Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Edit : Here is the statue or whatever it's called.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201

This does not mean what you think it means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Captain Log posted:

Can someone who hasn't had a Wanderlei avatar and currently owning a Chael avatar break down that fight please?

They're both old and bad and have one fight between both of them combined over like 3 years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Can someone who hasn't had a Wanderlei avatar and currently owning a Chael avatar break down that fight please?

Two old guys, who were part of (by far) my favorite hilarious canceled fight circumstance ever, finally fight for real maybe

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CarlCX posted:

Reportedly Bellator isn't trying to rebook Fedor/Mitrione so I assume their flirtation with Russian magicians didn't pan out and their heavyweight division is going to go back to everyone dreaming of the days of milk and Cole Konrad

also War Machine cannot get jailed hard enough and the PPV is going to fail miserably if it even happens.

Scott Coker is in love with Fedor, he's absolutely going to try to get him to fight somebody in Bellator still.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chris James 2 posted:

Two old guys, who were part of (by far) my favorite hilarious canceled fight circumstance ever, finally fight for real maybe

The best part of all that was Vitor being the only person involved who didn't fail a drug test.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

JaySB posted:

This does not mean what you think it means

I think you are being a little facetious or nitpicking but this isn't the thread for the argument. Kidnapping with aggravated tertiary circumstances is certainly a capital crime. Wait wait wait. Tertiary means, "third" right? Because of the nature of this interaction, let's scratch that word choice.

Chris James 2 posted:

Hopefully the fight goes about like the fight did on TUF, without a cadre of people wailing on Chael's head area.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I think you are being a little facetious or nitpicking but this isn't the thread for the argument. Kidnapping with aggravated tertiary circumstances is certainly a capital crime. Wait wait wait. Tertiary means, "third" right? Because of the nature of this interaction, let's scratch that word choice.

The only case for capital punishment for kidnapping is if you transport someone across state lines. Or they are a government official of any type.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

JaySB posted:

The only case for capital punishment for kidnapping is if you transport someone across state lines. Or they are a government official of any type.

So I was right? I have a little notebook I like to write things down in.

(I dig you man. We don't have to slap fight. Mostly because I'm pretty sure you would kill me with a scarf.)

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Not sure if anyone else here listens to You're Welcome With Chael Sonnen, but if you do and you hate his cohost as much as I do, you may enjoy watching him get choked out by Wes Sims on Fight pass. I enjoyed it.

https://www.ufc.tv/video/wes-sims-vs-joel-suprenant-wec-22

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

El Roncho posted:

Not sure if anyone else here listens to You're Welcome With Chael Sonnen, but if you do and you hate his cohost as much as I do, you may enjoy watching him get choked out by Wes Sims on Fight pass. I enjoyed it.

https://www.ufc.tv/video/wes-sims-vs-joel-suprenant-wec-22

I knew about that and never watched it. Thank you.

Wes Sims is a weird rear end freak of a man.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/844002033023770625

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hows the drug testing in New York?

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

kensei posted:

That's a hell of a PPV for 2013, anyone think the rescheduled Meathead/Fedor fight ends up on that card as well?

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lid posted:

Hows the drug testing in New York?

Fedor will be staying in Trump Tower so that the piss testers get held up by Secret Service.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

i can still taste him posted:

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

handsome only face posted:

bellator 180 chael vs. wanderlei on PPV in MSG in june

Bellator: Where You Can Watch 6 Year Old Grudge Fights

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I should have trusted Coker's love of Fedor over the internet.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Captain Log posted:

short + poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
although one of them might show up in reasonable condition like tito. but theres exactly 0 chance both of them will

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I hope they make Bader Vs Davis the ppv lead in fight and nobody buys it as a result

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I too am enthralled by a Bellator main event including THE Ryan Bader and Phil Davis.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

quote:

Bader said he signed a six-fight deal that has a full purse, rather than splitting between show money and a win bonus.

I know we aren't privy to a lot of contracts, but I'm thinking about it now and I don't know if I've heard of one like that before in MMA. Can anyone else?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

I should have trusted Coker's love of Fedor over the internet.

How many times has Coker ran a company into the ground to ride the Fedor train? I know Strikeforce (kinda) but was there anything else?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I know we aren't privy to a lot of contracts, but I'm thinking about it now and I don't know if I've heard of one like that before in MMA. Can anyone else?

errr i believe overeem was on 500k flat with the ufc. ronda got 3mil flat for her last fight. there's been others too i'm sure. it's not unheard of.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I don't know if many have it written into contract so all fight purses go that way but a flat sum isn't especially unheard of in the UFC for some of the more high profile fighters or champions.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah, I don't know if many have it written into contract so all fight purses go that way but a flat sum isn't especially unheard of in the UFC for some of the more high profile fighters or champions.

I always assumed with those big names that it was built into the back end somewhere. I guess it still could be, who knows.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Machida's been paid a flat amount for a while now IIRC

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Gilbert and Cain both earned flat payouts at one point or another too. It's uncommon but not rare.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think Bendo had a flat payout too.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I thought Wanderlei and Chael had lifetime bans

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Wanderlei did, but it got pseudo-appealed

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Chael got two years, Wandy for a lifetime ban that was over turned.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Bundt Cake posted:

I thought Wanderlei and Chael had lifetime bans

The court basically ruled that you can have lifetime bans as a penalty for cases where it makes sense, but you gotta write that poo poo down first, you can't just look at the athlete in a hearing and go "I'm really pissed at what you did, so now you're banned for life", especially when others who seemingly did worse got much lighter penalties, it was too arbitrary.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Unfunny Poster posted:

Bellator: Where You Can Watch 6 Year Old Grudge Fights

Bellator is the next greatest threat to UFC

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
There is no threat to the UFC.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nierbo posted:

There is no threat to the UFC.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Bellator is the next greatest threat to UFC

Both of these are true

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Captain Log posted:

Yes, but it hasn't been done in a while. Give me a bit and I'll find a source. I've been out of University for twelve years so I'm a little "behind" on the cutting edge fact stuff.

Edit : Here is the statue or whatever it's called.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201

I'll dig around for some cases.

Double Edit : Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Kidnapping_Act

Cool links!

what you posted posted:

Following the death penalty law revisions by the United States Supreme Court during the 1970s, kidnapping alone no longer constitutes a capital offense.

Word man, word.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Grem posted:

Cool links!

Word man, word.

Hey go easy on him. What with all the injuries and the like, he can't be expected to keep up with all of the rapid developments in laws and statutes which are older than he is.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZozCkdZixz4

Summary of events:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/21/15010026/funny-mma-video-knockout-fighter-submits-ref-tapout-regional-event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

CommonShore posted:

Hey go easy on him. What with all the injuries and the like, he can't be expected to keep up with all of the rapid developments in laws and statutes which are older than he is.

I hate you all and you remind me why I don't yet have a Doctoral degree.

(I love you all :) )