point of comparison.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Work Friend Keven posted:

Who do you think would win in a fight, Ryan Bader or Chael Sonnen. They both lost to Tito Ortiz so there isn't a good point of comparison.

:frogout:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Please keep "Get Out" discussion in the appropriate cinema discussio thread.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

probably ryan bader. he seems like less of a wet blanket

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/843936869205266432

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh man. Are they seriously going to do the trilogy? I was sure it wasn't to be.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ow

my heart :(

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

...and the pitch! posted:

Oh man. Are they seriously going to do the trilogy? I was sure it wasn't to be.

Aren't the first two fights their #1 and #3 all time ppv records? Makes sense to run the third, and it markets itself.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Memento posted:

Aren't the first two fights their #1 and #3 all time ppv records? Makes sense to run the third, and it markets itself.

It's easier to book than Mayweather.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How perfect would it be if McGregor KOs Mayweather somehow, goes on an ego warping world media tour, finishes by taking the final trilogy fight and then gets owned by Nate.

Just, Nate delegitimization Mayweather and McGregor in one fight would really get me going and I don't even hate Conor.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Memento posted:

On the other hand, it doesn't make sense to do the same match three times in a row for one person and it is extremely lovely of them to keep Diaz on the shelf so they can make McGregor Money whenever McGregor is done raising his children and pretending to fight Floyd Mayweather in two years

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They could buy Bellator tomorrow and bring any of the half-decent LHWs into the UFC and it would still be an absolute garbage fire and the worst division easily

e I forgot there's a W145 now, so second worst

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Eh I'm sure Nate is happy on his boat... As he should be

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

chaleski posted:

They could buy Bellator tomorrow and bring any of the half-decent LHWs into the UFC and it would still be an absolute garbage fire and the worst division easily

Im kind of surprised the iv and usada testing didnt push a couple of middle weights up to light heavy.

I think that would be the best move for weidman at this point because hes looked a little slow and gassy at mw since the ban came in.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

chaleski posted:

Man I was about to lay down a scathing rant about how dumb you are then I noticed the W and relaxed.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Man I was about to lay down a scathing rant about how dumb you are then I noticed the W and relaxed.

Glad we got an update on your reading comprehension skills.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
This month sucked

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the one title fight was the only bad fight waht are you talking about

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Maia still isn't booked for a fight?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Nierbo posted:

Maia still isn't booked for a fight?

He's fighting Jorge Masvidal at UFC 211 in May.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

BlindSite posted:

Im kind of surprised the iv and usada testing didnt push a couple of middle weights up to light heavy.

I think that would be the best move for weidman at this point because hes looked a little slow and gassy at mw since the ban came in.

Eh, I don't know if we have enough data to say that. He looked weird, small and really off in the Rockhold fight, but the Romero fight from memory looked like standard Weidman until he got killed. Sure he got killed because he slowed down a little in the second, but he's always done that.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
He probably looked slow in the rockhold fight because he got kicked in the liver a hundred times.

He was en route to winning every round against Romero until his head exploded.

I think he's probably fine. At least I hope so because I got a hundred on him beating mousasi

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Weidman along with every other fighter was always bad

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everything is bad. Even this post.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kilometers Davis posted:

How perfect would it be if McGregor KOs Mayweather somehow, goes on an ego warping world media tour, finishes by taking the final trilogy fight and then gets owned by Nate.

Just, Nate delegitimization Mayweather and McGregor in one fight would really get me going and I don't even hate Conor.

Only if Mayweather fights Diaz later and makes him tap with a calfslicer.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

He probably looked slow in the rockhold fight because he got kicked in the liver a hundred times.

He was en route to winning every round against Romero until his head exploded.

I think he's probably fine. At least I hope so because I got a hundred on him beating mousasi

I'm pretty sure Weidman got badly wrestled in the second against Romero.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm pretty sure Weidman got badly wrestled in the second against Romero.

he got controlled for about a minute and a half along the cage and was on his back for an additional 30 seconds or so. not something i'd call badly wrestled, but i think romero won that round so i'm still wrong

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Weidman's downward spiral bums me out. Here's to hoping he turns it around.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Weidman's downward spiral bums me out. Here's to hoping he turns it around.

He's lost to two pretty good fighters in a row. It's a losing streak, but kind of a qualified one. I still feel super dumb for thinking he was likely to retire undefeated.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i still maintain that he was regaining control of the rockhold fight before he threw the world's most inadvisable kick and then received a death knee from yoel romero. i'd argue that he's less on a downward spiral and more fought two insanely good fighters and things didn't go his way, but conceivably could have, and i'd give him 50% chance in a rematch against either of them no doubt.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

He's lost to two pretty good fighters in a row. It's a losing streak, but kind of a qualified one. I still feel super dumb for thinking he was likely to retire undefeated.

Like a lot of fighters he did, at one point, look unstoppable. Then MMA happened.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Snowman_McK posted:

Replace Weidman with Machida and this has all happened before.

Of course because God is Dead the only top tier fighter who will retire without a real loss will be Jon Jones

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

i still maintain that he was regaining control of the rockhold fight before he threw the world's most inadvisable kick and then received a death knee from yoel romero. i'd argue that he's less on a downward spiral and more fought two insanely good fighters and things didn't go his way, but conceivably could have, and i'd give him 50% chance in a rematch against either of them no doubt.

Yeah I thought he was going to slowly take control of that fight that round and just grind out the win. I have no idea what that kick was about :saddowns:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe he suddenly realised that he was always bad.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ufc facebook: relive ufc 208 now on fightpass

top comment: i'd rather relive world war 2

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/TlIHLtJ.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

rad

• Locked thread