Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

monster on a stick posted:

It would be nice if Bioware went beyond just "this character not interested in males, this character not interested in females." Like one who will only bang you if you are a redhead.

I have a kink for Sentinels because I want them to use the glowy armor in bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

evilmiera posted:

What does heat seeking plasma even mean? Wouldn't it just seek itself?

!!!!!????

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

Hey buddy, I'M a hetero, and I don't much care for all this talk about burning my kind...unless you cover me in chocolate and sandwich me between some tasty graham crackers.

The graham crackers being a metaphor for sexy Colombian women, of course.

Look, you're one of the good ones, when I burn all heteros I'm willing to consider your case seperately or at the very least just burn you towards the end

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
You may have to suck a dick though

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

evilmiera posted:

What does heat seeking plasma even mean? Wouldn't it just seek itself?

no no it seeks a PATH to differential heat from the surrounding environment.

Hedrigall posted:

You may have to suck a dick though
I'm sorry, but I try to live my life according to Bioware's game practices, so I'm afraid I can only suck the dick of a female character since I am a male character.

Them's the rules, bud.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 20, 2017

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
Where the hell do I get my deep space explorers armor

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

2house2fly posted:

You just described a list of character traits and don't seem to think it was intentional?

i said i wasnt sure and i like to think it was because that would make the other option(she is terribly written character) more valid.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Alain Post posted:

I have a kink for Sentinels because I want them to use the glowy armor in bed.

Please apply for a writing position at Bioware since you are a better writer than who they have right now.

(or maybe character animation since you are probably better at that too)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Drifter posted:

no no it seeks a PATH to differential heat from the surrounding environment.

Hey plasma, get out there. Pathfind.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kurieg posted:

Hey plasma, get out there. Pathfind.

You can't pathFIND if you've never PathPLASMA'd.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Rinkles posted:

Thanks. That's more or less the picture I've gathered from reviews. Obviously not trash, with some strengths, but a let down in many ways following the previous heights of the series.
Yeah. For what it's worth, though, I didn't notice any bugs except for some enemy corpse getting in the wrong place and driving the physics engine insane at one point and a couple of minor animation glitches. Seemed fine to me overall.

euphronius posted:

Is it fun ?? :iiam:
Opinions vary on whether the combat is good or not, although most seem to agree that it is. If nothing else, it's more frantic and dynamic than was usually the case in the previous games. Talking to people - quality and content of the dialogue aside - is as it's always been. There's a lot of open space to explore in the manner of DA:I. There's new codex entries to read. You get to investigate mysterious alien technology and ruins. Whether all this equals fun or not is subjective, but as I said, I'm finding the overall experience pretty enjoyable so far.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

precision posted:

And then Alain said that Dorian having a genuine real-life type conflict with his family about his sexuality was obvious pandering or whatever
From what I've seen of Dragon Age Inquisition Dorian's side quest is literally about how being gay has affected his life.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i said i wasnt sure and i like to think it was because that would make the other option(she is terribly written character) more valid.

I think Sera is bad mainly because her humor is way too much of the Whedon-lite poo poo that has infected Bioware since at least DA:O. The poo poo you actually mentioned was what I liked about her, I like characters that actually confront the PC's worldview and motivations.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Can Bioware just make the goddam alien dating sim their fanbase has been pining for over the past decade or so?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Alain Post posted:

The issue isn't really with that single portrayal, it's more about the limited roles gay/queer characters are "allowed" to play in fiction. It's a systemic problem, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to roll my eyes every time it still pops up.

Right, which is why I said I basically agree with your general point. :)

I'm bisexual (well, pansexual technically) and I absolutely loving hate that "bisexual" is usually just code for "horny af".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dexo posted:

To be fair everyone in Bioware games does that.

Like even the straight relationships if you are nice characters start sending out the "gently caress ME NOW" signs.

Not quite always. I mean, most of the time, yeah, but Garrus's ME2 romance only had one point to start, and his default even if you started hinting was assuming that Shepard just wanted to spar after his little story about sparring and banging.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Angara are Andromeda natives right? Cause I haven't seen any signs of a civilized world in any of the footage. Where's their homeland?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rinkles posted:

Angara are Andromeda natives right? Cause I haven't seen any signs of a civilized world in any of the footage. Where's their homeland?

If only half of us can gently caress 'em why do you even caare?

(it probably looks just like earth, but with human sized cat scratchers at every street corner)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Rinkles posted:

The Kett terraformed it, in all likelihood. It's probably one of the last worlds you visit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

monster on a stick posted:

It would be nice if Bioware went beyond just "this character not interested in males, this character not interested in females." Like one who will only bang you if you are a redhead.

Unironically I wish that it were more like "I'm attracted to you, even though I'm not usually attracted to your gender" because sexuality is a spectrum, not a colecovision.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kurieg posted:

The Kett terraformed it, in all likelihood. It's probably one of the last worlds you visit.

