Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Today I changed the oil and filter, swapped the front tires (too lazy to do the rears gently caress it), fixed the rear bumper cover (one corner popped off due to my wife backing into something), and replaced the drivers' side front seatbelt receiver.

I wish football was back on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

What's up with Rhode Island's ugly rear end flag?

there are only like 4 good state flags in the entire US

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Alaois posted:

You're off by 4. Here's a list of the 50 worst state flags:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2015/06/23/every-state-flag-is-wrong-and-here-is-why/?utm_term=.1bc68a513e5f

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is like that article about state foods that is trying really, brutally hard to be funny and falls completely flat

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I bought a tamagoyaki pan today, I am really all about the tastiest proteins and I think the Japanese really have it down. I wish I owned land so I could smoke stuff

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Alaska, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, and DC have great flags.

Alabama has a butt flag.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Maryland's flag is art and anyone who hates on it is a tryhard loser

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

My parents are super liberal atheists so I never went to church. The first time was after a sleep over at a catholic friends house. We went to a church and there is an enormous, super graphic, tortured jesus crucifix on the wall. I'm just staring at it and this old dude squats down to get his face real close and says "You did this. You did this to Jesus."

I was 10.

It's not hard to know your night time activities killed God's Only Son, JIZZ DENOUEMENT

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Alaska, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, and DC have great flags.

Alabama has a butt flag.

Ohio's flag owns.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
gently caress Duke Forever.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

186 posted:

gently caress Duke Forever.
Amen brother.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

Maryland's flag is art and anyone who hates on it is a tryhard loser

Maryland has the only good flag.

Arizona isn't bad, actually.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Grayson Allen is a crybaby pissbitch

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Guam's flag looks like the POV of a baby being born on Guam.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Went to an H-Mart for the first time this weekend and holy poo poo why have I not been going here for years. Their meat section runs the entire length of the store, starting with wagyu beef and ending with sushi grade fish. There's an entire wall of fresh mushrooms. There's a whole room just for pickled stuff. You can buy a can of msg.

Just ate the crap out of some really good Bulgogi and a half dozen different pickled veggies.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Forever_Peace posted:

Went to an H-Mart for the first time this weekend and holy poo poo why have I not been going here for years. Their meat section runs the entire length of the store, starting with wagyu beef and ending with sushi grade fish. There's an entire wall of fresh mushrooms. There's a whole room just for pickled stuff. You can buy a can of msg.

Just ate the crap out of some really good Bulgogi and a half dozen different pickled veggies.

they have like 9 different types of octopus at my local H-Mart. Hell.. you can get the tongue of any animal you desire

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What is this magical store you speak of?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

A Man and his dog posted:

What is this magical store you speak of?

It's a fantastic Asian grocery chain primarily (only?) on the east coast. Higher quality, lower prices.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
There are several H Marts in Illinois and Michigan as well

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It's a fantastic Asian grocery chain primarily (only?) on the east coast. Higher quality, lower prices.

It appeared to emphasize Korean food, though it did have stuff from China, Japan, Vietnam, and India as well. The meats were all way better (though more expensive) than anything I'd find in a supermarket around here, predominantly thin-sliced. Heavy emphasis on pork belly and beef short-rib.

Friends tell me there is a Chinese knock-off of H-Mart nearby as well. It's called "C-Mart".

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is my favorite thing about H Mart

quote:

In 2006, a civil suit was filed against H Mart for discrimination against whites when three tenants of the West Willow Shopping Mall that the company had moved into and then bought in Willowbrook, Canada. The three complainants, Rose Farrell of Colour Tech Hair Studio, John Pook of Peter F. Pook Insurance, and Lynn Wallace of Frames West Gallery filed a complaint with the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal alleging that the company wanted to turn it into an Asian-only market.[19]

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Went to an H Mart once. Hard pass!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
john pook lol

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I've never seen or heard of H Mart until now.

I live in North Carolina. I want an H Mart. :(

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The quality to price is shocking. Basically the only dislike is that it was difficult to find full steaks. But as a dude who doesn't eat full steaks and does eat a bunch of tofu it's fantastic.

Apparently there are 3 around Seattle, but none actually in Seattle.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The quality to price is shocking. Basically the only dislike is that it was difficult to find full steaks. But as a dude who doesn't eat full steaks and does eat a bunch of tofu it's fantastic.

Apparently there are 3 around Seattle, but none actually in Seattle.

and if you're *in* Seattle, that's what uwajimaya is for!

Alaois posted:

this is my favorite thing about H Mart

lmfao

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A Man and his dog posted:

I've never seen or heard of H Mart until now.

I live in North Carolina. I want an H Mart. :(
There is one buried in the middle of Cary, outside of Raleigh. I didnt expect one to be this close to me considering that I have lived here for 5+ years and never heard of the place.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

There is one buried in the middle of Cary, outside of Raleigh. I didnt expect one to be this close to me considering that I have lived here for 5+ years and never heard of the place.

Literally the same revelation happened to me after reading that. Now I have to check it out, even though it's in the most obnoxiously clustered away area in the suburbs and there's far easier Asian market to get to in the area.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just had a tree guy come by today to cut down a tree and grind three stumps. I've never seen a stump grinder in action before, and holy hell does that thing make short work of a stump in just a few minutes. Truly impressive to see the giant pile of mulch left behind.

I'm surprised they're not used more in horror movies.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Doctor Swickles, how much sushi can I eat a week before I get broke brained

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Time posted:

Doctor Swickles, how much sushi can I eat a week before I get broke brained

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Flikken posted:

Ohio's flag owns.

This is true.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If we're talking country flags, I mean

laser show

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Better to die broke brained then live with such chains

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Alaois posted:

:smug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bad Moon posted:

Better to die broke brained then live with such chains

I don't know, 17 pounds a week seems reasonable.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehhhhhhhhhh

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

Literally the same revelation happened to me after reading that. Now I have to check it out, even though it's in the most obnoxiously clustered away area in the suburbs and there's far easier Asian market to get to in the area.
Yeah I'll check it out eventually. What's the other Asian market in the area?

Also, poo poo, I forgot there was another TFF goon in/near Raleigh.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I'll check it out eventually. What's the other Asian market in the area?

Also, poo poo, I forgot there was another TFF goon in/near Raleigh.

Grand Asia Market on Buck Jones near Crossroads. Had their buffet once, it was excellent.

I'll also go to bat for California's flag, it's a classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

hell yes

• Locked thread