Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Catberry posted:

Where do I find a bear near Riverwood? (Please don't say "the woods")

Also why doesn't a single recipe list wolf meat?

The nearest hard coded bear spawn near Riverwood is on the other side of the Throat of the World. Your best bet is to just stumble upon a random bear mob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

Catberry posted:

The campfire/Primitive Cooking menu has 3 recipes in total.

IIRC campfire/primitive cooking uses a different set of recipes than cooking with proper cooking equipment, like what you'd find in inns or in town. Try finding a spit or cooking pot (a pre-existing cooking pot which looks like it has stuff in it already, not the clutter cooking pot)?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

NiftyBottle posted:

IIRC campfire/primitive cooking uses a different set of recipes than cooking with proper cooking equipment, like what you'd find in inns or in town. Try finding a spit or cooking pot (a pre-existing cooking pot which looks like it has stuff in it already, not the clutter cooking pot)?

I'm at the riverwood cooking pot in that Imperial soldiers house. The fire with primitive cooking has a huge amount of recipes now that I have the patch. The cooking pot as well. Lots of recipes but neither has anything with wolf meat. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I just want to make sure things work as they should before I move further on this save.

A.o.D. posted:

The nearest hard coded bear spawn near Riverwood is on the other side of the Throat of the World. Your best bet is to just stumble upon a random bear mob.

That's surprisingly precise of you :stare:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Catberry posted:

I'm at the riverwood cooking pot in that Imperial soldiers house. The fire with primitive cooking has a huge amount of recipes now that I have the patch. The cooking pot as well. Lots of recipes but neither has anything with wolf meat. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I just want to make sure things work as they should before I move further on this save.

There's a quest to kill it is why, probably.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Catberry posted:

That helped a bit. It unlocked a lot of recipes. But wolf meat still has no uses and the game still doesn't accept my raw bear meat.

Because you have bear meat, not raw bear meat. You need to go into TES5Edit and find out what is overriding Hunterborn's changes, and add those tags back to the food in your merged patch.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Been holding off on this, but we're far enough into beta to share. Is anyone interested in trying out a beta build of Beyond Skyrim: Bruma? If so get me your e-mail address via PM or in a reply and I'd be happy to add you. We're mostly SE compatible.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

pee out my butt posted:

Because you have bear meat, not raw bear meat. You need to go into TES5Edit and find out what is overriding Hunterborn's changes, and add those tags back to the food in your merged patch.
:confused:

It's pretty ironic that the release of the SE edition made me want to try the game again. But all the major mods only work with the regular game so I'm back to that. But then I never used mods the first time I played Skyrim because it had just been released and the pickings were slim.

Catberry fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 26, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Catberry posted:

It sounds like someone doesn't have over a thousand hours playing Skyrim :smugdon:

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Guilty as charged :negative:

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

counterfeitsaint posted:

I hate that if you play Elder Scrolls games normally, you spent like 2/3s of the game as an unstoppable god killing hordes of bandits wearing full suits of ebony and glass armor like they're nothing. I just started again and I have it set so I level at 15% of normal. I actually have to give a drat about my gear because it won't be obsolete after 20 minutes. Might drop it down to 10 or 12% even.

You must be playing Oblivion or Skyrim then. OOO for Oblivion and Morrowloot Ultimate (or Ultimate simplified) for Skyrim. Both really awesome mods. Cherry on top with Morrowloot is Scarcity.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The thing I like about modding is that Skyrim can either be a really harsh and immersive place to game in, with Frostfall and Scarcity and slower leveling and suchlike, or a walk in the park.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Ironically I have yet to start playing. I've been fiddling with mods for over a week and I'm having mixed feelings on mods I thought would be amazing but that then didn't work. And worry for the long term stability if a mod causes problems mid to late game.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I think I may have messed up my Skyrim, not sure. I was getting one or two shot by common creatures like Wolves, but unless something in SPERG or the uncapper managed to mess with anything, it's possibly just because I played a notch higher than usual on gameplay difficulty because of SPERG and spellmods making the game easier and also may have went off exploring the roads toward Hrothgar or whatever it's called earlier than usual, but I'd think stuff like wolves shouldn't be that big a deal. I dunno, it's late for me so I'll try and figure it out later on.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Midas spells have some jedi-style "force push" shenanigans that were absurdly fun on the road to High Hrothgar. Skyrim makes an A+ goat catapult simulator.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Enai is going crazy so here's Wildcat (32bit) for those who are looking for it https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1HMis8VTB-TenZta3BBOGhIdEE/view?usp=sharing

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

Average Bear posted:

Enai is going crazy so here's Wildcat (32bit) for those who are looking for it https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1HMis8VTB-TenZta3BBOGhIdEE/view?usp=sharing

In fairness, he's said over on Reddit that he'll put it back up in a few days. Some of his claims about other combat mods were proven false and he wanted to give more visibility to his retraction because he felt responsible for some damage to their reputation. As modding drama goes, it doesn't seem too bad.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
There hasn't been any news about SKSE, has there? I checked out the site and it had the same "maybe beta in March" message.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I think we're all just waiting for SKSE64. :f5:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Agents are GO! posted:

This and Last Seed alpha for classic. :f5h:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Okay, so this quiver looks fully sick. Does anyone recognize it?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Agents are GO! posted:

Is there any indication this is actually getting done? I thought they basically said they weren't planning on doing it because they've all long since moved on to other poo poo?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Nope, there's a tentative release date for the beta (can't remember what tho).

