Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

Was she/he trans? I don't recall it reading that way at all.

Yes, Krem is a trans male. He's the one to bring it up by joking about The Iron Bull's man tits and offering to help Bull bind them. You can talk to Krem about it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kirios posted:

No, I remember the person, I just don't remember it being trans at all.

Which, I guess is a good thing? I just thought of it as a buff woman trying to be in a group of pretty masculine men and it's hard to be a woman in that kind of company. At no point did I think it was a transgender female to male. 100% female.

It's Krem and he has an entire backstory that comes out if you save the Chargers (you're a monster if you don't save the Chargers). Also voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I liked the male Shepard Kaiden romance in ME3. I felt it sort of explained him being pissed off at you in the second game. Am I bad?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

precision posted:

Seriously though:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > ME: Andromeda - Sexuality's a spectrum, not a colecovision

Yeah Sera was decent, with better voice direction (I didn't really mind the accent on its own) and slightly better script she would have been S Tier Companion.

Her banter with the others was great though, especially Blackwall and Solas.

Couldn't you ask them about their gender and then have them tell you off for being an insensitive rear end in a top hat? Honestly can't remember if that was written well or eyerolly

yeah. i agree with that about sera(i just think he politics/ideas are dumb, but that makes her interesting) and yeah they go apeshit on you no matter how you ask which kinda hurts the message sorta.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 20, 2017

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

monster on a stick posted:

But then you get Hawke-sexual which everybody seemed to hate in DA2 even though most Bioware players actually want it.

They could do what plenty of other games do and just let the player choose who they're attracted to at the start of the game, which works just fine for, say, all the Choice Of games, except Gaider considers it ~objectionable~.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
imo the actual best bit of "progressive" writing in DA:I was how women were frequently in positions of authority or power and nobody questioned it or brought it up at all

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

buglord posted:

Or go full Alpha Protocol mode and face a burly German woman who ties you down on a bench and forces the romance scene on you.

Does she also mention her VERY LARGE UNCIRCUMSIZED PENIS.

... dammit, that should be a DLC option.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh, I didn't save the Chargers, so I guess that's why.

I suppose that's the kind of thing that Andromeda sorely lacks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

It's Krem and he has an entire backstory that comes out if you save the Chargers (you're a monster if you don't save the Chargers). Also voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Kern's "intro" was awkward but I thought the way that character was handled for the rest of the game was perfectly fine

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Iron Bull only lectures you if you pick the "but she's a girl!" response that you should also probably not use IRL situations w/ trans people.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

widespread posted:

Does she also mention her VERY LARGE UNCIRCUMSIZED PENIS.

... dammit, that should be a DLC option.

Down Loadable Cocktent would probably sell very well

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

monster on a stick posted:

But then you get Hawke-sexual which everybody seemed to hate in DA2 even though most Bioware players actually want it.

Maybe we'll be able to romance a Hanar in the ME:A DLC.

I think people hated that because even if they were technically Bi, it was treated so ambiguously you would think they were straight or gay unless you romanced them as the opposite gender. See Ander's romance in DA2, where if you were playing as a Male Hawke, Anders would talk about his relationship with another man. This is never brought up if you were playing as Female Hawke.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 20, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't like "hawkesexual" because it comes across like they made the characters for your sexual gratification rather than having them have opinions and motivations of their own

which is actually true but you shouldn't be so blatant about it

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Down Loadable Cocktent would probably sell very well

It'll probably do more for sales than ME:A microtransactions.

