Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

Ehud posted:

Giving up so quickly on sniping Negan from a safe distance is the most Walking Dead character choice we've seen in a while.

I could be misremembering, as I fast forwarded a lot, but I think Eugene said on the radio that he was sending people into the near by buildings to round up some walkers, so they had to leave. Instead of just coming back a couple days later or whatever, they moved on to the 0% chance to work plan. Also, they should have just shot him through the random mook standing in the way. Any decent 7.62 ammo, which I believe is what she got from Jesus would punch right through that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Kelly posted:

I don't understand what they were trying to convey in the opening scene. They were drawing a map, and each person was taking a turn with what they remembered of the compound? It was so ridiculously overwrought, it was a little hard to watch.

We were laughing so hard at that scene. Apparently they were working on one map for like 4 straight days, to the point of falling asleep at the table, pencil still in hand. And then they showed the result and it couldn't have taken more than 10 minutes to draw and I just can't stop laughing. Also they made a secret escape hatch but there isn't enough time for Maggie and Daryl to escape so what's the loving point again? What if she's taking a shower when they show up? Also they have a tall building in sight of the entrance and out of nowhere they announce they are stepping up security, coincidentally just after our sniper heroes arrive and can't make The Shot? The show's bad, folks.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I honestly don't know why you'd give up a steady gig on TWD for a Star Trek show that's probably DOA because it's airing on some tiny little streaming service.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bates posted:

Someone mentioned Holly earlier and judging by her death I'd guess that's what will happen to Sasha in the finale. Got nothing to back it up with but idle speculation.

Yah that was me. I am 100% certain that's what's going to happen and I look forward to it. Should be terrifying!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
20 seconds into this episode and I'm bored as hell and Enid did not throw that knife lmao

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

So Plan A was killing Negan. Backup plan is to rescue Eugene thus taking away your man inside while also alerting Negan to Plan A.

The only way this show can be saved is by everybody dying from an environmental cataclysm with only Eugene and Negan escaping into a one season road trip together. At the end of that season both Eugene and Negan die. Then the show runners die.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 20, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TOOT BOOT posted:

I honestly don't know why you'd give up a steady gig on TWD for a Star Trek show that's probably DOA because it's airing on some tiny little streaming service.

It's actually a really good form of career insurance. Even if the Star Trek show only lasts a season, because it's Star Trek if she never gets another acting role in her life she'll still be able to make a living doing the convention circuit

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
As sexy as Sasha and Lara Croft Rosita are they are still the stupidest fuckers out the lot.

They acted just the way I do when I tell myself I'm going to camp in an online multilayer game only to get bored 2 mins later run into the enemy base and die in a hail of gunfire.

I really don't want spoilers but do the characters act this loving stupid in the comics?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

The best part of this episode was unquestionably Ogg's facial expressions. I never played GTA so didn't know him till Better Call Saul. He was great there and he is great here.

Anyway, nothing happened, again. This show goes for "high drama serious television seriously" slow boil but it doesn't have the cooks and the stove doesn't work.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/RMWgnD4.gifv

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

this show is so bad. i thought the eugene radio announcement was him tipping them off they wouldn't be safe in the building after he'd somehow noticed them. nope, just a lovely device to force them to give up the sniping plan

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I can't wait till the whole Negan/Saviors story is over so I can stop watching this show

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Eugene bossing people around with the sloth hanging out of his coat pocket ruled, dude deserves a better show.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God if this would fit as an avatar it would be perfect.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Varg posted:

I can't wait till the whole Negan/Saviors story is over so I can stop watching this show

You know they are going to drag this out for two more years.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

And then there's an even wackier story after that!

(have they indicated if TWD comic is anywhere near an ending point)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

Gooooooooooood I hope Sasha gets murderized and returned as a walker with a bag over her head like in the comics. But that won't be until the half season closer of s08, probably, ugh

I will forever find it hilarious that the "good" guys on Fear did exactly what's in that spoiler

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/hsHMuOK.gifv

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Steven Ogg is so loving good. He needs to be more famous! The voice, the looks, his mannerisms are loving amazing.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Last time on DRAGON BALL ZOMBIE:
Next time on DRAGON BALL ZOMBIE:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How many episodes will Rick be charging the spirit bomb?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Vintersorg posted:

Steven Ogg is so loving good. He needs to be more famous! The voice, the looks, his mannerisms are loving amazing.

I saw him in an Old Spice commercial recently and dude's in excellent shape, too. He's pretty much made for villain or henchman roles.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

How many episodes will Rick be charging the spirit bomb?

Considering he's started at the beginning of Season 6...finale of Season 9?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God if this would fit as an avatar it would be perfect.

i WOULD BET SOMEONE CREATIVE COULD DO JUST THAT. a LOT OF NON-MOVEMENT AND VERY SMALL OVERALL MOVEMENTS.

