Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tenebrais posted:

Prompto gets the hot pants and chaps or whatever it was.

No way, those have Gladiolus written all over them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

"Let's go for a nice walk around the city. Here's the market where you get missions and buy healing items. Oh, and here's the currently blocked off power plant where you're totally going to have a mission later, possibly while disguised as a woman."

oh man if this game has the equivalent of Don Corneos mansion i will be so happy

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Better make sure the Don picks Prompto or else he'll get the chance to snag some blown out (despite being in a dimly lit room) blackmail photos of him about to get it on with you.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Kuvo posted:

oh man if this game has the equivalent of Don Corneos mansion i will be so happy

As if se'd ever do that again. I rather doubt they'd have the stomach for the reception that's guaranteed to have.

Did you guys not turn prompto back off the "use this lovely filter a bunch" setting you set in like, the third episode, or is this his natural level of "everything looks better if i crank the brightness and add a blue layer"? Because he's doing it at every drat photo-op.

Anyway good work team

Also, Benson, you have my personal approval to turn around and look at something else if there is a car-waxing scene. It's okay, you don't have to look at the videogame tity.

Except for the weird half-waders and cutoffs, which I can only assume are that city's coned worker's uniform. Probably best not to think too hard about that. But I couldn't help but notice that the power plant looked a lot like a spidertank, and now I assume this game's gravest sin is that it will not, in fact, become a spidertank for you to fight at some point.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Despite my disdain for this game, I'm really feeling cheated by all the stuff they've added since release. Where were you when I played, camera mode?! Where?!!

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: MORE EPS W/ BANDUNK :frogsiren:

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I'm almost disappointed you didn't get Ignis to die because his death rattle sounds really ridiculous and goofy. I also like that those giraffes showed up in the middle of the road just as you guys were complaining about there being nothing to do while driving. :allears:

Vyv's photo quests are usually worth doing if you're feeling short on money since he's the only quest giver besides the hunt quests at restaurants who actually pays you worth anything in raw cash.

Is Prompto's DLC camera equipped? Because that camera always puts a really lovely looking blue filter on everything by default, I have no idea what the devs were thinking when they put that garbage out. His regular camera is a lot better.*

*disclaimer: no quality of camera can fix Prompto

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm pretty sure Prompto is the guy you should give those guns to. "Machinery" or whatever the game calls it seems to be his thing.

I'm curious, too, now that you're a million miles away from the car - if you go to the petrol station at Lestallum and walk up to the pump and "refuel car". Will your car teleport to where you are?

Also, those huge stone arches everywhere desperately need to be climbed on.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Damnit Noct, that's not how you dab.

Also I'd forgotten how much I needed Bandunk singing in my life.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm curious, too, now that you're a million miles away from the car - if you go to the petrol station at Lestallum and walk up to the pump and "refuel car". Will your car teleport to where you are?
you can only refuel a car if it's close enough to the pump. Like if it's on the street outside the gas station it'll just say something like "move the car closer dipshit".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Oh well. I saw them do it one time at Hammerhead when the car was parked away from the pump, but still on site, and wondered how far you could go.

It seems obvious that it should be something which wouldn't work, but we've all been watching the same LP.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The turtle wax makes the car faster. And gives it better gas mileage.

Somehow.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Something something AERODYNAMICS !

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.

Lunethex posted:

Something something AERODYNAMICS !

Ridiculously sexualized car mechanics have the ability to make cars faster using special turtle wax found in dungeons, this is scientific fact. :science:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

The turtle wax makes the car faster. And gives it better gas mileage.

Somehow.

Just better gas mileage, and I think it keeps dirt off for longer or something?. There are only two speed upgrades in the game and they're not until way later.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I'm starting a gofundme to pay for topikal to go to video game school

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

:shittypop:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Why does that style work so well for them

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The powerpuff girls were made with chemical x. Obviously cup noodles contain Chemical Y.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Tenebrais posted:

Why does that style work so well for them

Because they are naive children

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

When is Noctis going to get married?

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.

Lunethex posted:

When is Noctis going to get married?

When Prompto stops insisting on not hiring a professional photographer for the ceremony.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The only wedding where the dress looked blue and bloomy.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lt. Conquistador posted:

When Prompto stops insisting on not hiring a professional photographer for the ceremony.

So he's doomed to an eternity as a bachelor?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MR. J posted:

The only wedding where the dress looked blue and bloomy.

It's black and gold!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Does this game still have a sprawling Final Fantasy plot or is that like 5% of the game and the rest are dumb side "quests" and hunts like every other RPG made nowadays?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What in the hell is this?

http://www.target.com/p/final-fantasy-soda-energizing-elixir-12-oz/-/A-51325889

Video game soda, right into your mouth-hole, that's what. What a stupid promotion.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
But it isn't blue and doesn't provide Poisonproof!

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

White Coke posted:

So he's doomed to an eternity as a bachelor?

This had better be a purely rhetorical question.

Ben Carsons Ghost
Oct 27, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

What in the hell is this?

http://www.target.com/p/final-fantasy-soda-energizing-elixir-12-oz/-/A-51325889

Video game soda, right into your mouth-hole, that's what. What a stupid promotion.

How long until the first youtube video of someone squeeze-shattering one of these in his bare hand?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
At least target knows how to get back the HP that they got black out so they don't constantly have everyone at like 25% max health in fights!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That was a super limited launch day only special product.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ometeotl posted:

Was it tasty? Refreshing?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

I bought it like three weeks after it came out on the bottom shelf at a Target.

Shinjobi posted:

Was it tasty? Refreshing?

It's Jones' Orange and Cream I'm pretty sure, but I bought it as a gag gift for my brother and he hasn't opened it so I have no idea.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/848097883450626048

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

I don't have Photoshop on my laptop I'll make a picture later jeez leave me alone

EDIT: I made a picture

topiKal fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 4, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I hope you didn't have to pay for that expansion. Pretty hard to make arcade beat em ups worse, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
Nah it was free but I still feel like I got ripped off somehow

• Locked thread