Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Yeonik posted:

122 f.

Wd-40 is junk.

so are they allowed to sell WD-40 in Australia because a few months ago a can of WD-40 would have become an impromptu flamethrower/incendiary grenade just from the air temperature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stridsvagn_122
this is what i got googling 122 f

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Hellsau posted:

so are they allowed to sell WD-40 in Australia because a few months ago a can of WD-40 would have become an impromptu flamethrower/incendiary grenade just from the air temperature.

That's just the flash point according to the MSDS. That's the temperature which it starts giving off vapors that can be ingited by an ignition source (which needs to be significantly hotter than that) so Australia (and also Phoenix, which I used to live in and saw up to 125 degrees...) is safe unless you store it near the BBQ that you just fired up to put your shrimp on.

Though if it's an aerosol can of it, you may want to keep it in a nice cool place.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 20, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
loving :lol: at human beings still living in or around Phoenix in the year of our lord 2017.

I come through there every so often and I cannot stop laughing at people living down there. 90% of the people I know from there brag excessively about how any other place is "nothing" compared to Phoenix, even though they live and work in fully-climate-controlled environments.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

loving :lol: at human beings still living in or around Phoenix in the year of our lord 2017.

I come through there every so often and I cannot stop laughing at people living down there. 90% of the people I know from there brag excessively about how any other place is "nothing" compared to Phoenix, even though they live and work in fully-climate-controlled environments.

Imagine living somewhere and being unable to stay outside without dying. It's like living on the moon.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't know how people do it. I don't know how I did it for almost 10 years. The heat there in the summer is absolutely miserable. I have a lot of really good friends there and loved the winters there when it was 70 the whole time, but none of that is worth surviving through the summers.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The summer heat isn't so bad when you are stuck indoors working during the day anyways.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Hellsau posted:

Imagine living somewhere and being unable to stay outside without dying. It's like living on the moon.

source your quotes

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I just came back from work in Chandler last week, and 93 degrees was "a nice spring day" down there.

Hellsau posted:

Back in MY MILITARY DAYS, we'd do our maneuvers in a crappy shithole of a place that saw temperatures down to -27 degrees Celsius (-17F for you nonconformists), and when we were in the middle of loving nowhere for three days, you got a feeling of "Welp, start a fire, or you're dead before the morning", and at least you had enough fuel and the means to survive.

I cannot help but laugh at people living in an area where they will dehydrate and die if their power/fuel is out and they run out of water, because you can't burn a bush for a cool breeze of air.

Related tank-talk: Down there in our lovely German freeze-hole, we once had a neighboring unit of recon-dudes that tried to make a comfortable little retreat by shoveling free an area under their Luchs, because they weren't allowed to sleep in the vehicle for some dumb German reasons. The person pointing out they'd die from CO-poisoning or something was not very happy.
:downs:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm in Yuma right now and this place can go to hell. Glad I won't be here n the summer.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Related tank-talk: Down there in our lovely German freeze-hole, we once had a neighboring unit of recon-dudes that tried to make a comfortable little retreat by shoveling free an area under their Luchs, because they weren't allowed to sleep in the vehicle for some dumb German reasons. The person pointing out they'd die from CO-poisoning or something was not very happy.
:downs:

Wikipedia tells me that there's a wheeled vehicle called the Luchs, however I want to choose to believe that the Luchs was such a great tank that people are still using them half a century later.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
NM

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

what is a chieftan t95 and why can't i have one

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just came back from work in Chandler last week, and 93 degrees was "a nice spring day" down there.

nice meltdown. don't come back, grandpa

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Meltdown is the only thing people can do in Arizona.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

McGavin posted:

:thejoke:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lmao at the pen and shell velocity on this new premium tier 8 swedish thing

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

You win, wargaming.0-22.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ROFLburger posted:

If I want to beat a campaign I have to play arty. This is bullshit.

