Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Whoa. It's almost as if the point of their movement isn't to be "anti-white". Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

Is that true? LOL if so.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Whoa. It's almost as if the point of their movement isn't to be "anti-white". Weird.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/chckd83/status/843532137999474688

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

DeepDickPizza posted:

The woman I knew hated white people, but so do I, so we got along great.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

https://twitter.com/DTessmer1993/status/843269904312795136

i'm sure that's the reason

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
can someone please explain to me the SUPER SCARY thing about a One World Government that ISN'T happening now?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Race Realists posted:

can someone please explain to me the SUPER SCARY thing about a One World Government that ISN'T happening now?

taking the guns

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

DeepDickPizza posted:

Marrying a white man is white genocide in practice.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Well, when the alternative is

Just a little more water in that clown's mouth and you'd win a plush copy of Men Among the Ruins.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DeepDickPizza posted:

Silence, heretic!

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Montasque posted:

The woman I knew hated white people, but so do I, so we got along great.

This is how the left will unite.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Race Realists posted:

i don't get globalists

they are corporate shills and also marxists

what's up with that

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Silence, heretic!

go back to d&d

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

and i must meme posted:

i don't get globalists

they are corporate shills and also marxists

what's up with that

Ever since they started allowing people to wear jeans in the boardroom it's really sent popular understanding of how we're being hate hosed from above into a tailspin.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

go back to d&d

Sorry you're so upset. :smuggo:

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when wal street bankrolled the bolchevik rrvolution? Corporate interest and communism go hand in hand

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Putting the Milo scholarship fund to good use.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

spacetoaster posted:

Didn't know Thailand had such good beaches :smug:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/Salon/status/843855318190886914

She's going to get fired from the BLAZE for this.

E: Once again the REAGAN BATTALION at the forefront in destroying another Neo-Newsie

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/842864932311982080

Montasque has issued a correction as of 17:07 on Mar 20, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/Salon/status/843855318190886914

She's going to get fired from the BLAZE for this.

E: Once again the REAGAN BATTALION at the forefront in destroying another Neo-Newsie

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/842864932311982080

Taking human life is NOT cool.

Unless you're an army man. Then you get a medal. And money.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

To conservatives Tomi being pro-life is worse than Milo's glowing reviews of buggery.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Montasque posted:

To conservatives Tomi being pro-life is worse than Milo's glowing reviews of buggery.

She's not (figuratively) standing behind the men, which was a huge misstep. Female conservative pundits have a pretty simple job, which is to be smug jerks who cattily defend whatever their keepers say or do and deride the opposition. Milo- not surprisingly since he's got a drag queen's highly technical understanding of gender roles- understood that better and played a better female pundit with a twist.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Montasque posted:

Like, how pro-choice is she? There's levels. Is she cool with killing viable fetuses as they are delivered? or is she just okay with the morning after pill?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Being a conservative female pundit is a really easy job. Be a 8+, show leg, parrot the higher ups, and never let the mask slip. Tammy will never do the latter again

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

Like, how pro-choice is she? There's levels. Is she cool with killing viable fetuses as they are delivered? or is she just okay with the morning after pill?

She said "Stay out of my guns... and stay out of my body."

Supposedly this is a stance she always had... Kind of odd that Glenn Beck and his #NeverTrump'er friends decided NOW was the time to take her down.

CortezFantastic posted:

Being a conservative female pundit is a really easy job. Be a 8+, show leg, parrot the higher ups, and never let the mask slip. Tammy will never do the latter again

She's leaving the Blaze and getting a much better gig at FOXNEWS is my guess. She'll be fine in the long run...

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

You know that feeling when you didn't know you were looking for something and then you find it and it makes you so drat happy

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Gavin is a loving dweeb. He showed up to Joe Rogan's show cosplaying the Falling Down guy. He literally doesn't understand satire. He is the type that thought Married with Children's Al Bundy was supposed to be laughed with, not at.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Montasque posted:

She's leaving the Blaze and getting a much better gig at FOXNEWS is my guess. She'll be fine in the long run...

