Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

you should be allowed to have chinese communist style show trials for freaks like war machine who punched himself in the face repeatedly when the fake brett rogers twitter said he had a baby dick

I'm a lifelong staunch anti-death penalty guy, but if California (which has an incredibly active record with capital punishment) ever got something wrong and accidentally fired someone into the sun, now's the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Captain Log posted:

I'm a lifelong staunch anti-death penalty guy, but if California (which has an incredibly active record with capital punishment) ever got something wrong and accidentally fired someone into the sun, now's the time.

Unfortunately for you, this is in Nevada.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

Thank you. I'm a little addled with broken foot medicine and couldn't remember that precedent, or whatever the gently caress you call it.

Serious question.

Are you actually Samuel L Jackson's character from Unbreakable?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

Serious question.

Are you actually Samuel L Jackson's character from Unbreakable?

I dislike super heroes but I saw that movie ages ago and yes, I have been compared to him many times. I have more nicknames than I can count. But I am not, in fact, Mr. Glass. They call me Captain Log.

Weird fact - I've never seen a movie replicate the horrible feeling of drowning better than Unbreakable. (I've drowned)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Captain Log posted:

I dislike super heroes but I saw that movie ages ago and yes, I have been compared to him many times. I have more nicknames than I can count. But I am not, in fact, Mr. Glass. They call me Captain Log.

Weird fact - I've never seen a movie replicate the horrible feeling of drowning better than Unbreakable. (I've drowned)

be straight with me, are you posting from the grave?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

cis autodrag posted:

be straight with me, are you posting from the grave?

I'm pretty sure not - but experience being subjective and all who knows. Everything seems way to ridiculous for me to actually be dead.

Edit : I just realized that sounded like a joke. I have drowned but no medical people were on the scene so it's not known how far gone I was.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 18, 2017

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
https://twitter.com/MMAWorldSeries/status/843324894842560512

love Ivanov for his almost-stabbed-to-death base for MMA

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Ironic Twist posted:

https://twitter.com/MMAWorldSeries/status/843324894842560512

love Ivanov for his almost-stabbed-to-death base for MMA

He was fighting an anthropomorphic pot of noodles, good for him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
ryan bader

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
byan rader

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Reporter: Are you going to match Bellator's offer to Ryan Bader?
Dana White: No.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Reporter: Are you going to match Bellator's offer to Ryan Bader?
Dana White: No.

I got you dogg.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

bellator 180 chael vs. wanderlei on PPV in MSG in june

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

handsome only face posted:

HOLY gently caress.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i would say relax because it's not that huge and also won't happeen

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

bellator should either try and build up their own, legitimate fighters or just go full freakshow like rizin. basing you ppv numbers on remembering dinosaurs from another, better, organization doesn't sound like a sound long term business strategy but then again what do i know.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

That's a hell of a PPV for 2013, anyone think the rescheduled Meathead/Fedor fight ends up on that card as well?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

kensei posted:

That's a hell of a PPV for 2013, anyone think the rescheduled Meathead/Fedor fight ends up on that card as well?

I imagine they will try to stack it as much as they are capable of doing with their roster.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Where can I bet that that fight does not happen at that event?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

...and the pitch! posted:

Where can I bet that that fight does not happen at that event?

I am torn. I want both Chael and Wandy to get paid, but as a person with pets/passed pets named after both fighters, I don't see how this turns out well.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Captain Log posted:

I am torn. I want both Chael and Wandy to get paid, but as a person with pets/passed pets named after both fighters, I don't see how this turns out well.

It isn't going to happen.

Wanderlei will be convicted and put away for actual ax murder first.

fedit: based on gently caress all.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 20, 2017

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Ariel reporting that Bader vs Davis is tapped for that card as well

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Good news War Machine is going to jail!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/20/14988048/war-machine-found-guilty-on-29-charges-in-christy-mack-assault-case

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Good.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

TheCool69 posted:

Ariel reporting that Bader vs Davis is tapped for that card as well

That's the worst news ever.

Cool. The current broken clock of our justice system is at least right twice a day, I suppose.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Good. gently caress that guy.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I hope he actually gets life and doesn't get off easy with "just" 20 years or whatever

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

One of the few charges that wasn't a guilty verdict was the one for sexual assault which is pretty hosed, kidnapping is apparently life though and he's convicted on that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Captain Log posted:

HOLY gently caress.

I feel like you and I are the last two people on Earth excited to see Chael fight

Edit: well, and Joel

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 21, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

EmmyOk posted:

One of the few charges that wasn't a guilty verdict was the one for sexual assault which is pretty hosed, kidnapping is apparently life though and he's convicted on that.

Not quite correct

"He was found not guilty of three charges including burglary with use of a deadly weapon, sexually motivated coercion and battery with intent to commit sexual, according to Fox 5."

The sexual assault charges he was found guilty of. The attempted murder charges resulted in a hung jury so the prosecution can refile them if they wish though it would require another trial.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

All the charges

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Joking aside, I mentioned being anti-capital punishment and I am. But in the States kidnapping is still a capital (hanging) offense in a good deal of places. That's an extremely seriously crime.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I feel like you and I are the last two people on Earth excited to see Chael fight

Edit: well, and Joel

Have they made up yet? He is a doofus but Jesus Chael is rough on him.

Also Chael liked my tweet about my bird being named after him the day I broke my ankle. Things balance out.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lid posted:

All the charges

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Reportedly Bellator isn't trying to rebook Fedor/Mitrione so I assume their flirtation with Russian magicians didn't pan out and their heavyweight division is going to go back to everyone dreaming of the days of milk and Cole Konrad

also War Machine cannot get jailed hard enough and the PPV is going to fail miserably if it even happens.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Captain Log posted:

But in the States kidnapping is still a capital (hanging) offense in a good deal of places.

I'm confused. Are you insinuating that kidnapping is punishable by death in parts of this country?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

JaySB posted:

I'm confused. Are you insinuating that kidnapping is punishable by death in parts of this country?

Yes, but it hasn't been done in a while. Give me a bit and I'll find a source. I've been out of University for twelve years so I'm a little "behind" on the cutting edge fact stuff.

Edit : Here is the statue or whatever it's called.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201

I'll dig around for some cases.

Double Edit : Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Kidnapping_Act

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 21, 2017

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Looking forward to seeing how Chael pulls a loss out of his hat

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

CarlCX posted:

Reportedly Bellator isn't trying to rebook Fedor/Mitrione so I assume their flirtation with Russian magicians didn't pan out and their heavyweight division is going to go back to everyone dreaming of the days of milk and Cole Konrad

also War Machine cannot get jailed hard enough and the PPV is going to fail miserably if it even happens.

I'm very surprised they're even going to try it again so long after their last one. I have to think they'll try to stick Paul Daley on it against someone too. And they won't give up on Fedor vs someone.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Looking forward to seeing how Chael pulls a loss out of his hat

Can someone who hasn't had a Wanderlei avatar and currently owning a Chael avatar break down that fight please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I'm very surprised they're even going to try it again so long after their last one. I have to think they'll try to stick Paul Daley on it against someone too. And they won't give up on Fedor vs someone.

He's already fighting Rory in May IIRC