Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sounds as likely to have other recognizable Marvel character as Mutant X. Like, there might be a similar character or a name or something, but no extended universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

TRAIN
TO
BUSAN
NEW PAGE

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm going to actively avoid watching it to spite you for recommending it twice. What now buddy?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Cold watch Pontypool

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Junkie Disease posted:

Cold watch Pontypool

I did and can recommend it, at least.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Better Off Ted has more repeat viewing value in it than any tv show on Netflix that isn't named "30 Rock" or "Arrested Development".

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Train to Busan definitely continues the proud tradition of cool Korean movies prominently featuring trains and train-based action, this one being a zombie movie that actually feels pretty fresh in an oversaturated genre.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Chichevache posted:

Better Off Ted has more repeat viewing value in it than any tv show on Netflix that isn't named "30 Rock" or "Arrested Development".

Peep Show (even though its not on netflix anymore.)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. F! posted:

:doh: You got me. Shame it's off netflix. Peepshow has made me more uncomfortable about similarities I share with the characters than any show besides It's Always Sunny.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Peep show is on Hulu now though if you have that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ugh, we literally just cancelled Hulu this month. I miss having Taxi on demand already. :(

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Filthy Hans posted:

I finished Iron Fist, it starts to get better in the second half and then sinks back into mediocrity. Ward is the only character worth watching.

What really sucks is that The Hand are the thread tying together the various Netflix Marvel shows, and it's hard to think of a more boring antagonist than the inscrutable, mystical ninja menace.

Yeah, the first half was absolutely terrible. The only reason why I didn't turn it off was because I was too hungover to really care.

But then at some point it started to actually get good? I almost started to like it? But then it had a meh ending ruined by a lack of special effects budget.

Just the whole season was plagued by inconsistent tone and plotting, nebulous bad guys, and ridiculous subplots.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Chichevache posted:

:doh: You got me. Shame it's off netflix. Peepshow has made me more uncomfortable about similarities I share with the characters than any show besides It's Always Sunny.

Peep show is one of my favorite shows specifically because of the similarities you're thinking of. It's such a great show. I cant believe they dont have it on netflix anymore.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Shrink on Amazon Prime is getting a lot of laughs

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

There's a documentary on Netflix called Magnus that's pretty cool if you like chess.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. F! posted:

Peep show is one of my favorite shows specifically because of the similarities you're thinking of. It's such a great show. I cant believe they dont have it on netflix anymore.

Have you watched Sunny yet? It's incredibly uncomfortable when you start seeing yourself in any of them, particularly Dennis.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Pandora is one of the most intense disaster movies I've seen in a while. It centers around a nuclear meltdown at a south korean power plant and the people that try to contain the damage and the comically evil bureaucrats who try to cover it all up at the cost of human lives.They do a great job of making radiation loving horrifying and the action is fantastic, pretty light on the cg and pyrotechnics which is really refreshing.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

veni veni veni posted:

Peep show is on Hulu now though if you have that.

Do they have the new season?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I watched Train to Busan last night and yeah I guess what im saying is

TRAIN
TO
BUSAN

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

dogmother1776 posted:

There's a documentary on Netflix called Magnus that's pretty cool if you like chess.

This is really good, but as a slight warning, make sure you turn on the subtitles, since Magnus's interviews aren't in English (and the movie, for some reason, doesn't have subtitles when he talks).

Three episodes away from finishing Love season 2, and Daniel Stern as Mickey's dad was inspired casting.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I'm about 20 minutes into the first episode of Chappelles new stand-up specials on Netflix and it's good.

I'll be honest; I was a little worried that he'd lost his edge because I'd seen a very rambly Dave up on stage in Oakland a few years back but rest assured he's just great so far, he's really enjoying himself on stage, he's got great jokes.

Welcome Back to primetime Dave!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

tweet my meat posted:

Pandora is one of the most intense disaster movies I've seen in a while. It centers around a nuclear meltdown at a south korean power plant and the people that try to contain the damage and the comically evil bureaucrats who try to cover it all up at the cost of human lives.They do a great job of making radiation loving horrifying and the action is fantastic, pretty light on the cg and pyrotechnics which is really refreshing.