You don't, you just need to complete the other 4 with honors

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I didn't know Arizona's state superhero was Meltman.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

what is a chieftan t95 and why can't i have one

It's a bad tier 8 premium that would be an adequate tier 8 pref, like a much worse FCM 50t, but it sees tier tens. It's a clan wars reward. It won me a Mutz because apparently I was the third best Chieftain player.

lol holy poo poo it's so obscenely worse than the FCM

and it only technically has turret armor, which is made useless because it has no hull armor and the largest cupola in the game with 50mm of armor on it.

also the tier ten chieftain will never be implemented on PC

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

ROFLburger posted:

lmao at the pen and shell velocity on this new premium tier 8 swedish thing

Another new OP premium, imagine my surprise.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

You win, wargaming.0-22.

Yeah I made it to about 25 games before throwing in the towel. Closest I came was one shot away with the T-34-85M. I think I'm done with these missions.

e: Took one last run in a hellcat, shot a ton of APCR, finally got it.

Barry fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 21, 2017

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Going from tanks with armor (252) to not (Tiger II) is a tricky business. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to not suck with the tiger? I am still getting the hang of the right sidescrape angle on it but it seems no matter what people will still either pen my turret face or my upper plate. Also tier 10 battles are much less fun.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Going from tanks with armor (252) to not (Tiger II) is a tricky business. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to not suck with the tiger? I am still getting the hang of the right sidescrape angle on it but it seems no matter what people will still either pen my turret face or my upper plate. Also tier 10 battles are much less fun.

With power creep, never angle your tank more than ~5-10 degrees to incoming enemy fire or they can cut through your side like butter. Ideally try and find spots where you can hide your LFP, and realize that you're now a mid-line tank, not a front-line brawler. Teammates will bitch and moan about you not soaking up damage so they can be Rambo and single-handedly win the game, but you serve a better purpose *not dying* so you can leverage that long 88.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Deal more damage than you take. If an enemy shoots you for 240 and you shoot it for 320 and you are back in cover while you both reload, cool you have the HP to soak up damage. If you take 490 damage and deal 320 and then both of you reload, you hosed up - either ensure you can get two shots off for every one (generally by pushing through so the enemy cannot pull back into cover) or don't let a tank deal more damage to you than you can deal to it. If you're in some little poo poo's face and no other enemies can shoot you, hold left click on the enemy tank until it dies or you die, but get all the damage out that you can. If you're in a situation where multiple tanks are shooting you, you hosed up. Learn how you got yourself into that situation and avoid doing that same mistake in the future. If you deal your own HP in damage, you're an acceptable teammate. HP trading is fine as long as you actually put out damage. Please don't lose a ton of HP "sidescraping" while not actually shooting enemies. Even if you are sidescraping perfectly, they can just wait until you're looking at them to shoot them and shoot you in the turret face or front plate or roof if they have a high caliber gun. If you insist on trying to use the armor you don't have by sidescraping, then show the half of your tank that has the cupola on it - it's not a weakspot, any more than your turret face or roof or upper plate are a weakspot, and the cupola is both a smaller target and has a lot of 0-damage hit zones because Wargaming are loving terrible game designers.

Also don't play regular matchmaking tier 8s outside of strongholds, the tiger 2 is perfectly adequate in a tier 8 detachment and tier 10 games are awful.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also bear in mind that the new T8 premiums' lots in life seems to be making GBS threads all over pref-MM T8s in exchange for the occasional T10 game.

Occasional? It's pretty much 3/5 ratio, if not worse

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Anyone else here play on the SEA server?