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

GunnerJ posted:

Nope, there's a tentative release date for the beta (can't remember what tho).

The last update from the SKSE team said tentatively mid-March for beta. SkyUI was the one where the maintainers had all moved on, but I believe someone has agreed to take on updating it once SKSE64 is out.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ElMudo posted:

The last update from the SKSE team said tentatively mid-March for beta. SkyUI was the one where the maintainers had all moved on, but I believe someone has agreed to take on updating it once SKSE64 is out.

if skse works in a similar way skyui probably won't need too big of an update

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Okay, so this quiver looks fully sick. Does anyone recognize it?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, that's not a quiver, but FrankDema's Travel Backpack.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The modders were right!
http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/object-of-intrigue-19th-century-greenlandic-seal-fur-g-string/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=atlas-page

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

quote:

Seal skin thongs, therefore, were less likely to result in frozen sweat being trapped between the buttocks.
That does sound unpleasant.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That's barbarian Hero Armor, surely.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Apologies if I'm missing a default option, but how do I get the game to run fullscreen windowed, specifically through MO/SKSE? Whenever I tab back to the game in fullscreen mode, there's a 50/50 chance that the windows cursor will show up alongside the game one, and they move at different speeds. I know Fallout 4 can do it stock, should be pretty easy to get Skyrim to do it, right?

Currently using OG Skyrim w/ hi-res DLC, I dunno how many mods have updated to Special Edition so I haven't tried that out yet.

E: I've set SKSE options to run in "windowed" mode, but it still has the typical Windows border around it so the bottom 50 pixels or so are off my screen, and it doesn't launch that way through MO anyway, only when I do SKSE straight through Steam.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 23, 2017

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Enourmo posted:

Apologies if I'm missing a default option, but how do I get the game to run fullscreen windowed, specifically through MO/SKSE? Whenever I tab back to the game in fullscreen mode, there's a 50/50 chance that the windows cursor will show up alongside the game one, and they move at different speeds. I know Fallout 4 can do it stock, should be pretty easy to get Skyrim to do it, right?

Currently using OG Skyrim w/ hi-res DLC, I dunno how many mods have updated to Special Edition so I haven't tried that out yet.

E: I've set SKSE options to run in "windowed" mode, but it still has the typical Windows border around it so the bottom 50 pixels or so are off my screen, and it doesn't launch that way through MO anyway, only when I do SKSE straight through Steam.

More games have progressed to including borderless windowed (aka The Sensible Option) as a default option, but you'll always run across the odd ones which don't and where you just have to sigh at the developers for neglecting to include it, and use a third-party program to make up for their shortcomings. And I feel that Skyrim was one of the latter.

At least it includes a windowed mode at all. It's even more of a pain for games that are true-fullscreen or bust.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've been playing other games with the option for so long that when I came back to Skyrim to try mods out, and re-discovered it didn't have that function, I was genuinely disconcerted.

E: At least mods are working for me this time around. Last August I tried them out, went crazy adding every mod that looked remotely nice, and wound up with about 40, which would run fine for about 40 minutes before crashing to desktop; way too many interacting mods to try and troubleshoot with such a long time before failure. I've got a new rig now, and I've been gradually adding mods in and checking stability, and they all seem to be going well so far. Just having Live Another Life is a refreshing change from the default experience.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 23, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ENB will do it. (I'm just using ENBoost and it works fine.) http://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost#Recommendations has the instructions I followed.

OneTweak on the Nexus purports to do it as well, and I vaguely recall using it back in the day without issue.

All of this is Vanilla. gently caress knows what works with SE (assuming it doesn't have the option natively).

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I use OneTweak and haven't ever had a problem with it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"Oh I just got my computer back from being repaired", I said. "Maybe I'll play some Skyrim, it's all modded up already so I can just jump in," I said. "Eh, maybe I'll check to see if anything's been upgraded," I said.

oh god

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

docbeard posted:

"Oh I just got my computer back from being repaired", I said. "Maybe I'll play some Skyrim, it's all modded up already so I can just jump in," I said. "Eh, maybe I'll check to see if anything's been upgraded," I said.

oh god

the cycle of destruction is a constant in the universe

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Are there any mods that add the Dark Souls armor sets to Skyrim? I tried searching the Nexus, but I couldn't find any.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Looking for SKSE64 info, I was directed to this post from today. Sounds like it may be a little while on a finished script extender.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Max Wilco posted:

Are there any mods that add the Dark Souls armor sets to Skyrim? I tried searching the Nexus, but I couldn't find any.

I imagine that type of thing would never go on nexus because someone else's IP. Unless the DS guys are as cool as CDProjekt about Witcher assets, which I dunno.

e: I should say I have seen some DS armor but it's hosted on baidu so enjoy never downloading it even though it technically exists

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 1, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

graynull posted:

Looking for SKSE64 info, I was directed to this post from today. Sounds like it may be a little while on a finished script extender.

At least it's "we just have to find the time to do the work" rather than "gently caress knows if we even can do this", which is what it was sounding like for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, I'm a big fan of Imp's More Complex Needs for New Vegas and I'm looking for something similar for Skyrim. Between iNeed and Realistic Needs and Diseases, which one is closest to Imp's?