She can be one of the token "liberals" on a Fox News show, due to her one highly controversial opinion that her body isn't owned by others.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Montasque posted:

She said "Stay out of my guns... and stay out of my body."

Really? That's the thing that people are mad about? lol

By the way, I was all up in my guns today. Lead deposits are no joke. Clean your guns more often people.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lemme get all up in dem guns

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

Really? That's the thing that people are mad about? lol

By the way, I was all up in my guns today. Lead deposits are no joke. Clean your guns more often people.

Tomi Lahren is pro-Trump, on the rise, and currently working for NeverTrumper Glenn Beck over at the Blaze.

Beck was looking for an excuse to dump Lahren before she dumped him.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/843891854630371333

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

CortezFantastic posted:

Gavin is a loving dweeb. He showed up to Joe Rogan's show cosplaying the Falling Down guy. He literally doesn't understand satire. He is the type that thought Married with Children's Al Bundy was supposed to be laughed with, not at.

Falling Down Guy should be the alt-right's Scarface.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
lol

Conservatives are trying to come to terms with the fact that 1) maybe a couple tens of thousands of people in the entire country actually give a flying gently caress about ideological conservatism, meaning 2) they can choose between selling a poo poo ideology that has very little mass appeal or hitching themselves to unpredictable and untrustworthy youtube personalities who will change ideologies as soon as it suits them

quote:

This Tomi Lahren Experiment Was a Real Bad Idea
By Peter Heck | March 18, 2017, 11:41am | @peterheck

There’s a reason why it usually doesn’t end well when a kid goes straight from a life of party and privilege to the bright lights of a professional sports career. They have no clue how to handle the responsibility of fame and fortune. Just look at the fall of Johnny Manziel.

There’s a reason why it usually doesn’t end well when someone mired in unemployed poverty wins the lottery and lands in the lap of luxury. They are oblivious about how to maneuver the challenges of money and power. Just look at the depressing case of David Lee Edwards.

And there’s a reason why it usually doesn’t end well when someone who lacks any meaningful or serious understanding of political philosophy and ideology is thrust in front of a camera and promoted as a conservative spokesman. They are pitifully unprepared to exercise the disciplines of reason and discernment. Just look at the sorry spectacle of Tomi Lahren. :qq:

In a culture that bizarrely worships youth and beauty, it is unsurprising that Lahren’s rise to fame has been meteoric. And make no mistake, Tomi has certainly demonstrated a talent for increasing her notoriety with provocative commentaries timed to coincide with significant national controversies. Her prolific use of social media has propelled her to over 664,000 followers on Twitter, and earned her invitations onto numerous television news and commentary programs.

If gaining popularity and getting your face on TV were the primary objectives of conservatism, she would be a rock star. But since the movement has always been about the supremacy of our ideas, it’s what she says on TV that matters most. And that’s the great danger of this emerging movement of pop culture “conservatism” driven by followers and web traffic, rather than principles. It’s only a matter of time before it casually defecates in the right’s dinner plate with the whole country watching. :cry:

Friday on the obnoxious ABC gabfest “The View,” Tomi Lahren did just that:

quote:

“I’m pro choice, and here’s why. I am a constitutional, you know, someone that loves the Constitution. I’m someone that’s for limited government. So I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies. I can sit here and say that, as a Republican and I can say, you know what, I’m for limited government, so stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well.”

This is so mindlessly incoherent that Glenn Beck should be humiliated he has given this poser such a platform of prominence. Not just because he’s promoted someone who finds it morally acceptable to kill children for convenience (though that’s plenty good enough), but because she demonstrates such a childish misunderstanding of natural law and constitutional theory.

For someone who just three months ago fumed how abortion was murder, Lahren has not just experienced second thoughts. She has now apparently arrived at the startling conclusion that limited government means not stopping someone from killing someone else. If Lahren is so worried about being a hypocrite, perhaps she should use one of her popular “Final Thoughts” segments to explain why she wants government to tell other people they can’t kill her, but demands that same government not tell her she can’t kill her baby. :argh:

This isn’t reason. It’s stupidity on steroids.