That sounds up my alley, I always like a nice subdued disaster movie, like The Wave or Contagion.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Mr. F! posted:

Peep Show is not good for rewatching, because knowing what happens makes everything that much more painful and uncomfortable. Peep Show still rules.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Peep Show is not good for rewatching, because knowing what happens makes everything that much more painful and uncomfortable. Peep Show still rules.

Yep, a few in particular for me: Mark's wedding, Super Hans' statutory rape of Sophie's nephew, and Jeremy telling Mark that Sophie's baby isn't his when it actually is

Sunny is never as uncomfortable, even with the darkest stuff surrounding Dennis: Dennis' statutory rape by that old lady teacher in middle school, Dennis buying a boat so he can scare women into sex with him, and the D.E.N.N.I.S. system just to name a few

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 21, 2017

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Filthy Hans posted:

Yep, a few in particular for me: Mark's wedding, Super Hans' statutory rape of Sophie's nephew, and Jeremy telling Mark that Sophie's baby isn't his when it actually is

Sunny is never as uncomfortable, even with the darkest stuff surrounding Dennis: Dennis' statutory rape by that old lady teacher in middle school, Dennis buying a boat so he can scare women into sex with him, and the D.E.N.N.I.S. system just to name a few

Jesus, I don't remember Super Hans committing statutory rape :stare:

Always Sunny's nowhere near as uncomfortable, except for maybe Charlie going after the waitress or when he's on the date and keeps calling himself a full on rapist instead of a philanthropist. The only TV I've seen that's anywhere near as uncomfortable as Peep Show is Scott's Tots.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Jesus, I don't remember Super Hans committing statutory rape :stare:

Always Sunny's nowhere near as uncomfortable, except for maybe Charlie going after the waitress or when he's on the date and keeps calling himself a full on rapist instead of a philanthropist. The only TV I've seen that's anywhere near as uncomfortable as Peep Show is Scott's Tots.

You must not have been watching the new episodes of Sunny, because Dennis is pretty much a serial killer now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chichevache posted:

You must not have been watching the new episodes of Sunny, because Dennis is pretty much a serial killer now.

You must not have watched the newest new episodes of Sunny

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Love season 2: still dig the show since I relate to both Gus and Mickey's painful awkwardness and destructive habits, but god drat, what a compelling ending. Favorite episode was easily the one where they took shrooms, while all the blatant plugs for Uber got REAL loving annoying.

And Bertie's bunny story :stare:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MacheteZombie posted:

You must not have watched the newest new episodes of Sunny

The secret family one? Just did. It was great.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chichevache posted:

The secret family one? Just did. It was great.

That and the Gang Tends the Bar really played up his "straight man" role in the gang's craziness.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PII6o4lZ5q4

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MacheteZombie posted:

That and the Gang Tends the Bar really played up his "straight man" role in the gang's craziness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBGZbqvnGQI

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk3EVQnpQWs

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

air- posted:

Love season 2: still dig the show since I relate to both Gus and Mickey's painful awkwardness and destructive habits, but god drat, what a compelling ending. Favorite episode was easily the one where they took shrooms, while all the blatant plugs for Uber got REAL loving annoying.

And Bertie's bunny story :stare:

Yeah Berties boyfriend what a loving creep.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I didn't say he wasn't sociopathic. :shrug: While being unhinged all on his own, he also (tries to) play the voice of reason when the gang is going off the rails, and the last two episodes are way more focused on that perspective to his character. Final episode spoiler which makes his decision to leave the gang for a real family actually a heartwarming moment for his character while also being just as compulsive as everything else the gang does.

not one of those moments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SliRFVLdhjs&t=40s

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I really enjoyed both seasons of Love. There are times where it starts to lose me but I feel the shows dramatic beats are so good that I want to stick around for them. I feel the same way about a show like Shameless. The last scene in season 2 of Love was so well done.

Tainen fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 21, 2017

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Pandora was pretty good. It was short for a Korean movie at only 136 minutes :kimchi:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Chichevache posted:

I thought that plot line was over a couple of seasons ago. I haven't seen any of this season, though, so maybe they brought back the possibility

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Pandora was pretty good. It was short for a Korean movie at only 136 minutes :kimchi:

I havent even looked it up, but the first thing I thought when watching the Train to Busan trailer was "oh poo poo, this is Korean and it's going to be 3 hours long"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

TRAIN
TO
BUSAN

is on Netflix!