Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJykE0KhoRU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vWgAAciNR0

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Hey I need plat to play mafia right? For the PMs?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

dogmother1776 posted:

It's good to have but most mods will be ok using email correspondence. Ask when you sign up.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Don't bother with either and insist you're the cop the whole game. Make up your results.

Mafia 101, folks.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Don't bother with either and insist you're the cop the whole game. Make up your results.

Mafia 101, folks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
lol if you read your PMs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
you folks are great to new people :)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

dogmother1776 posted:

All you need to play Mafia is a mediocre understanding of game mechanics and a game to play in, but some mods would insist on PMs just because it's so much easier. As stated prior: ask mod / reach out / say hello / quench your thirst with the blood of your enemies.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dogmother1776 posted:

Most mods are pretty open about ways to contact you, so don't feel like you need it. Most scum discussions happen via googledocs nowadays, or on discord channels.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PMs are actually the worst method of role pm distribution

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
post all role pms in the thread

players must guess which one is theirs

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
actually chili used an interesting system where role PMs would be run through computer encryption and posted in the thread, then players pick their PM.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

EccoRaven posted:

actually chili used an interesting system where role PMs would be run through computer encryption and posted in the thread, then players pick their PM.

There's a way to do pastebin where it is only viewable to the first person to open the link. If you could count on people to only open one, that could be hilarious.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

Max did something similar for his recent game!

I have an idea for a game later in the pipeline where people will pick characters based on public descriptions in the OP - I think Anidav did something similar for one of his games several months back.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I only need one more for my game, come play with mafia superstars like..er...well, come and play!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

I have an idea for a game later in the pipeline where people will pick characters based on public descriptions in the OP - I think Anidav did something similar for one of his games several months back.

8bux does this kind of thing with his roles. You get a flavour and then you choose some sort of object that gives you your role.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

I only need one more for my game, come play with mafia superstars like..er...well, come and play!

sign me up and link me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

sign me up and link me

Kash is an escape goat.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Kash is an escape goat.

lol I'm glad I'm not the only one here also reading that thread

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kashuno posted:

sign me up and link me

too late. too late liz lemon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

Yeah, I had everyone's role in a folder that everyone could see, but everyone had to create a unique username and password so they could access it. I also didn't flip people beyond their alignment, so you had to break in to other people's pdf in order to view their role (or be smart and just download the pdf so you never had to bother with the role folder again.)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Kash is an escape goat.

kumba posted:

I had a different phrase in mind then forgot it and conflated the two :((((

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

I'll never post in it, but it is amusing to read.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I post in it on occasion, generally when I am simultaneously yelling at my computer at the office while watching spicey or some other bullshit on youtube

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
From now on, whenever Kash joins a game of mafia, I hope that his flavor is an escaped goat.

And Kash, just to be clear: I don't think you're stupid for that phrase. I just find it completely amusing. Like I just keep picturing a goat who has escaped from his pen and is looking at someone/something in a confused manner.

Either that or a goat wearing a cape while performing escape artist acts.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Here lies Kashuno's dignity, yet another victim of the Trump administration

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Here lies Kashuno's dignity, yet another victim of the Trump administration

*the rest of the thread looks like a confused escape goat because nobody thought Kash had dignity in the first place*

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Hey maf thread just posting to say I pulled from Megaman because I had to be rushed to hospital and have tests etc. I'm better now, just catching up with work. Hope the game went well.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Dugong posted:

Hey maf thread just posting to say I pulled from Megaman because I had to be rushed to hospital and have tests etc. I'm better now, just catching up with work. Hope the game went well.

it just ended! hope you're doing alright friendo

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dugong posted:

Wow, sounds scary. Hope you're all right.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stay safe dugong ghost

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I actually played some shovel knight which I'm told is like megaman so I was there in spirit?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Dugong posted:

I actually played some shovel knight which I'm told is like megaman so I was there in spirit?

It's okay, Somber replaced you and got murdered on the last day, winning the game for town. You won!

Speaking of megamafia I want to run the third one Soon so my lessons from the second one stick but I want some COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION: PM me a Robot Master or other Mega Man character and maybe they'll get put in the mix for M33: Epsilon Fucks It Up Less Bad

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would like to once again be cum man

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

s
p
l
a
s
h

w
o
m
a
n

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

It's okay, Somber replaced you and got murdered on the last day, winning the game for town. You won!

Speaking of megamafia I want to run the third one Soon so my lessons from the second one stick but I want some COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION: PM me a Robot Master or other Mega Man character and maybe they'll get put in the mix for M33: Epsilon Fucks It Up Less Bad

Bass

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Shovel Knight Rules. It's a v. good game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

was in the first one but I kinda want to rework his role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mr. F! posted:

Shovel Knight Rules. It's a v. good game.

yeah it really is.