Were people serious when they said there were only 4 worlds instead of the promised seven to visit?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

What a shame, I'm having this issue where my manual saves will work but my autosaves just load forever.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

precision posted:

Right, which is why I said I basically agree with your general point. :)

I'm bisexual (well, pansexual technically) and I absolutely loving hate that "bisexual" is usually just code for "horny af".

ya im gay and I loving hate that pop fiction's view of "the gay experience" is that gay people sit around and talk about "the gay experience" all day. Also they get beat up and die of AIDS and get disowned by their parents. just so you can see the general spot i'm coming from here

e) Sera, despite having the worst sense of humor in Bioware history, which is a loving accomplishment, is actually a good counterpoint here, she's a lesbian but always comes across as a person with their own (stupid) motivations that frequently put her in opposition to the player. which is exactly the kind of interesting role that gay people don't really get to play that often, because the writer decides to do something "important" and have them die of a fatal case of intolerance

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 20, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

Can't wait for the monstrosities this game will produce

:eyepop:

Monster Factory's gonna be a good one

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

precision posted:

I have a confession:

I've never played Vanguard in ME1.

See what I'm talking about? And you have the temerity to call other people out for having opinions.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

(it probably looks just like earth, but with human sized cat scratchers at every street corner)

So it looks like every street in my dreams :sigh:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

chiasaur11 posted:

Not quite always. I mean, most of the time, yeah, but Garrus's ME2 romance only had one point to start, and his default even if you started hinting was assuming that Shepard just wanted to spar after his little story about sparring and banging.
Jacob's the most resistant to getting involved with Shepard if memory serves.

Alain Post posted:

ya im gay and I loving hate that pop fiction's view of "the gay experience" is that gay people sit around and talk about "the gay experience" all day. Also they get beat up and die of AIDS and get disowned by their parents. just so you can see the general spot i'm coming from here

e) Sera, despite having the worst sense of humor in Bioware history, which is a loving accomplishment, is actually a good counterpoint here, she's a lesbian but always comes across as a person with their own (stupid) motivations that frequently put her in opposition to the player. which is exactly the kind of interesting role that gay people don't really get to play that often, because the writer decides to do something "important" and have them die of a fatal case of intolerance
What's your view on the transgender character in Iron Bull's crew? I forget his name, but aside from his gender being brought up at all I thought he was well-treated by the script.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drifter posted:

If only half of us can gently caress 'em why do you even caare?

so, better earth

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Grey Fox posted:

Can't wait for the monstrosities this game will produce

I'll repeat this once again - this is the perfect game for creating a playable Kramer.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kinda baddass

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Low-key, I kinda want a romance option in an ME game to be "here's my VERY LARGE UNCIRCUMSIZED PENIS, that's considered attractive r-right".

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

precision posted:

Unironically I wish that it were more like "I'm attracted to you, even though I'm not usually attracted to your gender" because sexuality is a spectrum, not a colecovision.

But then you get Hawke-sexual which everybody seemed to hate in DA2 even though most Bioware players actually want it.

Maybe we'll be able to romance a Hanar in the ME:A DLC.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sombrerotron posted:

What's your view on the transgender character in Iron Bull's crew? I forget his name, but aside from his gender being brought up at all I thought he was well-treated by the script.

Was she/he trans? I don't recall it reading that way at all.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Initiating any kind of romance in a Mass Effect game should give you renegade points.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Kirios posted:

It comes out if you join Bull when he parties with the Chargers.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kirios posted:

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Cremisius_Aclassi

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

precision posted:

I have a confession:

I've never played Vanguard in ME1.

Let me tell you: you are really not missing much. Being able to use biotics on a Geth Colossus is hilarious but biotic charge really made that class come together.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

widespread posted:

Low-key, I kinda want a romance option in an ME game to be "here's my VERY LARGE UNCIRCUMSIZED PENIS, that's considered attractive r-right".
Or go full Alpha Protocol mode and face a burly German woman who ties you down on a bench and forces the romance scene on you.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

No, I remember the person, I just don't remember it being trans at all.

Which, I guess is a good thing? I just thought of it as a buff woman trying to be in a group of pretty masculine men and it's hard to be a woman in that kind of company. At no point did I think it was a transgender female to male. 100% female.

Edit: Of course, I really don't care about this thing at all. I thought it was a pretty good character, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Seriously though:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > ME: Andromeda - Sexuality's a spectrum, not a colecovision

Alain Post posted:

Yeah Sera was decent, with better voice direction (I didn't really mind the accent on its own) and slightly better script she would have been S Tier Companion.

Her banter with the others was great though, especially Blackwall and Solas.

Sombrerotron posted:

Couldn't you ask them about their gender and then have them tell you off for being an insensitive rear end in a top hat? Honestly can't remember if that was written well or eyerolly