Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squashing Machine posted:

Among the insane number of problems with the film is the pacing. It really needed one of those "busting ghosts all over town" montages a la the original to bridge the gap between the concert scene and them getting called in by the mayor. Instead, they bust that dragon ghost, and then in a matter of like 24 hours they've killed Bill Murray and gotten called in by Mayor Garcia. The writers just didn't know how to bridge the gaps between the plot points they knew they had to hit

Bill Murray was in it? What a film to go out on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mike hates older women :(

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
This was a very good episode of the flop internet series Best of the Worst.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

counterfeitsaint posted:

I haven't watched it yet, but I keep watching to ask this and then forgetting: What is that thing in the glass case behind them when they introduce the movies? It looks like some kind of rotten shriveled fruit with a little plaque, but it's too small to make now what it says.

Edit: This thing:

The plaque is a certificate of authenticity from https://www.propstore.com which states it's a screen used prop, beyond that no idea.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

FrensaGeran posted:

Mike hates older women :(

Jokes making fun of people for looking old kinda bum me out sometimes because people act like it's by choice - like it's a moral failing or something. It's weird.

I think in this case though, the lady in that first movie was definitely miscast. And the adult teens in the second one.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Freddy is looking good in his older years, looks like he lost some weight too.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

This is only for patreon followers, but they've confirmed Jay is bisexual, so any of you rich gays would be applicable to gently caress him,

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Giga Gaia posted:

This was a very good episode of the EXCLUSIVE internet series Best of the Worst.

Fixed

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

me personally i loved this episode

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
RIP Max Landis. He was hung.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Paladinus posted:

He IS hung you mean.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Paladinus posted:

Hanged :eng101:

naem
May 29, 2011

powerful sex moves posted:

Jokes making fun of people for looking old kinda bum me out sometimes because people act like it's by choice - like it's a moral failing or something. It's weird.

I think in this case though, the lady in that first movie was definitely miscast. And the adult teens in the second one.

She's an attractive lady, you just have to write her age into the story well and you're not going to find that in a rubber monster movie

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

thank.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why do they keep calling him Max Landis? That guy was way more handsome than Max Landis.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
TAKE THAT MAX LANDIS

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The Archaic posted:

TAKE THAT MAX LANDIS

Has Max Landis tweeted about his yet? Im at work and cant check twitter.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i cant check twitter either. i mean i physically cannot bring myself to do it

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

I checked because i hate myself. he has apparently spent several hours tweeting about triple h applying a facelock.

Tezzora
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the guest on "best of the worst" drew this

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

naem posted:

She's an attractive lady, you just have to write her age into the story well and you're not going to find that in a rubber monster movie

Yeah, I was thinking that. Just make her a cougar type rather than trying to sell her as a young bombshell.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Someone buy Rich a new wardrobe.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Max Landis?

One lax man, dis.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Tezzora posted:

the guest on "best of the worst" drew this

God drat lol

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

counterfeitsaint posted:

This describes DD S2 as well. Maybe these shows should be limited to 6-8 episodes.

I think someone once suggested that the problem might also be run-time, too. I think the idea was that since these are not on traditional TV, you don't have to follow the traditional 30/60 minute (with commercials) episode size and maybe having just as many episodes but be willing to have inconsistent lengths to keep things moving might work, too.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That was a great BotW. Great movies, no Josh, and a drat good guest. He might be the best guest they've ever had. (Obv the Canadii are semi-regulars and don't count as guests or they'd win)

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

That was a great BotW. Great movies, no Josh, and a drat good guest. He might be the best guest they've ever had. (Obv the Canadii are semi-regulars and don't count as guests or they'd win)

I was bummed out that Rich interrupted him multiple times with not so funny bits.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

counterfeitsaint posted:

Freddy has been on before.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Pretty good episode

Also Jay gets more swole while Mike's C cups are really obvious even when he's wearing a big sweatshirt

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I liked the shot of Scientist Man with purple hands it seemed purposeful, though it also looked like makeup and seemed like a joke in response to people calling Mike out on it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

counterfeitsaint posted:

I haven't watched it yet, but I keep watching to ask this and then forgetting: What is that thing in the glass case behind them when they introduce the movies? It looks like some kind of rotten shriveled fruit with a little plaque, but it's too small to make now what it says.

Edit: This thing:

https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/834974615860572160

EDIT: Hard to say, but I think it's a green version of this "Gremlin Bullet Ball" still for sale:

http://www.propstore.com/product/gremlins-2-the-new-batch/brown-baby-gremlin-bullet-ball/

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 21, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thank god no Jack, or Josh. The other guy is pretty good on the panel.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Someone buy Rich a new wardrobe.
rlm is his only job so i think hes content to live a thrifty life. maybe his forever-fiance has a better job

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I like this new format of guest selected movies as there might be more actually watchable bad movies instead of just plain boring bad movies. Enjoy watching my internet make believe friends have a good time instead of a miserable one.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Rooting for Cameron Mitchell wanting to kill a woman and her baby was pretty great.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
can't believe how many of you don't know freddy was on on a previous botw and did the cover for Feeding Frenzy

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

can't believe how many of you don't know freddy was on on a previous botw and did the cover for Feeding Frenzy

Goons are terrible at watching things. Any TVIV thread will have multiple factual inaccuracies about the events of any given episode of television.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Trunko posted:

I'll finish editing the book once I recover from this mental fatigue from lack of mike in the best of these worst

*Taps watch*

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

EDIT: Hard to say, but I think it's a green version of this "Gremlin Bullet Ball" still for sale:

I can see that now. I was thinking it was a collapsed claymation puppet from Laserblast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

reignofevil posted:

*Taps watch*

now im dealing with a malaise.....in general. I think my long period of mike withdrawl has reeked havoc on my mental state.

• Locked thread