Since i pay2lose and don't have time to grind the marathon missions, i just bought all the vouchers for the T25 Pilot the day it was launched. Not a bad tank and slightly more mobile than the pershing/patton kr. I'm doing alright in it for my scrubby standard, similar to the pershing/kr but my dpg and exp per game are slightly higher in the T25. More spots per game as well but that's probably due to the extra mobility.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

warcrimes posted:

Occasional? It's pretty much 3/5 ratio, if not worse

Tier 8 platoons get disproportionate amounts of tier ten matches compared to solo tier 8 players. I'm hoping the new matchmaker will try to balance platoons between tiers. When one team gets a platoon of tier 10 mediums as their top tiers and the other team has some random tier ten players and a tier 8 platoon, poo poo gets really lopsided. Same if one team gets a platoon of ARMED tier 10 German tank players as their top tiers. Having the same number of platoons per side seems completely inconsequential if the tier of those platoons aren't taken into account.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Tonight is bad, really bad. 10 games, all losers except one where we get swept by half or more of their team.
But hey, i completed today's mission without trying. 984 damage and died within 2 minutes because my support decided he was gonna run off and engage another tank and ran into half the team.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
im a wizard none of you can top deck this magic http://imgur.com/a/9cR8J same assist damage number as my normal damage dealt number :witch: im not sure if iv ever done that before other than zeros

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 21, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Thanks for the free farm Argentinians!

Also Atomizer should give Cafone whatever rank it is that let's him bring artillery strikes.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 21, 2017

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Who needs an aimbot when you have a huge minimap.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

2Jets posted:

Who needs an aimbot when you have a huge minimap.

I tried doing that once, long long time ago.

Accidentally hit and killed a teammate.:doh: In my defense they were tangled together, and in retrospect suppose that I hit anything implies I did it right.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Barry posted:

Another new OP premium, imagine my surprise.

Yeah I made it to about 25 games before throwing in the towel. Closest I came was one shot away with the T-34-85M. I think I'm done with these missions.

e: Took one last run in a hellcat, shot a ton of APCR, finally got it.

Nice! I took one last try in my Marder 38T and did 1100 damage in a Tier V match on the losing team. When I need a result that and my Wolverine are my best vehicles.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The swedish premium td is in, it is inferior to the udes in all categories except that the gun fires a little more rapidly and the shell moves a bit faster.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

10 battles as one of the top three damage dealers on your team is irritating, but fine. Ten wins as top three? No thanks.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

10 battles as one of the top three damage dealers on your team is irritating, but fine. Ten wins as top three? No thanks.

Yesterday was rather nice even if I couldn't get it does in a T28 / ISU-152. These type of missions are definitely much more annoying than the XP, damage, etc. Of course I guess in Russia, everyone should want to drive OP T4-T6 tanks all night.

I also had a rather good game in the M56 scorpion last night. Unfortunately it ended in a loss. Of course the Leo I missed the kill shot on twice earlier would come back to bite me in the rear end.

Looks like the mastery badge is ~1200 or greater XP

EequalsMCHammer: I think someone might be taking note of your accounts: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/60mw7f/just_saw_a_really_obvious_bot_platoon/

HFX fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 21, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hellsau posted:

Yeah, total loving nonsense.

I really wish they would have put out the schedule ahead of time, it would be pretty easy to tally up all the yes/no/maybes for the dailies to see if it's worth your time/expense to get the T25.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

HFX posted:

Yesterday was rather nice even if I couldn't get it does in a T28 / ISU-152. These type of missions are definitely much more annoying than the XP, damage, etc. Of course I guess in Russia, everyone should want to drive OP T4-T6 tanks all night.

I also had a rather good game in the M56 scorpion last night. Unfortunately it ended in a loss. Of course the Leo I missed the kill shot on twice earlier would come back to bite me in the rear end.

2017-03-21 06:12 Swamp
Scorpion
LOST
1,258 2,784 5,369 1,909 3,352 485 2 0 0 0 40,294 cr
Looks like the mastery badge is ~1200 or greater XP

EequalsMCHammer: I think someone might be taking note of your accounts: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/60mw7f/just_saw_a_really_obvious_bot_platoon/

yeah that guy was spergin hard at 2 am because "i lost him the game"

the mm lost him the game by pairing t6 meds against t6 heavies

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

i like how one of the replies is a guy more interested in how to get a code for the churchill III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Could probably get it done in the Churchill III without too much effort. But gently caress that.