Or at the very least get me to buy it. Add in a form of jo crystal and I guess I can forgive

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Alain Post posted:

I don't like "hawkesexual" because it comes across like they made the characters for your sexual gratification rather than having them have opinions and motivations of their own
Their opinions and motivations are that Hawke is hot as hell and they want to gently caress him/her.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

precision posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > ME: Andromeda - Sexuality's a spectrum, not a colecovision

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > ME: Andromeda - Sexuality's a spectrum, not a cloaca

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Alain Post posted:

I can only imagine the cringeworthy outrage if Bioware introduces a female NPC high on the attractive scale, but completely unwilling to romance the player, regardless of gender.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

buglord posted:

I can only imagine the cringeworthy outrage if Bioware introduces a female NPC high on the attractive scale, but completely unwilling to romance the player, regardless of gender.

wasn't that Vivienne in DA:I

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I also liked that in the case of Hawke you can't really get a relationship going until you have known these characters (in game) for literally years instead of immediately banging your sex-ram against their gates as soon as you see them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Alain Post posted:

That's the fundamental reason why the vast majority Bioware romances come off as kind of skeezy. You have to imagine some dude writing and rewriting drafts of dialogue for the sexy spacebabe to get you (the player's) rocks off, some actor recording them, some animator sticking all the pieces together, and uh yikes this is just supposed to be a video game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
all these positive DA:I comments are almost making me forget how much time I spent on the awful sidequests and everything involving Cole

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

buglord posted:

Wasn't that Miranda

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

euphronius posted:

Wasn't that Miranda

You could romance Miranda. If you broke up with her in ME3 she died because she got emotional, as women are wont to do.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Alain Post posted:

all these positive DA:I comments are almost making me forget how much time I spent on the awful sidequests and everything involving Cole

People rag on Sera all the time but Cole doesn't nearly get enough poo poo. Cole was the loving worst, magical children are the worst trope and all his magnetic poetry dialogue sucked rear end.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Given that she was both black and bald, I have a sneaking suspicion that the majority did not care very much.

euphronius posted:

Wasn't that Miranda
What are you on about

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Alain Post posted:

Yes, and apparently also Dr. Lexi in this game.

Sombrerotron posted:

Given that she was both black and bald, I have a sneaking suspicion that the majority did not care very much.

I cared, but I'll acknowledge I'm probably the minority. Though lots of people actually dislike Vivienne more for her politic opinions.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

buglord posted:

I imagine it would be similar to Lesbians who wanted to romance Cassandra or Cora as a female PC

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

euphronius posted:

Wasn't that Miranda

Look at this guy, he didn't get with Miranda's genetically enhanced rear end

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh you could sex Miranda

I didn't know :shrug:

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Alain Post posted:

You could romance Miranda. If you broke up with her in ME3 she died because she got emotional, as women are wont to do.

They also do that if you don't break up with them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Vivienne was awesome, great character and #1 Slay Queen.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sombrerotron posted:

look people here want to gently caress the spiny bird people, are bald black women really that much of an issue

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

buglord posted:

You can't gently caress EDI though. Check and mate.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

Vivienne was awesome, great character and #1 Slay Queen.

Cassandra and Vivienne were my favorite characters in that game.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

euphronius posted:

Wasn't that Miranda
I thought she was open to make doing the sex with her?

exquisite tea posted:

That's the fundamental reason why the vast majority Bioware romances come off as kind of skeezy. You have to imagine some dude writing and rewriting drafts of dialogue for the sexy spacebabe to get you (the player's) rocks off, some actor recording them, some animator sticking all the pieces together, and uh yikes this is just supposed to be a video game.
So long as fans ask for it, I see this going on for a long time. I'd still love to see Bioware rile up gamers by just avoiding all the romancing.

precision posted:

This is a goony as hell opinion, but I felt sort of insulted when 3D-EDI was a thing.

Yeah Bioware, as a video game consumer, I'm so crazed for boobs that I totally want an AI-sidecharacter (if that) to be some robo-boob chick.

buglord fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 20, 2017

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Alain Post posted:

look people here want to gently caress the spiny bird people, are bald black women really that much of an issue
This is the BioWare fanbase we are talking about here.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

How many mods are there just to make Isabela white?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

precision posted:

What a strange decision to hyper-sexualize the ship's AI to the point of giving her massive camel toe but then not make her romanceable.
It's actually incredible restraint on Bioware's part.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
EDI is romancable. Just not by you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
we never got to gently caress the citadel either, shame