The great conservatives have always understood that the intrinsic worth of the individual was the foundation point of all we believe and espouse. Without the right to life, there is no liberty, and there is no happiness to pursue. So here’s a suggestion for all parties involved:

Tomi Lahren: take some time away from the camera, read and learn what conservatism is, and decide if that’s what you are or what you want to be.
Glenn Beck: you spent an election cycle critical of anyone on the right that pretended Trump’s incoherent populism was actually conservatism; will you permit The Blaze to continue pretending Tomi’s incoherent populism is?
Conservatives: let’s stop mimicking the leftist cult of personality approach that embraces whatever is considered trendy, young, and envelope-pushing; instead let’s again be known for the power of our ideas rather than 2-minute YouTube power rants by immature minds.
I refuse to believe that Tomi Lahren is the future of conservatism in America, because if she is, conservatism has no future here.

This guy is writing for Eric Ericson's new site, "The Resurgent". Also did they get the art director from the Man in the High Castle to design their logo or something?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

"I am the new counter-culture."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Helsing posted:

lol

Conservatives are trying to come to terms with the fact that 1) maybe a couple tens of thousands of people in the entire country actually give a flying gently caress about ideological conservatism, meaning 2) they can choose between selling a poo poo ideology that has very little mass appeal or hitching themselves to unpredictable and untrustworthy youtube personalities who will change ideologies as soon as it suits them

It's been about five years since I've read The Reactionary Mind, but one of its most important insights was how - because Conservatism is a reactionary ideology rooted in its opposition to liberalism, Conservatives are constantly struggling with newer generations who accept liberal challenges to inherited hierarchies as their core tenets. It only took a couple of decades before young right wing women accepted the key achievements of the sexual revolution for their own ideology, and the old men who dominate conservative discourse still can't deal with it.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's been about five years since I've read The Reactionary Mind, but one of its most important insights was how - because Conservatism is a reactionary ideology rooted in its opposition to liberalism, Conservatives are constantly struggling with newer generations who accept liberal challenges to inherited hierarchies as their core tenets. It only took a couple of decades before young right wing women accepted the key achievements of the sexual revolution for their own ideology, and the old men who dominate conservative discourse still can't deal with it.

The Reactionary Mind made a good case for a lot of contemporary American conservatism being more of an aesthetic rejection of liberalism and a celebration of hierarchy, struggle and violence. Except there are still a few dweebs who actually think conservatism is about free markets or family values or something and they are inconsolably bitter that Trump is now revealing that 99% of the people who vote for the Republican party don't actually give a gently caress about the ideological conservatism that big corporations and billionaire families like the Kochs, the Bradleys, the Scaifs, and the Olins have been bankrolling.

:qq: "The angry mob of people that we dispossessed and then whipped up into a state of perpetual psychotic fury keeps falling for blatantly self-promoting youtube hucksters and unhinged demagogues instead of expressing their fealty to the timeless ideals of Bill Buckley, whatever will happen to the conservative movement?"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/843929819821826050

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

4:20 -> 4:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Helsing posted:

The Reactionary Mind made a good case for a lot of contemporary American conservatism being more of an aesthetic rejection of liberalism and a celebration of hierarchy, struggle and violence. Except there are still a few dweebs who actually think conservatism is about free markets or family values or something and they are inconsolably bitter that Trump is now revealing that 99% of the people who vote for the Republican party don't actually give a gently caress about the ideological conservatism that big corporations and billionaire families like the Kochs, the Bradleys, the Scaifs, and the Olins have been bankrolling.

:qq: "The angry mob of people that we dispossessed and then whipped up into a state of perpetual psychotic fury keeps falling for blatantly self-promoting youtube hucksters and unhinged demagogues instead of expressing their fealty to the timeless ideals of Bill Buckley, whatever will happen to the conservative movement?"

American conservatism is perverted by its roots, since we founded the country on a constitution that was based on Enlightenment notions of liberty. It naturally tends to be a bourgeois reaction, as opposed to continental conservatism, which was a direct reaction to the French revolution.