Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh dope all my setups are useless in GT3 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I was reminded why I took a break from iRacing last night.

Hopped in the Official Week 13 Miata race to gain some SR, since I was sitting around a A1.45 and would rather not bump down to B.

Ran two races starting from the pits, seemed like the racing was largely clean, gained up to A1.7 and decided I wanted to actually have a chance at racing instead of just turning hotlaps.

Got plowed twice by the same fuckwad who was too busy dickwaving about his real life driving license to understand why you can't just go from the apex to the outside curb when you still have a car outside of you. Ended the night at A1.3.

I do like the new tires, though.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'm going back to Scotland and all of my kit next week, so I'll just miss sebring... :(. There needs to be goon poo poo after that though!

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I think I have to bail on Sebring... I caught something, feel like death and have literally zero practice. In my current condition, I will do more harm than good.

If I turn around before the race and can get some solid laps in, then I can be on standby... but I can't count on being ready to race.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
rip srs bsns team (hope you feel better)

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

4th place again just like Daytona...but in a higher split woooo

e: reminder that if you want to do BES next season (and ESPECIALLY if you're Canadian), there's a signup list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14Rh212r7TKghGbKhVwKow4AhDhsEgTVrJX9usEVMf2w

Lord Crapulus fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 12, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

My team fell apart so I might be done with GT3 for good.

Probably stick to oval and lotus 49 events that interest me.

The same loving road guys making the same mistakes every loving time I see them is getting old too.

Kamel GT is still dope but it's so Nissan heavy that I lost interest.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Sounds like someone should be running GT3 with goons :colbert:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
How do you organize BES? Grab from a pool of available drivers every weekend? I might be interested to jump in now and then, we seemed to be well matched pace-wise on Sebring. But I'm not sure I want to commit to a whole 12 weekends of GT3 :)

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Yeah it's p much just teams of 2/3 made up of whoevers done a few laps practice that week.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Alright, I can take the seat once in a while.

Edit: Since I'm gonna skip L79 this week and BES is at Atlanta I'd actually like to do BES this week. Anyone else? Where does one get the good setups?

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 15, 2017

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

God help me but I think the Blancpain Sprint GT3 series may actually be good now.

I mean it's still more of a contact sport than most of the other series but I've done a few races this week and every one has been a fun time with closer racing and fewer idiots than I remember. Even the one race where I got taken out by a guy putting a wheel on the grass under braking and spinning into me, the guy PM'd me to apologise. :shobon: What happened to the shitshow parade I remember?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I don't know but the race I did in GT3 was even a bottom split, and it was still reasonably clean. Most of the wrecks were people overdriving the track. Let's face it, that's very easy to do at Road Atlanta.

I'm less impressed at Logitech support. My G27 shifter broke and will only go into 3/4. 1/2/5/6/R all bounce back to neutral. I suppose it's a realistic simulation of my wife's old Opel GT, but that's not why I have this drat thing. Support keeps asking questions like "how did you troubleshoot this?" - after I sent them the video they requested.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
How would one troubleshoot that anyway? I put the shifter into 2nd. It went to neutral. We're done here, let me know when the new one is arriving.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I thought you could get a replacement shifter really cheap online. Then I went on eBay and was reminded that I am somehow racing with a literal gold mine.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
:siren: Gooncar Race of Champions! :siren:

Sunday! 10GMT (THIS WILL MEAN DIFFERENT START TIME IN THE US THAN NORMAL BECAUSE YOU DO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS EARLIER YOU WEIRDOS)

Bathurst!

Reverse championship grid!

Everyone show up to maximise the hell slog through the field the fast nerds will have to manage to win!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

How would one troubleshoot that anyway? I put the shifter into 2nd. It went to neutral. We're done here, let me know when the new one is arriving.

Yup. I just haven't had time to dig up the serial number and send it in. Still under warranty, it's not even two years old yet.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Vando posted:

Sunday! 10GMT (THIS WILL MEAN DIFFERENT START TIME IN THE US THAN NORMAL BECAUSE YOU DO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS EARLIER YOU WEIRDOS)

Bathurst!

Everyone show up to maximise the hell slog through the field the fast nerds will have to manage to win!

ps. this will be a tournament race so we can do the reverse grid stuff, it won't show up in league sessions DON'T PANIC etc

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I wasn't in the Championship; can I still race? They took away the Mac version when I was actually available to race...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I had a few mediocre races and won't be there today, so have my spot. :v: I think they want as many people as possible to wreck into blk/crappy/caseface working through the field anyway.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I can't make it, band practice at the same time...

poshphil
Jun 17, 2005

Also can't make it this week, at my parents until Tuesday.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Vando posted:

Bathurst!

Shitloads of people are away so :siren: NEXT WEEK :siren:

Then the week after that is dirt :getin:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
That's my other kid's dumb stupid burthday...

...I'll probably still make it. :v:

Squido
May 21, 2005
Ask me about being a paedophile.
That's pretty good timing actually because it's in rotation for official race this week so I hopefully will have honed my skills on the track enough that you guys pass me in t2 instead of t1.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
In GT3, you can't take tires while taking fuel right? They do one then the other I believe?

Which other series do this?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
In real life its a common endurance thing. If that helps, which it probably doesn't.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
It most definitely does not but I love you nonetheless. I'm just asking which series I can expect to pull into the pits in this particular sim and have them done one at a time.

General RAARGH
Jan 24, 2003

armchair general
Think Proto GT is the same

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Reppin' the BPope in our top 10 finish yesterday

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jesus loving christ. Logitech support is still asking me to confirm I've recalibrated to fix my shifter not sticking in positions other than 3 or 4.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
just get a th8a

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Or an SSH.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If I was not currently broke as gently caress, I would. loving hell their support is just poo poo.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress.

Every iracing Sprint car video they upload it looks like the cars are travelling in fast forward.

I might have to stick to the slower dirt cars. :stare:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sprint cars are 900hp I believe, insanely light and engineered solely to turn left as fast as possible. The ones currently in iRacing will hit 150mph on most short tracks.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
There's a reason they tend to go flippy flippy when they crash.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

If I was not currently broke as gently caress, I would. loving hell their support is just poo poo.

They are finally getting back to me with an actual resolution option - unfortunately it's either a G29 or a refund, without giving me any details beyond that on either.

That SHH shifter seems tempting, assuming they don't make me ship the wheel/pedals back to get the refund. Looks like it should mount easily enough to my Wheelstand Pro.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
On a whim, I checked out Mumble tonight.

"Get out IceAge! Get in the other channel!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
He's been there for like 3 days.