Woah, my caps lock was on.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

:woah:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

2 more episodes until something happens :toot:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Orange Red Bull posted:

2 more episodes until something happens :toot:

Better Call Saul starts?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vanderdeath posted:

I saw him in an Old Spice commercial recently and dude's in excellent shape, too. He's pretty much made for villain or henchman roles.

I've posted this before but Ogg just makes it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsaLDnl_fEs

That said I hope he dies this season on Walking Dead only so he can move into being a main character on Westworld, a show that isn't poo poo. I can't help but think he was very deliberately kept around in the background right up until the end to make room for this very thing.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-walking-dead-did-something-i-didnt-think-was-possib-1793437964

Ahaha, look at these tools thinking this episode made Rosita compelling instead of completing her transformation from cool and likable into "loving DIE ALREADY."

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

moist turtleneck posted:

20 seconds into this episode and I'm bored as hell and Enid did not throw that knife lmao

I thought the same thing, that knife went straight into the ground between her feet.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
alright well I think that's it. Life's just too short to watch the Walking Dead. laterz

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"We have to go kill Neegan"
"Okay What's the plan."
"Alright let's go"

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Mar 21, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

"We have to go kill Neegan"
"Okay What's the plan."
"Alright let's go"

I doubly love how they want to kill him while they have no guns to deal with the reprisals. They even KNOW there will be reprisals, "get the people ready for what happens next." You kill the guy keeping the dogs in line the dogs will chew your loving face off. They don't think Simon will take over and come calling even MORE psychotically? (I want to watch that show, honestly, but it will never happen).

I know people rag on Carl for the same thing and it's technically true but his plan was not only formulated by a kid, it was basically: Sneak in via the back of a truck, pop out and shoot Negan. In the comic panel he just starts spraying and misses. In the TV show he just doesn't fire because plot. Not a great plan at all, but at the time, Rick was being a total pussy and refusing to fight so he felt desperate. The same thing you COULD argue when Rosita took a shot at Negan and was stopped by stupid TV luck again, after Negan basically sauntered around making himself an easy target for two episodes straight.

But what makes this even worse is now Rick agrees to fight, and is trying to arm everyone and get an alliance going, and it's only been a few days realtime. Yet that's not good enough. These two have to launch a suicide attack that will get EVERYBODY killed; not even clever enough to frame it on another colony or something. Sniping him at least would have left doubt who did it but charging in when they've seen your face, really?

The whole thing is maddening. Almost as maddening as my continued frustration with how they're handling Negan's fortress: It's invincible to attack with iron zombies and perfect sight lines you see, yet you can just walk in, murder a guard with a brutal beat down, and drive out without even increasing their security. Not only that, there's buildings apparently surrounding the place with vantage points into their courtyard that they don't post anybody in.

Like I know the show wants me to take them seriously as a threat but I am fairly sure if you gave Carol an M60 and a sniper rifle she could take down the entire loving compound. They're terrible.

ED: Also you can steal poo poo from their ambush while looking right at the fort, because apparently all of Negan's entire empire doesn't have a guy posted up top with binoculars. Though it would have been hilarious if Negan showed up the next episode wanting his explosives back because they literally watched them do it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 21, 2017

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vintersorg posted:

This season would've been a complete snorefest had it not been for Steven Ogg. He's the only thing making it watchable. I nearly lost it when he started talking about cardamom ice cream.

AMC should just have every other character get blasted off into space while we watch Ogg go full-out Trevor Philips in a GTA5 zombie apocalypse. Then rename TWD to "The Trevor Philips Programme".

melon cat fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 21, 2017

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

melon cat posted:

This season would've been a complete snorefest had it not been for Steven Ogg. He's the only thing making it watchable. I nearly lost it when he started talking about cardamom ice cream.

AMC should just have every other character get blasted off into space while we watch Ogg go full-out Trevor Philips in a GTA5 zombie apocalypse. Then rename TWD to "The Trevor Philips Programme".

I have come to love him - he had a small part in Better Call Saul in the first season, as well. I'd love to see AMC hit both the analogue controls and let him fly into an orange-filtered rage.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

melon cat posted:

Gelato != Iced Cream :colbert:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

What's the point of the zombie fence if people can just walk around it to the other side and open up the fence anyway?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Boinks posted:

What's the point of.....

That way Madness Lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Once the zombies are fully metaled up, couldn't the good guys just block up the exits and do a siege? The Saviors have no way of producing their own food, so they'd be relying entirely on stockpile while everyone else could scavenge and live off what the grew. The Saviors compound is surrounded by woods, so even not counting that weird building that didn't exist until last episode, there's tons of cover for snipers to pick off anybody who sticks their head out a door.